• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ways to Save Petrol in your Car

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yep, there're simply no good reasons to own a car here these days. I am glad we were fortunate to have had our car fun those days. Before COE, ERP, in-car cams, traffic cams and road congestions. I should sell off mine, it's being underused.

Plus you have to deal with all the assholes on the road!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
By the way, I don't wash my car. It's washed naturally by rain. The only time it gets to "bathe" is when it is at the workshop for servicing. :biggrin:

I reckon I shouldn't wash the car. I pay a license to rent called COE for 10 years to PAP. It really doesn't belong to me. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
4 men test car’s suspension vigorously while pumping petrol in JB, alleged to be S’poreans – Mothership.SG
mothership.sg

FacebookTwitterWhatsApp

For some people, the term “pumping petrol” can be quite physical.

If you want it, you gotta werk it

On April 8, a video of four people rocking their car while refueling at a petrol station was uploaded to the Facebook page All Singapore Stuff.

The video appeared to be filmed by an observer just outside the station.
Malaysia-based media World of Buzz speculated(WOB) that the four people were Singaporeans, with the location of the petrol station to be in Johor Bahru.
However, it is unclear when the incident took place.

Here is the video:
In case you can’t see the video:
Here is the video’s caption:
“This weekend, spend quality time with your family”.
Breakdown of car rocking

Throughout the video, one man dressed in a white t-shirt and blue pants can be seen sitting in the open boot of the car, vigorously shaking it up and down.

He is aided in his endeavour by a second man dressed in an orange t-shirt, who appears to be also pressing the car up and down, although the second man eventually stops.

Meanwhile, on the left of car are two people who appear to be tending to the petrol pump, with one of them holding it steady as the car bobs up and down.
Here is a gif of their efforts:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-45.gif
Source: Gif of video from All Singapore Stuff

At one point, the video zooms out of the station to show the queue of vehicles that has supposedly formed outside, with some laughter heard in the background.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-47.gif
Gif of video from All Singapore Stuff

The video then re-focuses on the car and its occupants, showing the man in white still rocking the car up and down.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-48.gif

Why the speculation that the people involved are Singaporean?

Because Singaporeans have been captured on video rocking their car at a Malaysian petrol station before, such as here:

Although it should be noted that such behaviour is not just limitedto Malaysian petrol stations.

Does shaking the car actually allow you to pump more petrol?

The short answer: no.

Rather, it is that the time that has passed, and not the rocking, which allows more petrol to be introduced to the tank.

Is shaking the car bad for it then?

Several commentators who responded to the video pointed that out such an action would likely spoil the suspension.

2019-04-12-15.55.15_censored.jpg
Screenshot from All Singapore Stuff
2019-04-12-15.55.19_censored.jpg
2019-04-12-15.55.23_censored.jpg

While shaking the car is not bad for it per se, overfilling the tank is detrimental as it may cause the petrol to enter the Evac system, the fuel evaporation system which helps remove vapour from a fuel tank.

And the cost of replacing the Evac system can quite steep.

In any case, another commentator stated that such an act should not be done on the grounds simply because it looked ridiculous.

2019-04-12-15.59.42_censored.jpg
Source: Screenshot from All Singapore Stuff

Here’s a local case of twerking at a petrol station:
Here’s why shaking your car to pump petrol doesn’t actually work:
Top image collage from All Singapore Stuff

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
By the way, I don't wash my car. It's washed naturally by rain. The only time it gets to "bathe" is when it is at the workshop for servicing. :biggrin:

I reckon I shouldn't wash the car. I pay a license to rent called COE for 10 years to PAP. It really doesn't belong to me. :biggrin:
Yes, we pay for the privilege of a temporary car ownership. A very expensive privilege. I don't believe in washing my car too. I am appalled at those who do. There are better things to do, like polishing and cleaning our PMDs. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
4 men test car’s suspension vigorously while pumping petrol in JB, alleged to be S’poreans – Mothership.SG
mothership.sg

FacebookTwitterWhatsApp

On April 8, a video of four people rocking their car while refueling at a petrol station was uploaded to the Facebook page All Singapore Stuff.

Malaysia-based media World of Buzz speculated(WOB) that the four people were Singaporeans, with the location of the petrol station to be in Johor Bahru.

Here is the video:

Breakdown of car rocking

Throughout the video, one man dressed in a white t-shirt and blue pants can be seen sitting in the open boot of the car, vigorously shaking it up and down.

He is aided in his endeavour by a second man dressed in an orange t-shirt, who appears to be also pressing the car up and down, although the second man eventually stops.

Meanwhile, on the left of car are two people who appear to be tending to the petrol pump, with one of them holding it steady as the car bobs up and down.

At one point, the video zooms out of the station to show the queue of vehicles that has supposedly formed outside, with some laughter heard in the background.

The video then re-focuses on the car and its occupants, showing the man in white still rocking the car up and down.

Because Singaporeans have been captured on video rocking their car at a Malaysian petrol station before, such as here:

Although it should be noted that such behaviour is not just limitedto Malaysian petrol stations.

Rather, it is that the time that has passed, and not the rocking, which allows more petrol to be introduced to the tank.

Several commentators who responded to the video pointed that out such an action would likely spoil the suspension.

While shaking the car is not bad for it per se, overfilling the tank is detrimental as it may cause the petrol to enter the Evac system, the fuel evaporation system which helps remove vapour from a fuel tank.

In any case, another commentator stated that such an act should not be done on the grounds simply because it looked ridiculous.

Sinkies are really gong jibuy cheapos. Shake car to pump cheaper petrol in JB. Lol :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
mothership.sg

FacebookTwitterWhatsApp

Here is the video:

Breakdown of car rocking

So siah suay, make the mudlanders laugh at us. KNN :mad: :biggrin: