• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Technical Help Needed For Webshop

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No leh. I'm making about $700-$1000 a month selling just 5 products (price range $49-79). Hence I've decided to upgrade to a proper domain.

Recent trip to GZ, I bought back alot of things to sell. I bought around $500 SGD of goods back and I already recovered $200+++ by selling only 10% of my stock :biggrin: This is done by face to face selling but ill be putting all these in my webstore. In fact, it's all done up at miiduu. I just need to get the site up :(

Oh boy, if your products have a demand like that, you can boost your sales exponentially by not using an online store.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tell us how you solved it, when you do.

If FTP is not the problem, then what Leongsam said might be the issue. That is to point my IP correctly. The miiduu technical page never include this step.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Oh boy, if your products have a demand like that, you can boost your sales exponentially by not using an online store.

I'm already selling my products face to face. But I want to have another alternative for customers. It also brings me great joy to see that while many have failed in the online retail arena, I managed to see a profit( no matter how small :biggrin:)

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm already selling my products face to face. But I want to have another alternative for customers. It also brings me great joy to see that while many have failed in the online retail arena, I managed to see a profit( no matter how small :biggrin:)

Good, good! I'm happy for you.

You can try A record, but I don't think you know your store's IP address, as it needs to be assigned to you by miiduu for your store.
But your store is just a miserable sub-domain in miiduu.

Maybe to use your yyy.com for now, so you feel shiok about it, get into GoDaddy and do a simple forwarding to yourwhatevernameonlinestore.miiduu.com.

Problem solved.

LodeRunner69

If FTP is not the problem, then what Leongsam said might be the issue. That is to point my IP correctly. The miiduu technical page never include this step.
If your miiduu site can be reached by the name, there is no need to go down to ip addr. The DNS service will resolve to your ip if it's set up properly. Also ip can be dynamic and changed so it's not recommended to use ip addr directly.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
go to command prompt if your are using windows.

at prompt type nslookup
at > type
set type=ns
then type your domain name
yourdomain.com
see if the name servers listed is correctly pointing to godaddy's
then type
set type=cname
then type domain name with www in front eg.
www.your-domain.com
if it shows something like cname blahblah.miiduu.com then it is correct
if not type exit
then flush your dns cache by typing at command prompt ipconfig /flushdns
then do a nslookup again.

if still the same then dns is not propagated completely.
try querying godaddy's name servers directly.
type
server goddady's.nameservers.com
then type follow above steps again.

as you are using cname to redirect your site to miiduu, you do not have an A record to set. you only can set cname. miiduu will not give you a ip address for your site.

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal

There's no need to go down to IP addr as this is handled by DNS. If your miiddu server is accessible by name, it means its DNS bit is proper; just need to configure at the godaddy screen to point to your miiddu server by name.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Also ip can be dynamic and changed so it's not recommended to use ip addr directly.

An IP addresses of websites are not dynamic. It can be changed on a regular basis if need be but each time it is changed, the A list needs to be updated. You're confusing server IP addresses with the ones allocated by ISPs to customers to connect to the internet.

The exception to this rule is if a load balancer set up is being used in which case more than one IP address can be used to access the same site

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
just need to configure at the godaddy screen to point to your miiddu server by name.

That's what the instructions at miiduu says and I did that. But dunno why still cannot. If you look at the pic below, the edited portion should be my registered domain name or miiduu store name?

7C364FD7-F144-482E-A948-55E0B448A488-3333-000002112098C908_zpsecf55780.jpg

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what the instructions at miiduu says and I did that. But dunno why still cannot. If you look at the pic below, the edited portion should be my registered domain name or miiduu store name?

Your store name. If you type your store name in the browser, is it accessible? What do you see?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Your store name. If you type your store name in the browser, is it accessible? What do you see?

If I type on (example) sammyboy.miiduu.com, I get to see the shop. But this is the free site. Because (example) Sammyboy.com domain is not available, I bought another domain (example) fuckthepap.com. When I typed in fuckthepap.com on my browser, I see this.

A35B1500-AB40-4C66-98D0-38DF11624E42-3818-0000026CE70A0F11_zpsc924aa53.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you sell sex toy is it, face to face you show your customer how to use it , is it?

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shit, I have not been careful n exposed my clone while attempting to help raiders...but what the heck...

Raiders the page you saw is probably the index.html page in your godaddy.com hosting site.
Which means sammyboy.miiddu.com is still pointing to your godaddy.com site. Change in your third screen to point to fuckthepap.com, save, and type www.fuckthepap.com in the browser and see if it works.
(Don't expose my clone pls...don't approve my other reply :-) thx)

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shit, I have not been careful n exposed my clone while attempting to help raiders...but what the heck...

Raiders the page you saw is probably the index.html page in your godaddy.com hosting site.
Which means sammyboy.miiddu.com is still pointing to your godaddy.com site. Change in your third screen to point to fuckthepap.com, save, and type www.fuckthepap.com in the browser and see if it works.
(Don't expose my clone pls...don't approve my other reply :-) thx)

I approve this message.