• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Technical Help Needed For Webshop

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Home wifi is m1. Phone 3G is Singtel. But surprising my ipad can access at home. The rest of the devices can't. I tried to flush the iPhone by 1. Airplane mode 2. Resetting network settings but no use also :(

Will try tonight brother. Thanks :smile:

If flushing DNS does not work, then just change it to Open DNS or Google Public DNS. Follow instructions and you'll be fine.

Actually, M1's DNS Servers are pretty good and reliable, so I don't know what exactly you're having this problem.

Did you flush your DNS? Clearing browser is not the same as flushing DNS. If you've not done yet, please do so.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If flushing DNS does not work, then just change it to Open DNS or Google Public DNS. Follow instructions and you'll be fine.

Did you flush your DNS? Clearing browser is not the same as flushing DNS. If you've not done yet, please do so.

I only have my phone with me now. Out for RT. I must be connected to wifi to flush my phone right?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm going to get slaughtered by sinkie and Leongsam now. All along I have been just typing in xxxx.com in my browser and it shows the shitty page. I typed in www.xxxx.com and I can see my shop. :o

How come when I enter google.com, I can go to google and don't have to type in the www in front?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm going to get slaughtered by sinkie and Leongsam now. All along I have been just typing in xxxx.com in my browser and it shows the shitty page. I typed in www.xxxx.com and I can see my shop. :o

How come when I enter google.com, I can go to google and don't have to type in the www in front?

KNN!!!

Because you're using CName and not A record. That's why you've to use www.RaidersGoFuckSpidersOnlineShop.com

and will not work without the www.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, you can chat with GoDaddy support or write to them. They will guide you to configure your domain for www. and without www.

Let us know when you've it resolved. :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro, you can chat with GoDaddy support or write to them. They will guide you to configure your domain for www. and without www.

Let us know when you've it resolved. :biggrin:

With my knowledge on IT, I think have to take 1 week :o

But thanks to you brother. You and Leongsam have been extremely patient :biggrin:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With my knowledge on IT, I think have to take 1 week :o

But thanks to you brother. You and Leongsam have been extremely patient :biggrin:

No need, they will do for you. Just tell them:

I've configured my domain yyy.com to point to xxxx.miiduu.com. However, I noticed that only http://www.yyy.com is working but http://yyy.com is not. Can you help me to configure the domain for both www. and without www.? Let me know what other info you need. Thanks.

They will know what to do. Why you so afraid to ask them and not afraid to ask here? :eek:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No need, they will do for you. Just tell them:

They will know what to do. Why you so afraid to ask them and not afraid to ask here? :eek:

No lah. I was pestering them everyday over the DNS issue. Will email them regarding this. How about the SSL certificate? Is it worthwhile to pay for it since I'm just at a starter stage.

And also, any good webmail to recommend? I'm using gmail at the moment. I need a webmail that is easy to use and can be configured to the MAIL app on the iPhone and the Note 2. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah. I was pestering them everyday over the DNS issue. Will email them regarding this. How about the SSL certificate? Is it worthwhile to pay for it since I'm just at a starter stage.

And also, any good webmail to recommend? I'm using gmail at the moment. I need a webmail that is easy to use and can be configured to the MAIL app on the iPhone and the Note 2. :biggrin:

Gmail is the BEST. It is also the MOST reliable and you can even get your domain name, like [email protected], but it's actually Gmail, and not GoDaddy's shit webmail. Using POP3, you can configure any devices with push mail feature.

I don't think you pester GoDaddy, if you did, they'll know what's the problem and resolve it for you. They're not stupid people there, but I just don't like GoDaddy, because it has hidden charges for various features, that's all.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't think you pester GoDaddy, if you did, they'll know what's the problem and resolve it for you. They're not stupid people there, but I just don't like GoDaddy, because it has hidden charges for various features, that's all.

Got lah. I sent 3 tickets to them and they replied with a whole load of shit which I supposed they cut and pasted from their database/FAQs. The folks in SBF made it alot simpler and faster.

It is the first time I knew Gmail had this function. Great! :biggrin:

Thanks boss :wink: