• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard Pakatan coordinated campaigns were lacking in Johor which is vital for Pakatan taking putrajaya. Only DAP pushing very hard. If things not improving for Pakatan on the reamaining days, Pakatan could be in for a disappointing outcome in Johor at least.

There is a great amount of in-fighting within the opposition ranks too. If any party wants to win, that would need to be managed. I think the parliamentary rules in Malaysia allows an elected Member of Parliament to defect their party and still retain the seat. Will stand corrected if someone could clarify.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at the traffic at the links during rush hour and you figure how many are working in Singapore. The idea of setting up industries in johor due to high cost in Singapore is not new. How to get local labour and talents will be a challange. If salaries are too low they will head to Singapore.

I see more and more SPR heading back to jb or at least buying properties. So there is already a clear trend jb is becomimg a housing estate for those working in Singapore. Industries that support or services the estate will now have a place, perphaps good daycare, primary and seconday private school will make good business.

It is definitely not going to be a mass migration of industries. Most likely, we will see warehousing facilities going up north to JB and the low-value industries like printing, furniture manufacturing, recycling going there - if there are still such businesses surviving in Singapore.

Correspondingly, I feel that Senai Airport needs to make its mark as an aviation hub before more happens.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is definitely not going to be a mass migration of industries. Most likely, we will see warehousing facilities going up north to JB and the low-value industries like printing, furniture manufacturing, recycling going there - if there are still such businesses surviving in Singapore.

Correspondingly, I feel that Senai Airport needs to make its mark as an aviation hub before more happens.

I heard if bn don t win all deals are off in iskandar. They have this clause when they sign the MOM.
That's why they are sending an umno heavy weight to gelang patah.
Much is at stake. Another CLOB in the making?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard if bn don t win all deals are off in iskandar. They have this clause when they sign the MOM.

BN will win in Johor lah, but I have some serious doubts abt whether they will win the overall elections, if 2008 is anything to go by...... Election day 5/5 sounds like 50:50 to me, haha

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Valdez

You sound really nervous. Vested heavily in Iskandar?
What is your doomsday senario, just curious?

All Singaporeans who owns houses in Iskandar cannot sell?
Singaporeans are not allowed to buy any more properties or invest in Malaysia anymore?
No repatriation of capital if we sell?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
BN will win in Johor lah, but I have some serious doubts abt whether they will win the overall elections, if 2008 is anything to go by...... Election day 5/5 sounds like 50:50 to me, haha

BN will definitely not be able to wrest back the control of 2/3 majority but should be able to maintain a majority by the skin of their teeth.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

From all whom I talked to really really want to kick BN out. They don t like anwar, or pas either but they just want to end the 50 year rule of BN. Looks like BN may get thrashed and another Arab spring in the making. I foresee if BN loses badly another may 13 scenario likely to occur. Like what happened in Indonesia when Suharto fell.all hell broke lose. Scary scenario. Will take many years before the dust settle and confidence returns. Singapore may not get away scot free. As usual some blame will fall on the PAP and the fanatics up there will try to destabilize our country too.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
From all whom I talked to really really want to kick BN out. They don t like anwar, or pas either but they just want to end the 50 year rule of BN. Looks like BN may get thrashed and another Arab spring in the making. I foresee if BN loses badly another may 13 scenario likely to occur. Like what happened in Indonesia when Suharto fell.all hell broke lose. Scary scenario. Will take many years before the dust settle and confidence returns. Singapore may not get away scot free. As usual some blame will fall on the PAP and the fanatics up there will try to destabilize our country too.

Wow, you are really frightening me. They were 'chopping heads' in Indonesia when Suharto fell if my memory serves me right. That bad?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Valdez

You sound really nervous. Vested heavily in Iskandar?
What is your doomsday senario, just curious?

All Singaporeans who owns houses in Iskandar cannot sell?
Singaporeans are not allowed to buy any more properties or invest in Malaysia anymore?
No repatriation of capital if we sell?

Think CLOB. All properties owned by foreigners will be taken back. They will try to auction it off to the locals and the proceeds ( not much left) will be ploughed back into a special fund where they will tell you they will invest for you. In the meantime you still got to top up the difference or you will not be allowed entry to Malaysia again. Just my imagination running wild cos I am heavily vested in iskandar.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow you do sound very nervous. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

BN will 99% going down because all my young Malaysia relatives and friends are vote against BN. No one know what's the future hold. Just take it as it come. Just look at Penang, it turn out pretty well.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese girls ( who were viewed as rich and therefore problems to Indonesia poor ) were gang-raped repeatedly and had metal rods stuffed into their vaginas till they died.

Bro investor5

Thanks for your graphic descriptions. I rather not have those images in my mind.
But coming back to Malaysia, the level of poverty is not on par with Indonesia and you would agree that the atrocities committed stemmed more from problems related to that.

Further more, I like to see Malaysia to have a higher level of civic consciousness than Indonesia.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow you do sound very nervous. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

BN will 99% going down because all my young Malaysia relatives and friends are vote against BN. No one know what's the future hold. Just take it as it come. Just look at Penang, it turn out pretty well.

Best approach to take since it is out of our hands. Agree that Penang is well-run. Always enjoy going back there and the water-front apartments are first class.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese girls ( who were viewed as rich and therefore problems to Indonesia poor ) were gang-raped repeatedly and had metal rods stuffed into their vaginas till they died.

It may well happened. Remember there are hundred of thousands of illegal Indonesians in Malaysia, thousands of Muslim pinoys in Sabah ,thai muslim rebels in northern malaya just waiting to create trouble in the chaos when the BN really lose power. The BN will not do anything. After all they were voted out so why they care. Malaysians will pay a very heavy price just like the Libyans, Syrians, Egyptians, Tunisians when they voted out their dictators.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best approach to take since it is out of our hands. Agree that Penang is well-run. Always enjoy going back there and the water-front apartments are first class.

That is because there is still a strong federal govt which is BN . If no strong and stable federal govt nobody will invest in Penang.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think CLOB. All properties owned by foreigners will be taken back. They will try to auction it off to the locals and the proceeds ( not much left) will be ploughed back into a special fund where they will tell you they will invest for you. In the meantime you still got to top up the difference or you will not be allowed entry to Malaysia again. Just my imagination running wild cos I am heavily vested in iskandar.

Well, I lost all my money in CLOB shares before they could even lock them up so the pain could be less felt as compared to you, Bro Valdez.
But that said, CLOB was probably a proxy that was not properly structured which in turn led to legitimacy issues. Also, the currency controls in place to manage the RM during the Asia financial debacle did not help.

Just as you, I have investments in Iskandar and would like to believe that the varied investor pool would reduce the probability of such a scenario happeinging again.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may well happened. Remember there are hundred of thousands of illegal Indonesians in Malaysia, thousands of Muslim pinoys in Sabah ,thai muslim rebels in northern malaya just waiting to create trouble in the chaos when the BN really lose power. The BN will not do anything. After all they were voted out so why they care. Malaysians will pay a very heavy price just like the Libyans, Syrians, Egyptians, Tunisians when they voted out their dictators.

I feel singapore will not be safe as many Malaysians and Indonesians hate singapore and in the ensuing chaos the JI sleepers in singapore will create trouble. Just look at the Boston marathon bombing. How much damage a small bomb with lots of ball bearings will cause.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

If BN is overthrown, it is the wish of most Malaysians of all races. Vested interests may try to create troubles to wrest back control of the country via unconstitutional means but they are up against the rakyat and will face tremendous international pressure, making it very hard for them to run the country. IMHO, only very extreme elements and fanatics will harbour such thoughts. Fortunately, this type of people will not find currency and great support in Malaysia and do not have the means to do so. In short, chaos such as those in some colour revolution countries while possible but very unlikely; Malaysia does not have the requisite fault lines. Having said that, I think it is still prudent to observe the situation and stay in safe places for a short period of time after voting day just in case.

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel singapore will not be safe as many Malaysians and Indonesians hate singapore and in the ensuing chaos the JI sleepers in singapore will create trouble. Just look at the Boston marathon bombing. How much damage a small bomb with lots of ball bearings will cause.

Dude I don't think you can compare US and Singapore. Singapore didn't invade someone else backyard and grab their assets. Boston incident its a home grown thing like London and Madrid.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude I don't think you can compare US and Singapore. Singapore didn't invade someone else backyard and grab their assets. Boston incident its a home grown thing like London and Madrid.

No I am not comparing spore and us. Just to amplify how much damage a small bomb packed with ball bearings can caused. Hallmark of Muslim fanatics if they take advantage of the unstable political situation in Malaysia to try to destabilize the whole region.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I am not comparing spore and us. Just to amplify how much damage a small bomb packed with ball bearings can caused. Hallmark of Muslim fanatics if they take advantage of the unstable political situation in Malaysia to try to destabilize the whole region.

Let's keep religion out of this, shall we? Not so nice as we should respect our neighbours and Singaporeans in our midst.

But I understand what you are driving at. At the end of the day, we are at the mercy of human beings who want to resort to violence and use it as a means to further their political agenda. As mentioned in the earlier posts, I have to say that such elements are a very small minority within Malaysia.