• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
BN will definitely not be able to wrest back the control of 2/3 majority but should be able to maintain a majority by the skin of their teeth.

See all those photos or also in youtube under media rakyat, including those in various part of Johor...a very tough fight and serious challenge by opposition ..notice that those in the ceramah are mostly Malays while majority of the Chinese have already made up their mind

https://www.facebook.com/mediarakya...3841509.-2207520000.1366095493&type=3&theater

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
It won't happen in Malaysia. Besides the different in level of poverty etc, time and circumstances have also changed. This time round, the opposition has a fair share of votes / support acrosss races. And there have been many instances where the Malay actually help Chinese to fend off police brutality during the bersih event.

So, a change of guard is very possible. If indeed there is a change, Iskandar would be affected to some extent. The negatives would certainly be on Danga Bay, esepcially those linked to PM. UEM's nusajaya side is safer as it is under Khazanah which in turn actually benefit the new ruling govt to at least maintain if not accelerate it.

Bro investor5

Thanks for your graphic descriptions. I rather not have those images in my mind.
But coming back to Malaysia, the level of poverty is not on par with Indonesia and you would agree that the atrocities committed stemmed more from problems related to that.

Further more, I like to see Malaysia to have a higher level of civic consciousness than Indonesia.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
It won't happen in Malaysia. Besides the different in level of poverty etc, time and circumstances have also changed. This time round, the opposition has a fair share of votes / support acrosss races. And there have been many instances where the Malay actually help Chinese to fend off police brutality during the bersih event.

So, a change of guard is very possible. If indeed there is a change, Iskandar would be affected to some extent. The negatives would certainly be on Danga Bay, esepcially those linked to PM. UEM's nusajaya side is safer as it is under Khazanah which in turn actually benefit the new ruling govt to at least maintain if not accelerate it.

correct me if I am wrong but I thot UEM is very closely aligned with BN ?

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEM is a GLC wholly owned by Khazanah, which is the govt investment arm, like GIC / Temasek. Unlike Danga which is majority owned by person linked to PM / Royal family.

correct me if I am wrong but I thot UEM is very closely aligned with BN ?

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel singapore will not be safe as many Malaysians and Indonesians hate singapore and in the ensuing chaos the JI sleepers in singapore will create trouble. Just look at the Boston marathon bombing. How much damage a small bomb with lots of ball bearings will cause.

Wasn't the LHL trip 2 weeks back to US was for? The press release affirming the US interests in this part of the world and how Singapore is so keen for Uncle Sam to be hanging around?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysia's political environment is actually more mature than Singapore. I think it is foreseeable for the opposition to take over the governing of the country since some of them are already possessing cabinet responsibilities or have done so.

Can you see the same for Singapore?

That's why, it is important for a democracy to evolve with time which we still need to learn on this island.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't the LHL trip 2 weeks back to US was for? The press release affirming the US interests in this part of the world and how Singapore is so keen for Uncle Sam to be hanging around?

One senior Singapore leader explained that Singapore being small is very vulnerable despite having some of the best equipped armed forces. Singapore's design for its security is to have US and its allies strongly by its side, hoping to create a more stable and long term security structure and arrangement in the region with balancing powers such as India and China. In this arrangement, Singapore and US allies have control one of the most important choke points in the global supply chain, straits of malacca, while India is trying to have Indian ocean largely under its control spheres. For China, South China sea is the only safer opening to the oceans as the US and it's allies already have strong bases in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, phillippines, encircling and able to block sea access for China..these bases are well equipped with the world best fighting machines and systems, high end radars and anti sub PC and sonar. Such balance of presence of powers in region or nearby presumably discourages any one from being too ambitious or aggressive and cause troubles. My 2 cents gathered from geopolitical articles.

Last edited:

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian citizens are mature enough to know which political sides we will be voting, there will be not blood shed occurs Im very sure.We are a democratic country and we do not want chaos, is just that we want transparency and a government that can propel us from mediocrity to become a developed country like Singapore.This time most of the voters will be the first time voters and we all know what is good for us in the future and we will choose wisely.Only those who from the 80's are the one who is more fanatical of which party they belongs to and for us the younger generation we just want a prosperous and fair governance.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian citizens are mature enough to know which political sides we will be voting, there will be not blood shed occurs Im very sure.We are a democratic country and we do not want chaos, is just that we want transparency and a government that can propel us from mediocrity to become a developed country like Singapore.This time most of the voters will be the first time voters and we all know what is good for us in the future and we will choose wisely.Only those who from the 80's are the one who is more fanatical of which party they belongs to and for us the younger generation we just want a prosperous and fair governance.

Well said. That's why I feel that either way the elections results go, it is a win-win for Malaysia.
The opposition is pushing for a cleaner government.
And the incumbent just have to do better!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. That's why I feel that either way the elections results go, it is a win-win for Malaysia.
The opposition is pushing for a cleaner government.
And the incumbent just have to do better!

Actually that should be the way, change of govt still got civil service mah, change of govt shouldn't mean losing the country reserves or asset price will collapse, only in SG people fear to vote opposition for those reasons.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think CLOB. All properties owned by foreigners will be taken back. They will try to auction it off to the locals and the proceeds ( not much left) will be ploughed back into a special fund where they will tell you they will invest for you. In the meantime you still got to top up the difference or you will not be allowed entry to Malaysia again. Just my imagination running wild cos I am heavily vested in iskandar.

No worries, IMHO I am not familiar with Clob but I think there is an essential difference. For Clob, they have no benefit becos the shares are trading outside their exchange but for Iskandar, they've lots of benefits from land sale to construction to new business set up to creation of new jobs etc. So only if a fanatic takeover then they'll disregard all benefits and halt the Iskandar project. Anyway, if that ever happens, the biggest loser will be Msians themselves as the property market crash effect will not just be limited to Iskandar and who are the biggest buyers of properties in Msia?

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Garden is promoting their new condo in Tesco. However prices and information are not available yet. One need to pay Rm2K to be member in ordered to be invited for purchase. And he will have the opportunity to buy whatever left over after China buyers have made the purchase in June 2013.

WTF. Do we need to be so desperate to buy another condo in Danga bay? faint...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country Garden is promoting their new condo in Tesco. However prices and information are not available yet. One need to pay Rm2K to be member in ordered to be invited for purchase. And he will have the opportunity to buy whatever left over after China buyers have made the purchase in June 2013.

WTF. Do we need to be so desperate to buy another condo in Danga bay? faint...

Bcoz e Chinese r going to push up e prices. FEO used e same successful techniques for their launches in Singapore until the cooling measures scaled back the Chinese investors.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.. That is why we see 99 year lease hold houses with 100% ECP closeup view are sold at $2000-3000 psf to mainland chinese..

I don't know but feel sad...

Bcoz e Chinese r going to push up e prices. FEO used e same successful techniques for their launches in Singapore until the cooling measures scaled back the Chinese investors.