• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

“80% job interviews ghosted me, 20% rejected me” — Jobless Singaporean shares his job seeking challenges in SG

meaninglesslife

Stupidman
Loyal

“80% job interviews ghosted me, 20% rejected me” — Jobless Singaporean shares his job seeking challenges in SG​

Story by Yoko Nicole
• 1d
“80% job interviews ghosted me, 20% rejected me” — Jobless Singaporean shares his job seeking challenges in SG

“80% job interviews ghosted me, 20% rejected me” — Jobless Singaporean shares his job seeking challenges in SG© Provided by The Independent SG

SINGAPORE: A jobless Singaporean took to an online forum on Tuesday (May 7) to share his challenges in finding employment over the past three months.

“I have been actively searching for job interviews; I went for every job interview—around 12+ interviews,” he wrote. “The end result is that 80% of the interviews ghosted me, and 20% at least had the courtesy to reply back and say I was rejected.”

He also mentioned that applying through recruitment agencies was much worse, adding, “I feel like vomiting blood whenever I apply for a job from them.”

He explained that these agencies often suggested different roles when he applied for a particular position.

Furthermore, around 75% of these agencies did not follow up after submitting his resume, leaving him feeling ignored and disheartened.

He also tried applying for weekend or part-time jobs, but unfortunately, they went silent.

“I would say that I prepare every job interview seriously and not just go for the sake of it or being unprepared, but this is one of the worst periods for me, and finding a job is so hard,” he lamented.

“I just wonder if the job market is really so bad right now or whether I am just plain unlucky.”

“Just hang in there and don’t give up”

Many Redditors chimed in with words of support for the jobless Singaporean after he shared his experiences on the online forum. Some even shared stories of their own job-hunting journeys, highlighting the ups and downs they faced along the way.

One Redditor said: “Hugs!! Just hang in there and don’t give up. Last time I took 6 months + to find a job, and it wasn’t even during a recession, I think (was in 2015 period heh). Don’t give up.

Better to find a place that’s a good fit than to end up in a place that’s so bad that you wish you were not employed in.”

Another commented, “All the best, OP! Don’t give up. I have a friend who applied for over 200 jobs and only got 4 interviews back. It took me more than 6 months to find a new job previously as well.”

Some also proposed a strategy to protect his mental well-being: to “forget about the company” a week after completing his interview.

They explained that adopting this mindset helped them stay grounded and move forward more smoothly during their job searches.

In addition, some advised him to gather information during the interview regarding when he can expect to hear back from them.

If the company mentions a timeframe, such as receiving results in two weeks, they suggest following up on the specified date.

According to them, this proactive approach keeps him informed and demonstrates his interest in and enthusiasm for the job.

Meanwhile, others provided practical tips and advice, such as networking strategies or resume-building tips, to help him in his job search.

One Redditor wrote, “Hi OP, I’m not sure if this applies to you, but there was once I made a very big mistake in my resume, which was to put irrelevant work experiences that diluted my resume.

If that’s the case for you, do try to revisit your resume as well, because once I took those things out, I started getting way more callbacks! And ensure that you use relevant keywords and change your resume according to the role you’re applying for.

Try getting referrals from companies as well, and DM the hiring managers and HRs via LinkedIn! You got this!”

Read also: Employer shocked at Singaporean jobseeker for not able to speak Mandarin; starts insulting the candidate

Featured image by Depositphotos

The post “80% job interviews ghosted me, 20% rejected me” — Jobless Singaporean shares his job seeking challenges in SG appeared first on The Independent Singapore News - Latest Breaking News

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets face it. Employers do not want sinkie male youth in their employment due to NS culpability. It is disruptive. For male youths, best look for GLC jobs. Otherwise difficult.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recruitment HR is like that, their bosses gauge them base on how low they can pay you.

During interviews, they will keep ask you whether you have certain skillsets or aspects of the field, ask and ask until you said u don't know something, then they think they can low-ball you.

For example, if you are applying programmer job, they will still ask if you are familiar with networking, web security, data analytics, etc

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets face it. Employers do not want sinkie male youth in their employment due to NS culpability. It is disruptive. For male youths, best look for GLC jobs. Otherwise difficult.
My friend's classmates graduated from uni and most of them got job offer. What bullshit are you talking about? Just one article and you lump the whole population of local youth together.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is heading towards a dead end for employment….
What is the points of upskilling and extending the retirement age where there no jobs (PMET) available?
The trend is going towards Blue Collar or GIGS jobs for Singaporean where middle and high level jobs go to FT….
For the youngest looking for job, minimum degree but on a avg of $3000 salary where the older adults especially those over 50 can only be dish collectors or drive PHV…

Singapore employment in the future is doom for Singaporean…

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is heading towards a dead end for employment….
What is the points of upskilling and extending the retirement age where there no jobs (PMET) available?
The trend is going towards Blue Collar or GIGS jobs for Singaporean where middle and high level jobs go to FT….
For the youngest looking for job, minimum degree but on a avg of $3000 salary where the older adults especially those over 50 can only be dish collectors or drive PHV…

Singapore employment in the future is doom for Singaporean…
A person who is able to earn a living or not, it is up to the person's adaptability and creativity. Just follow the status quo to get a job will bring you no where. I wonder the flaccid generation understand this.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the nationality column, put "India".

You will ignore 80% of the interview appointments, and have time for only 20%.

You will be looking to buy a condo in 5 years' time.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS for Sinkies, jobs for Foreigners. That quote is very much relevant till today.

VanDick

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should put his name in resume and applications something like David Lee Balakrishnan. Race and nationality put Indian. His phone will be ringing non-stop.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should put his name in resume and applications something like David Lee Balakrishnan. Race and nationality put Indian. His phone will be ringing non-stop.
Also, don't khei khiang and put NUS or NTU.

Gujarat University, ranked 3,000+ in QS ranking, will get a job.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad u are not a foreigner or PR ,so no Job for u , cod HR all jiuhu , ceca ,pinoy but many jiuhu, they hired their own kind, who he voted for?

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coolie gene Sinkies still sleeping. PAP arse fucked them with CECAs and yet die die vote for them. Fucking deserve it.