• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a knowledge economy, wages should make up a large portion of the cost. Not raw materials, not rental or other cost. Low value chain jobs should as far as possible be flushed out of the country. That is why Singapore needs a hinterland like Johor to complement it.

Many of our top civil servants and ministers are scholars who did well in their studies during their teens and rising through the ranks because of the papers they hold. I wonder how many of them will be able to come up with innovative ideas to drive Singapore towards knowledge economy. But then again, they don't need to be innovative. All they need is to hire external consultants to come up with solutions. That's all they need to do to earn million dollar salary.

Singaporeans complained govt focused too much on growth and want to slow it down. Govt just doing what the people want. But unfortunately costs of living and inflation has not come down yet.
They may be overdoing it so much so we may end up with stagflation. Die lah

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually MAS' policy is NOT to maintain a strong SGD policy per se. Its policy is to weigh between growth and inflation given the current and foreseeable future. whichever is more important under current and/or future circumstances will determine the SGD policy. its just that currently, inflation outweigh growth concerns and thats why it is maintaining a strong SGD policy now.

Singapore's strategy is to ensure a strong SGD policy. By doing so, it believes that the country will be able to flush out imported inflation and also protect the many investments that have parachuted into the island. The latter is probably the stronger intent as the inflationary pressures here are mostly policy driven, ie. COE prices, unaffordable housing, low salaries.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree they are not the best brains in SG. and i certainly think they dont deserve their million dollar salary. I DESERVE THE MILLON DOLLAR SALARY. Seriously, I honestly think that. BUT, to earn that million dollar salary, i cannot be a nottiboy. I hafta be a good boy. so then begs the question: if i am a good boy, why do hell do i need the million dollar salary?

I rather be a nottiboy. make less money. but stay sextisfied.

In a knowledge economy, wages should make up a large portion of the cost. Not raw materials, not rental or other cost. Low value chain jobs should as far as possible be flushed out of the country. That is why Singapore needs a hinterland like Johor to complement it.

Many of our top civil servants and ministers are scholars who did well in their studies during their teens and rising through the ranks because of the papers they hold. I wonder how many of them will be able to come up with innovative ideas to drive Singapore towards knowledge economy. But then again, they don't need to be innovative. All they need is to hire external consultants to come up with solutions. That's all they need to do to earn million dollar salary.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
From today ST. Quite worrying for iskandar investors should BN falls. Wonder what will be the repercussions on Singaporeans who own freehold residential properties there. Wonder what will happen if they come up with a law forbidding Singaporeans to buy freehold landed properties or only allowing their freehold landed properties to be sold only to Malaysians or bumis. Chiat lat.

image.jpg

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
From today ST. Quite worrying for iskandar investors should BN falls. Wonder what will be the repercussions on Singaporeans who own freehold residential properties there. Wonder what will happen if they come up with a law forbidding Singaporeans to buy freehold landed properties or only allowing their freehold landed properties to be sold only to Malaysians or bumis. Chiat lat.

View attachment 9953

Even if there are regulations, they wont impose it on greenfield areas.

So ultimately, the 2 tier market disparity will get even wider.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 9953

Even if BN lost at both state or fed level, I do not expect 180 degree change. Look at Penang and Klang V all under opposition but the property market is robust as ever. Please note land is under state. Some problem can be slower state consent n other official processing.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 9953

I expect Iskandar under opposition to grow even faster.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where to find cheap unit in Nusajaya now ? Even 22x70 terrace also about 600K ! Cluster 1.2M .

Have, just that foreigners cannot buy. There are plenty of landed around $4xx k RM but they are resale units that need extensive renovation and only locals can buy.

New subsale or those just TOP around $5xx k RM are getting rare. New terrace launches around $6xx k RM are nearly extinct already so don't look at Nusajaya loh.

$6xx k RM terrace launches still have quite a lot elsewhere at south of Johor, but I think by end of next year they should be nearly extinct also.

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree they are not the best brains in SG. and i certainly think they dont deserve their million dollar salary. I DESERVE THE MILLON DOLLAR SALARY. Seriously, I honestly think that. BUT, to earn that million dollar salary, i cannot be a nottiboy. I hafta be a good boy. so then begs the question: if i am a good boy, why do hell do i need the million dollar salary?

I rather be a nottiboy. make less money. but stay sextisfied.

Would really love to make your acquaintance eventhough am still stuck at amatuer level but you are in the top of the premier league ..

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see the problem as more serious. It is not just Singapore manufacturing but pretty a similar ugly picture for manufacturing around the world. Just look up manufacturing data or new factory orders from Europe, China, India and pretty much everywhere for the last 6 months.

Singapore's data has the volatile pharmaceutical sector to fudge things. If one starts looking at the components of the non oil exports, the picture is much less rosy than the aggregated statistic suggest.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

If one looks closely at the rage leveled on Margaret Thatcher, we may come to understand why some Britons are celebrating her death rather than expressing grief.

In a way, the low value chain jobs that are disappearing from our landscape is perhaps no different from what the Sheffield miners were facing in the 70s when Thatcherism held sway during Maggie's reign from 1975 to 1990.

Well, the consultants are tasked with doing the job while the MIW just need to press the buttons!

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

IMHO, I always feel that the upside for Malaysia is greater as compared to our island republic. Let's face it, what can be better when the Opposition and BN are being pushed towards a more Bersih Government.

Racial issues have been slowly disappearing from the political landscape. Today, Malaysian Malays, Chinese and Indians stand side by side at the Bersih 3.0 rally and Save Malaysia Stop Lynas group events. It shows a maturing social fabric that could only come about through greater democracy and civic consciousness.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Singapore.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where to find cheap unit in Nusajaya now ? Even 22x70 terrace also about 600K ! Cluster 1.2M .

Do take a look at Nusa Duta which is a nicely priced and conveniently located development.

Clusters at around 2,600 sqft with land size of around 32X70 are available for RM 800K still!