• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay said that Chinese funeral is 'fucking noisy'. Acceptable?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope. Malay weddings never left trash behind. Chinese funerals n 7th month do. I see ppl throwing hell money into the air like Taiwanese on purpose even though they are not allowed to

As I said, all these minor inconveniences are part and parcel of staying in a HDB heartland..

Like what Kopi Uncle said, we're a densely populated country.. Tolerance is very much needed when we're faced with this kind of crammed living enviroment..

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
please lah, we have gone through all these chinese funerals, malay weddings,hindu prayers,christian wake etc etc and we enjoyed them as kids watching all the colourful and happy people.....why all the irritations now? perhaps the younger ones are completely cut off from our history and our cultural heritage....

i remember the colourful malay wedding with drums and with beautiful "trees" and even some rituals and " horse " dances....and also some chinese temple celebrations with " tang ki " and all the gongs and all the noise....and the stage shows and so on....every race has its colourful celebrations and cultural practices....why are we so intolerant now?

i have never heard of any complaints...just quiet acceptance and joyful celebrations....when everything is over, we all smile and congrat each other.....so what is all this "noise" ?....very disappointing man!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huh i where got say you critize chinese ah? Why you put words into my mouth by claiming i put words into yours?

Oh you have proof? Anyway do you know the difference between constructive critisim and plain insults?

Wahlou! Now u twist and turn. U did mention in one of ur post tat I oso criticise the Chinese. And i did challenge u on tat occasion to show proof mths back. But as usual, u cant. Thats y is say J....go take ur medication. Ur senses are erratic.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wahlou! Now u twist and turn. U did mention in one of ur post tat I oso criticise the Chinese. And i did challenge u on tat occasion to show proof mths back. But as usual, u cant. Thats y is say J....go take ur medication. Ur senses are erratic.

Huh when did i say that? You ah show proof.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and also some chinese temple celebrations with " tang ki " and all the gongs and all the noise....and the stage shows and so on....every race has its colourful celebrations and cultural practices....why are we so intolerant now?

Yup! Still rem kampong days. Very amaze with those "tang ki". Cut their tongues, sat on seats with spikes. Theres one tangki who would chase ppl. Real fun to watch...

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup! Still rem kampong days. Very amaze with those "tang ki". Cut their tongues, sat on seats with spikes. Theres one tangki who would chase ppl. Real fun to watch...

They say if you wear red color clothing..tang ki will chase you...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They say if you wear red color clothing..tang ki will chase you...

Tats wat Ah Chai, my kamp friends, told me too those days.

I oso love to watch those big head dolls, stilt walkers during one of those funerals event. Ah Chai told me if have such events, the deceased family must be rich or quite well to do...

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

But none of them could fly. Isn't it funny? Deities can't fly. :rolleyes:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

yes, it was all fun and we kids thoroughly enjoyed it. nobody complained. nobody made noise. it was one peaceful and memorable past....but now, a little bit, people complain...a little word, people complain. in fact we had many "affectionate" names for our malay friends, our indian friends, our sikh friends, our eurasian friends and so on....everyone was living in peace...

but with the new landscape, the new demographic changes and with the new citizens and new immigrants, this place has transformed drastically into a very sensitive pot.....that's why we have to exercise patience and restraint.....peace be with all:smile:

SoberDog

Alfrescian
Loyal
please lah, we have gone through all these chinese funerals, malay weddings,hindu prayers,christian wake etc etc and we enjoyed them as kids

...why are we so intolerant now?

I don't understand that statement there. Noise will still be noise. Period. PAP should have done something instead of letting our heartlands becoming slums.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But none of them could fly. Isn't it funny? Deities can't fly. :rolleyes:

Bro, if i were to tell u a true tragic story, i am sure u and drifter wouldnt believe. Something tat goes like this juz to cut short story. Teres this boy tat got hit by those unseen things. Went to a bomoh and a tang ki. Both of them narrated the same story of how tat boy got hit? Coincidence? Six sense? U tell me.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, it was all fun and we kids thoroughly enjoyed it. nobody complained. nobody made noise. it was one peaceful and memorable past....but now, a little bit, people complain...a little word, people complain. in fact we had many "affectionate" names for our malay friends, our indian friends, our sikh friends, our eurasian friends and so on....everyone was living in peace...

but with the new landscape, the new demographic changes and with the new citizens and new immigrants, this place has transformed drastically into a very sensitive pot.....that's why we have to exercise patience and restraint.....peace be with all:smile:

Yes, we lived together as one people, regardless of language, race or religion; though once in a while it will flare up, but this just due to some personality clashes and nothing else.

But the people perception had changed, thanks to the 'you know who party", they were promised "Swiss Standard of Living" without the social graces, "assets enhancement" without the moral teachings. So, my 1 million dollar worth of housing, must not have noisy weddings, funerals, block party, celebration of festivals or even housing aged people; for these will degrade the value & disturb my enjoyment, especially in my own home.

That is what had gone wrong....

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this guy has an axe to grind with Chinese over Amy's comment.

Not all Chinese funerals are noisy, those who have Christian rites do not have the Ting Tong Tang symbals and those noisy persucssion at their funerals.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we lived together as one people, regardless of language, race or religion; though once in a while it will flare up, but this just due to some personality clashes and nothing else.

But the people perception had changed, thanks to the 'you know who party", they were promised "Swiss Standard of Living" without the social graces, "assets enhancement" without the moral teachings. So, my 1 million dollar worth of housing, must not have noisy weddings, funerals, block party, celebration of festivals or even housing aged people; for these will degrade the value & disturb my enjoyment, especially in my own home.

That is what had gone wrong....

And the Lions would have been World Cup finalists already!!! MORE GOOD YEARS!!!

Cheers!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont really get wat u r saying.:confused:

Can u plse rearrange ur grammar.

Btw, like i always say to tat moderator troll, no one race is perfect. U mentioned abt Malays racist to their fellow muslim i.e. Indian muslim. How abt Chinese xtians? Can u confidently say they are not racist to their indian xtians?

sorry, my england beri limited. i barely pass my o level.

christians are known to be racist since the dawn of history. KKK burnt black churches not so many decades ago.

but islam are known to be colour blind. but from what i seen at 13-16yo, malays made fun of their fellow muslim who happen to have an indian muslim father while mom a malay. This classmate of mine since sec 1, mostly hang out with me(non christian) and another christian chinese. i often went to his house during the 4 years we were classmate and i know his younger brother and sister plus his parents. NS we served in tekong together for few months and i attended his wedding in 2003. we still in contact but a couple years since we last met as both busy with own family. at his wedding, both of us chinese friend attended and can only see other than the two of us, he only invited another 4 malays classmates who were more friendly to him. this from a school where it normal to have 8-15 malays in a class. btw, even thou he and me were classmates for 4 yrs but our class change every year so by right he would have been classmate to all the malays in the same cohort but he only invited 4!!!. dont u think it a bit pathetic....

it a bit sad that muslim who suppose to be brother to fellow muslim to behave in this way.

as for the current trend of malay mix, i totally disagree with the concept. either u a malay or not a malay, period.
the current malays seem to think having mix blood is the way to go. maybe i need to call my malay ex-classmates to find out why the youngsters of today are so proud to declare they have mixed blood.

everyone like to stereotype other races, me included. but if there some true to the sterotype, then it shouldnt be consider as racist. but then also no need to keep harping the same thing over and over again.

can i give a suggestion abt malay wedding? bring back the drumming procession, in the past, always leading the procession are two blokes carrying a pineapple on a wooden pole while a team of drummers (dunno the name of the instrument) follow behind. While it was loud, at least sound much better than a bunch of out of tune mat rock uncles screaming into the karaoke mike.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese criticise Indian - What News?
Indian criticise Chinese - Again what news?
Malay criticise Chinese - What kind of news?
Malay criticise Indian - Where got news?
Chinese criticise Malay - Plenty of news!
Indian criticise Malay - Jihad news!

I really feel for the Malays!
They are so sensitive & fragile!
Called them babi, they fight!
Called them keow thor, they fight!
I really wonder if maybe we talk to them nicely & intelligibly, will we be mistaken for insulting their intelligence that we slow down & soften the tone & use simple simple simple words when we speak to them?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noise is noise. PAP should ban noisy sinkees. Yes its true m&ds are oversensitive plus they talk shit most of the time.