• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singapore Chinese Muslims

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal

We shouldn't forget our roots, say Singapore Chinese Muslim community who embrace both Chinese culture and Islamic customs​

Embracing Islam does not mean a person becomes a Malay, explained Hui Hui Cultural Association of Singapore president Kartinah Poh.

Formed in 2019, the association aims to promote Chinese cultural traditions and practices among the Chinese Muslims.

On April 10, Poh and the 150 members of the association celebrated Hari Raya, alongside the rest of the Muslim community in Singapore.

They attended Eid prayers at the mosque and visited friends and family.

Poh told Lianhe Zaobao that although they believe in Islam, the Chinese Muslim community celebrates traditional Chinese festivals such as Chinese New Year, Dragon Boat Festival and Mid-Autumn Festival.

"After all, we are Chinese and should not forget our roots," she said, explaining that it is a rather misconception that Muslims in Singapore are all Malays.

Poh is also a religious mentor at the Muslim Converts' Association of Singapore.

"We are both Chinese and Muslims. We learn Chinese culture and Islamic customs."

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/w...ore-chinese-muslim-community-who-embrace-both

Likemeat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? Dragon boat festival? River dragon?:thumbsdown:

Its origins can be traced to southern China, and festivities include boat races and eating rice dumplings. The festival had evolved from the practice of revering the river dragon, to the commemoration of Qu Yuan, a third-century poet and political figure of the state of Chu in ancient China

Mid- Autumn festival?

More than 3,000 years ago during the Zhou dynasty (1025-221BC), ancient Chinese emperors worshipped the harvest moon in autumn. Appreciating the moon became more popular during the Tang dynasty (618-907) when the festival began to be regularly observed.8 Sept 2022

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
In mudslimeisms ... celebrating of other culture festivities is haram...of this cina mudslimes is truly delusional...he just wants his cake and eat it too...hence sprouting such BS

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Kartinah Poh
WEISy4tX8nRhAgYiM0r4nRQ4zR9LACNFM1OkoYovL9iFr0xDjQqaxHoW8uUCrLcjp7jRpO5JwA=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poh told Lianhe Zaobao that although they believe in Islam, the Chinese Muslim community celebrates traditional Chinese festivals such as Chinese New Year, Dragon Boat Festival and Mid-Autumn Festival.

A large part of the fun is gone without pork. :cool:

What is the Shitty Times agenda for publishing this now? A pre-emptive move against any potential fallout over the Gaza stuff? :wink:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
A large part of the fun is gone without pork. :cool:

What is the Shitty Times agenda for publishing this now? A pre-emptive move against any potential fallout over the Gaza stuff? :wink:
I am having fun without pork. It's all in the minds of Chinese that without pork, women gambling and alcohol, there is no life.

Likemeat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am having fun without pork. It's all in the minds of Chinese that without pork, women gambling and alcohol, there is no life.

They love pork and dog meat but wouldnt like to be called babi or anjing. :thumbsdown:I love halal meat. They can call me kambing or lembu. No problem.:tongue:

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
In mudslimeisms ... celebrating of other culture festivities is haram...of this cina mudslimes is truly delusional...he just wants his cake and eat it too...hence sprouting such BS
They love pork and dog meat but wouldnt like to be called babi or anjing. :thumbsdown:I love halal meat. They can call me kambing or lembu. No problem.:tongue:

Ahhhhh, I see.
Then what about Christian Chinese and Buddhist Chinese wanting to know their roots.
One Jew origins and the other Dodi Yindian origin they say.
Both oso berry dangelous leeligions.
lol

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also love pork, beef and in my village by Lake Victoria, Uganda, we also have monkey meat barbeques.
Shiok meh.

Likemeat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahhhhh, I see.
Then what about Christian Chinese and Buddhist Chinese wanting to know their roots.
One Jew origins and the other Dodi Yindian origin they say.
Both oso berry dangelous leeligions.
lol

For muslims, theres no harm to go search for your roots. But do avoid following their ancestors non-islamic beliefs.

Human beings, We created you all from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another. Verily the noblest of you in the sight of Allah is the most God-fearing of you. Surely Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Q49:13)

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
For muslims, theres no harm to go search for your roots. But do avoid following their ancestors non-islamic beliefs.

Human beings, We created you all from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another. Verily the noblest of you in the sight of Allah is the most God-fearing of you. Surely Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Q49:13)
Why do people get attracted to Islam?
But Malay girls get attracted to me like a bee to honey.
lol

Why Muslims are the world’s fastest-growing religious group​

BY MICHAEL LIPKA AND CONRAD HACKETT

PF_17.04.05_projectionsUpdate_change310px.png

In the next half century or so, Christianity’s long reign as the world’s largest religion may come to an end, according to a just-released report that builds on Pew Research Center’s original population growth projections for religious groups. Indeed, Muslims will grow more than twice as fast as the overall world population between 2015 and 2060 and, in the second half of this century, will likely surpass Christians as the world’s largest religious group.
While the world’s population is projected to grow 32% in the coming decades, the number of Muslims is expected to increase by 70% – from 1.8 billion in 2015 to nearly 3 billion in 2060. In 2015, Muslims made up 24.1% of the global population. Forty-five years later, they are expected to make up more than three-in-ten of the world’s people (31.1%).

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Helping infidels is a non-islamic belief. In war, beheading an opponent in battle is another islamic belief non-believers don't practice.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time kena 1 sinkie Chinese guy married Mudd woman, needless to say nobody liked him at all, give out his email address let whole company all department spam him until he buay tahan :biggrin:

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Islam, X-tianity, filthy Jewism are all alien imports from the Muddle East with aims of destroying and dividing the native and cultural religions of Asia, Europe and the New World. They need to stay in the M.E. shit hole where they are spawned.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met a few young chinese muslimas who married malay abangs. They would deny they are chinese and switch from talking in english to malay.

Likemeat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Helping infidels is a non-islamic belief. In war, beheading an opponent in battle is another islamic belief non-believers don't practice.

We are all creation of Allah. Its a sin to kill another human without valid reason . In battle is legal. Beheading those days are common. Only you will use machine gun during Prophet's time.