• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL and LHY army life...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lau .. tiu-kor, ur appetite beri big... if they pay me $100k for every yr, I'm OK with that.. $100k x 15 = $1.5M.. gao leow :geek:
Eh.... hello... every year in reservist camp can break bones, get paralysed and get killed.... danger about.... so $1M is still cheap...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Papsmearer .... bro your are a WH.... protected by God LKY ... but we are small fly vulnerable to attack if not careful steps on shits....

Tell you how I keng nicely to make me look like a Superstar person and officers and enciks never look down on me again... I walked upright and look big to them....

1. Name cards.... before name cards become popular I oredi got them import from Japan...
I give my name cards to officers and enciks and say my uncle or father or friends own these strings of businesses... looking for workers and offic staffs....

Keep this card and if they are looking for jobs contact me or this company...

.... spot on... from then onwards I become their buddy and under their protection, walk tall and like a WH nobody dare to bully me.... simple con job but works nicely... Can go to Sargent's mess or officer mess lim kopi with them somemore... how's that?

This is survival in an evil place in the army that supposedly for nation defence but not for low rank like us.... ownself upgrade to fake WH status .... hahaha...

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi [papsmearer],
I thought you were a scholar, and now you indicated that you are a WH.
Which batch OCS or SMC are you?
Did you ROD as a Major?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back then scholars were auto promoted very fast.
Examples like George Yeo, Teo Chee Hean etc. major at 26/27 were the norm.
later years after the Lee Brothers they slowed down the pace.

Wow ! yup it started with Lee Brothers
then they came up with Ng Brothers .

T
iagong , amongst the Ng
Brothers
, got one sibling who
did not join the uniform service.
But but chosed instead to be a
Grab driver , tio boh ?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first two batches of SAFOS were promoted very rapidly, say at age 19 a 2LT, after 12 months at age 20 a LTA.
When they graduate from university CPT.
Although when Boey Tak Hap (1st batch) was a CPT, he was a Brigade S3.
His DY S3 was 2nd batch, and a LTA. This officer's promotion was delayed.
After I ROD, he became CO of 3 or 4 SIR and was promoted to MAJ.
That would be about 1979, and he would be about age 27.
After that, I did not keep track.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow ! yup it started with Lee Brothers
then they came up with Ng Brothers .

T
iagong , amongst the Ng
Brothers
, got one sibling who
did not join the uniform service.
But but chosed instead to be a
Grab driver , tio boh ?
There were only three Ng brothers.
1. Chief of Air Force who became the Director SID at MINDEF
2. Chief of Air Force who became CDF
3. Chief of Navy who became CEO of CPF

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any game changer idea or leadership quality that he has done to deserve these promotions?

Tiagong , the game changer and or leadership quality came about during the Sentosa Cable Car Incident , 7 people died, on 29 January 1983 for the Lee Brothers :tongue:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hi [papsmearer],
Did you ROD as a Major?
what u said is correct. as for my batch and ROD rank, u really want MP to knock on my door and lim kopi with them?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi [papsmearer],
Did you ROD as a Major?
Eh... tell something about yr army life... are you a WH too?

Did you ROD as a major, or what rank did you finish? LT Col?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Papsmearer ... during our time all exercises and training were based on Mekong river map in Vietnam.... North Vietnam are winning the war after US surrender... and look like they are going down south to Thailand or west to Cambodia...

So instead of waiting in Singapore and downfall of Malaysia first, PAP want to cheong to South Vietnam Mekong river to send us to die there... wtf...

What's your assessment of the situation at that time?

PAP so free... cheong there for fuck?

Why did the US lost to the N Vietnam army?

See... US have the fastest fighter jet F16 but can only know fly straight and drop bombs that's it...

The poor N Viet has only Russia MIG jet fighters.... so they have to keng how to destroy these F16... they fly up against gravity pull G8 force which will explode their lungs and eyes and any organs in between... what to do... try...

And finally get it and make it fly up and flip over to face the F16 backside.... hoot ahh... shot down these bastard white trash....

Shocked the US and cannot lose anymore planes and shamelessly surrender....

Then go back to learn how to do the same and came up with the movie Top Guns.... howlain show off and it become their idea a Superstar heroes....... do you know this story?

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh... tell something about yr army life... are you a WH too?

Did you ROD as a major, or what rank did you finish? LT Col?
I was always on the ball.
Not scholar not WH
4 SMC
ROD rank, not quite CPT because cannot be CPT after 2.5 years, but Acting OC.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
@Papsmearer ... during our time all exercises and training were based on Mekong river map in Vietnam.... North Vietnam are winning the war after US surrender... and look like they are going down south to Thailand or west to Cambodia...

So instead of waiting in Singapore and downfall of Malaysia first, PAP want to cheong to South Vietnam Mekong river to send us to die there... wtf...

What's your assessment of the situation at that time?

PAP so free... cheong there for fuck?

Why did the US lost to the N Vietnam army?

See... US have the fastest fighter jet F16 but can only know fly straight and drop bombs that's it...

The poor N Viet has only Russia MIG jet fighters.... so they have to keng how to destroy these F16... they fly up against gravity pull G8 force which will explode their lungs and eyes and any organs in between... what to do... try...

And finally get it and make it fly up and flip over to face the F16 backside.... hoot ahh... shot down these bastard white trash....

Shocked the US and cannot lose anymore planes and shamelessly surrender....

Then go back to learn how to do the same and came up with the movie Top Guns.... howlain show off and it become their idea a Superstar heroes.......
I think u are confused. F16 never used in Vietnam war because it did not exist at that time. And i never saw a mekong river map in all my time in SAF, so i don't know what u are talking about