• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest Wedding Angbao Rates for 2012/2013

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
COVs? Oh ... some friends will have problems with $200. :wink:

Ok that fine if I do not many local friends to give me $200 ang pows I will still invite them anyway if they are my true friends.

Equally I do have few oversea friends and if they fly into Singapore to attend my wedding dinners they will give at least $1000.

I can afford $20K no problem at all as I already paid $65K COV for my new home. If my local friends cannot afford to give $200 ang pows, also no problem I can treat them :smile:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess you are right. Cut your suit according to your cloth. If your friends are of the irk who think $200.00 ang pow is a lot of money, better do it in a cheap restaurant.

Wedding couples do not expect to break even totally. Usually spend $200 per head (including the liquor and wine) and would usually collect $150 ang pow on average (even with guests who try to make them break even because they did not count the booze).

So you had thought all your so called frds who had been 'frds' with you or seem to be frds with you will be frds when you are about to die and fuck off?

Cos they seems to be 'your kind of frds you termed as cut from the same cloth mah'

Nah, for your kind I'm sure even your own children will distance themselves from you when that time comes for you.

Talking about money had make you such that you could not even realise that the kind of frds you had, were nothing more than the same image of yourself.

A image which hates itself.:biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Distant relatives not as close as friends you know and colleagues you have?

distant relatives are those that are separated by at least some degree, e.g only sharing the same great-great-great-grandparents or something.
there are times where me see these distant relatives less than once a year and out of the blue, these folks invite you to their sons' or daughters' wedding.
no thanks to the minimum number of tables set by these hotels, me feel as thou' me is just a digit filling up the table requirements.

MOOLahMOJO

Alfrescian
Loyal
distant relatives are those that are separated by at least some degree, e.g only sharing the same great-great-great-grandparents or something.
there are times where me see these distant relatives less than once a year and out of the blue, these folks invite you to their sons' or daughters' wedding.
no thanks to the minimum number of tables set by these hotels, me feel as thou' me is just a digit filling up the table requirements.

OMG! You mean you can track your genealogy to "same great-great-great-grandparents"???

What kind of relatives that spends their time tracing until that far to invite them to their wedding? It's possible your great-great-great-grand-cousins could have married each other and the whole family tree is as twisted as the a banyan.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
OMG! You mean you can track your genealogy to "same great-great-great-grandparents"???

example lah, bro. but my family tree can track to my great-grandpa :o:o:o
other types of distant relatives include those cousins from maternal side, etc...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF are you talking about? If your friends cannot afford $200.00 ... well ...
So you had thought all your so called frds who had been 'frds' with you or seem to be frds with you will be frds when you are about to die and fuck off?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
an acquaintance or friend whatever...invited me to his wedding but i really don't want to attend it. since he invited me, hongbao must give. right? will ask another person to give it on my behalf. i'm not attending so hongbao money halved? thinking of not giving hongbao at all but paiseh. what's the usual practice in this case.

MOOLahMOJO

Alfrescian
Loyal
example lah, bro. but my family tree can track to my great-grandpa :o:o:o
other types of distant relatives include those cousins from maternal side, etc...

Oh I see. :smile: If one trace so far back into ancestry, we're all brudders. :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Oh I see. :smile: If one trace so far back into ancestry, we're all brudders. :biggrin:

the last bottleneck in the human population was during the last ice age just over 75 thousand years ago, complementing the fact that we could have mingled with the neantherdal, that's easily over 2000 generations of separation :p:p:p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i only have a simple 3 tables at a chinese restaurant for close relatives only. $888+++ per table, everyone like the piping hot and delicious food with karaoke throw in(private room)

my own brother held his wedding dinner in Tung Lok restaurant at Paramount Hotel, 5 tables in all for close relatives only, SGD$38++ buffet dinner (eat till you drop), karaoke thrown in too :p:p:p

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my own brother held his wedding dinner in Tung Lok restaurant at Paramount Hotel, 5 tables in all for close relatives only, SGD$38++ buffet dinner (eat till you drop), karaoke thrown in too :p:p:p

fantastic leh...............buffett...............price is good.................food also good...................no stress

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

this is great!!!wonderful and most enjoyable!!!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tat is the way to go,,good on yr bro,,,wish him all the best,,and true frens and relatives will be glad to go,,and celebrate the marriage joy,,

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Market rate? No way I'm paying market rate. I decide the rate. Got XO, give more. Just beer, forget it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

They want to invite as many people as possible because they want to look good and boost their ego. As I said for me its the degree of respect. They send me a proper card, i will go and I will give a respectable amount. $100 for distant relatives, $200 for close, $500 for extremely close (extremely close as in you practically bathed together when you were toddlers, male + female in the same tub). SMS invite, sorry, you get $30 bucks and I make sure I eat for 3 people.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I found is that over the last 10 years, couple are extending invitations to people they hardly know. Gives me the impression that the Ang Pau is the intention and not the gracing of an auspicious event.