• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest Wedding Angbao Rates for 2012/2013

Ridgewalkers

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cost of wedding a reason for putting off marriage: study
By Sara Grosse | Posted: 05 January 2013 2227 hrs

display_image.php

SINGAPORE: A recent study on marriage and parenthood found that saving for the wedding is a big reason cited by those in relationships for not having any immediate plans to marry.

But some wedding planners and couples say it does not have to be all that expensive.

Saying "I do" can potentially set couples back by hundreds of thousands.

Wedding planner Angela Tioanda, who handles two weddings a month, said her clients spend an average of S$100,000 for a wedding.

This includes the wedding venue, food, bridal attire and photography, which she said are the must-haves for any wedding.

One of the most expensive weddings she planned cost about S$130,000 for 140 guests.

Ms Tioanda said: "They had lobster for food. I think the food is about S$200 per guest. But mainly, it's because everything was a la carte, where they had the venue, which is like clean -- it's a blank canvas. We had to bring in our own decoration. Even the furniture, like the table and the chairs, and of course, the caterers. So when you do all things a la carte, you can expect the cost to be more expensive than say, a wedding package from a hotel.

"It really depends on what you want for the wedding. To be honest, nothing comes free, a lot of things are expensive especially in Singapore when you are talking about the service industry; the food and beverage and the venue in Singapore, and the rental rates are quite high."

Ms Tioanda said a less expensive wedding is possible, with the cheapest wedding she planned costing a total of S$40,000.

Her tips for couples on a budget include keeping the guest list small and asking friends and family to help out.

Couples whom Channel NewsAsia spoke with and who took about one to two years to plan their wedding, said their budget was between S$10,000 and S$50,000.

"If I'm going to do it in a hotel, I have to limit my guests because it's going to cost a lot. So I do it in a temple, buffet style, so I can invite more guests to come," said a couple whom Channel NewsAsia interviewed.

A low-budget option is to hold a ceremony at the Registry of Marriages. A marriage licence for Singapore citizens costs S$26 and the transportation fee for the Justice of Peace is a donation of between S$100 and S$200.

- CNA/xq

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0LVQHkA92xo?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fren,,u marry is yr problem,,,why must yr guest pay for your happiness? Guests give what they can afford,,,if u want profit,,invite only yr rich relatives who will splurge on u,,if not,,keep it on yr own budget hor

Ya lor, so little you no paiseh meh? Like that how we cover our cost?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if so much factors to consider, don't attend wedding lor.
i seldom attend wedding, sibei troublesome.:biggrin:

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My god-sister got married recently, I wanted to give $10,000 Ang Pow.....

But she forgot to invite me......

Fugitive

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time had changed. In the past $20 is enough and $80 being whole family. Of course those were held under a green tent or void deck.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some advise please..

If invited for chlalet after ROM [cannot attend] must give how much?

No wedding dinner, just BBQ..

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with the cheapest wedding she planned costing a total of S$40,000.
$40,000 is the cheapest?:oIo:
anything less than $40,000, she will ask you to fuck spider.:oIo: she don't plan anything cheaper than $40,000.:oIo:

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A man who cannot even afford $20k for what is supposed to be the night of his life - a woman should think twice about marrying him.

But $20k will not get you very far. Barely 15 tables. If the man doesn't even have 100 friends willing to attend his wedding (leaving 5 tables for the woman) - a woman should again think twice about marrying him.

There is those "hire friends" service. Can hire 100 man in blacks at $6 per hr kow tow and call tai kor, kao sart kee the woman will throw themselves

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some advise please..

If invited for chlalet after ROM [cannot attend] must give how much?

No wedding dinner, just BBQ..

$20-30. we all know BBQ foods are relatively cheap cos most are processed, e.g. chicken wings, hotdogs, burger patties, etc.