• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I was zapped, I am being zapped, who zapped,...............

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
there is something you didn't realise about. NTUC and another has launched term insurance, you pay a monthly tens of dollars to get covered. me see it as a shift from buying life and saving insurance from the traditional insurance firms where you foot thousands of dollars a year. canadians also foot tens of dollars monthly to pay for their insurance against hopitalisation. i think it's cheaper and better this way.

Health insurance is not "FREE" healthcare. It's two different schemes altogether.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's in replacement of high income taxes, didn't you mention that there is no free healthcare and precisely, this term insurance option can be used to offset high cost in healthcare instead of raising taxes.

Health insurance is not "FREE" healthcare. It's two different schemes altogether.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the early days, the Govt has some sound policies and very innovative ones at that. We were admired around the World for it. Our quick change from manufacturing consumer basic goods like textiles and soap to electronics was good one and it led to the boom that outstripped all our neighbours.

Unfortunately the last 15 years has been disastrous in terms of policies. No sane PAP supporter with an appreciation of facts in going to come in here and defend the indefensible. The borderline ones will.

One policy that has gone wrong in recent times in not a PAP one but the SBF one on zapping. Zapping the pro PAP camp and frightening them away deprives us a forum to show by argument and facts how flawed some of their policies are. There is no fodder or topic to go on. Any debate will be one-sided. I say change the zapping policy and let them in for a proper debate. If the PAP's healthcare is really good, let them come in and tell us why. Its the same thing with most topics. Under the current zapping policy, If I can't present a reasonable argument or if I can't defend my ground, I zap.

Imagine Robert Mugabe, a tyrant and despot, second only to Kim guaranteed an enclosed air-conditioned hospital bed in Singapore but an NMP's husband could not get one neither did a long standing PAP member from the early days. Instead one had one under a tent and the other had to wait 8 hrs. What chance is there for a ordinary citizen. What Healthcare you are talking about?

I would prefer it if there were more who defended the government's impeccable record especially against wild and unsubstantiated allegations of PAP incompetence.

Whenever I defend the government, I always back up my argument with cold hard facts.

Take for example the claim that the government does not look after the health of its citizens. That's a load of bollocks. All the data shows otherwise.

Last edited:

AungSanSuShi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't wait for another Anal Doctor candidate from the PAP.
A little bird told me that two of the PAP's potential candidates are from the elite admin service and they currently are understudying Kee Chiu. Two months from now they will be assigned to another experienced MP-Ministar for understudy.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are being managed in a professional way.

A little bird told me that two of the PAP's potential candidates are from the elite admin service and they currently are understudying Kee Chiu. Two months from now they will be assigned to another experienced MP-Ministar for understudy.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
One policy that has gone wrong in recent times in not a PAP one but the SBF one on zapping. Zapping the pro PAP camp and frightening them away deprives us a forum to show by argument and facts how flawed some of their policies are. There is no fodder or topic to go on. Any debate will be one-sided. I say change the zapping policy and let them in for a proper debate. If the PAP's healthcare is really good, let them come in and tell us why. Its the same thing with most topics. Under the current zapping policy, If I can't present a reasonable argument or if I can't defend my ground, I zap.

The Pro PAP camp are well taken care of by me.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not talking about the usual ones that we have here. I am talking about prospective ones that start with general topics completely unrelated to politics. They may have a view that is pro PAP and may even can explain some of the policies better or cover points that others miss. It does not take long to figure out that this is a hostile territory.

Also some people are not into points charity. They are not going to say it. They just leave.

When you can't zap, you have little choice but to offer a view point or try an argue your case better.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
When you can't zap, you have little choice but to offer a view point or try an argue your case better.

Perhaps I can create a probationary period whereby a new nick is immune from zaps for the first 2 weeks.

I'll think things over but I'm not going to do away with the rep system for the simple reason that it enables Singaporeans to display all the obnoxious traits that they do in the course of their miserable daily lives in the real world.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thank you, Sir. I will never forget the love and tenderness you showered on me whilst I was in the pro PAP camp. To repay you, I signed up to become a premium member, so I can praise the PAP sky high without fear of being zapped anonymously ever again.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks anything that gets them tru the door and post, plus browse a bit. No issues with the rep system. It does show who are the ones who contribute, by number of posts etc. Just the indiscriminate zapping.

By the way if I was looking for high brow and what not, I would be someone else. This is where. I find things that you can' trine anywhere else about true Singapore. The heartland plus Nassim Road.

When something in Govt smells, this is one of the place where the truth starts to surface. Certainly not from SPH! Or any other registered, gazetted blogs etc.

Not to mention the freedom of speech.

Perhaps I can create a probationary period whereby a new nick is immune from zaps for the first 2 weeks.

I'll think things over but I'm not going to do away with the rep system for the simple reason that it enables Singaporeans to display all the obnoxious traits that they do in the course of their miserable daily lives in the real world.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
?... I'm not going to do away with the rep system for the simple reason that it enables Singaporeans to display all the obnoxious traits that they do in the course of their miserable daily lives in the real world.

LOL yes indeed....please dont do away with it....its hilarious watching these lame ass singos who think the world revolves around their points.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In the early days, the Govt has some sound policies and very innovative ones at that. We were admired around the World for it. Our quick change from manufacturing consumer basic goods like textiles and soap to electronics was good one and it led to the boom that outstripped all our neighbours.

Unfortunately the last 15 years has been disastrous in terms of policies. No sane PAP supporter with an appreciation of facts in going to come in here and defend the indefensible. The borderline ones will.

Imagine Robert Mugabe, a tyrant and despot, second only to Kim guaranteed an enclosed air-conditioned hospital bed in Singapore but an NMP's husband could not get one neither did a long standing PAP member from the early days. Instead one had one under a tent and the other had to wait 8 hrs. What chance is there for a ordinary citizen. What Healthcare you are talking about?

Scroo, I take the approach that I will put out what i want to say here on the forum. God knows, people disagree with me, and the IB hounds me at times, and i have been zapped. But if my opinion and point of view appeals to even one of the many of hundreds who read these forums (but are not members), and this one person changes his vote at the next GE because of something I said, than I have succeeded. I have come to realize that in many aspects, S'pore is lost as a nation. Imagine how can the majority of the population continue to take screwings every year by the PAP and still vote them in? I have very low opinion of my fellow sinkies and I am at the point of not really bothering to passionately sway them over to the real situation. They are in self denial or they think you are wrong, but that is going to be their problem when they lose their jobs to a FT or something similar. we and a few others are prophets here, and you know what happens to prophets. The best u can do is to prepare to save yourself and your family, ..............knowing what we know.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

something like this?
Narong Wongwan.jpg
Narong Wongwan.jpg

Last edited:

SBFObserver

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depending on how your mindset is towards this Forum, this Forum serves its natural purpose.

1. For those who love to zap, let them be. It is their outlet for outburst.
2. For those who prefers intellectual arguments, let them be. They need to argue intellectually, else their mind will go berserk.
3. For those who like s clowning, again, it is their outlet for entertainment, so be it.

Whatever it is, SBF serves its purpose from politics to entertainment to pure whining...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, good point and excellent approach. I also note that you and a few others don't take shit. You give as good as you get. Thats is why some of these half-wits resort to stalking as they can't string a sentence to put across a view.

My worry is that there are many who have inside information, are able to provide good advice, can tear apart ridiculous policies and make the country a better place but are deterred from this zapping and stalking shit.

Scroo, I take the approach that I will put out what i want to say here on the forum. God knows, people disagree with me, and the IB hounds me at times, and i have been zapped. But if my opinion and point of view appeals to even one of the many of hundreds who read these forums (but are not members), and this one person changes his vote at the next GE because of something I said, than I have succeeded. I have come to realize that in many aspects, S'pore is lost as a nation. Imagine how can the majority of the population continue to take screwings every year by the PAP and still vote them in? I have very low opinion of my fellow sinkies and I am at the point of not really bothering to passionately sway them over to the real situation. They are in self denial or they think you are wrong, but that is going to be their problem when they lose their jobs to a FT or something similar. we and a few others are prophets here, and you know what happens to prophets. The best u can do is to prepare to save yourself and your family, ..............knowing what we know.

jw5

Loyal
The difference between you and papsmear is that his identity is not known and nobody is trying to expose him, because he is genuine.

Whereas the identity behind your internet moniker scroobal, has been exposed as Mark Andrew Yeo Kah Chong.

Mark-Andrew-Yeo-Kah-Chong_final.jpg

LOL .................... LOL

Bro, good point and excellent approach. I also note that you and a few others don't take shit. You give as good as you get. Thats is why some of these half-wits resort to stalking as they can't string a sentence to put across a view.

My worry is that there are many who have inside information, are able to provide good advice, can tear apart ridiculous policies and make the country a better place but are deterred from this zapping and stalking shit.