• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Reddit] - Why Matland malays always like to boycott this and that?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
]bathroomblower 3 points 4 hours ago

Although the majority is malay that is boycotting shops like McDonald's, the ones boycotting are a very small group of malays compared to the rest of us malays and I feel ashamed sometimes when they do this and complain about the economy. we are not like them, please don't assume all malays are like this.

ICZephyr89 3 points 4 hours ago

As a Malay myself, I wholeheartedly agree. Quite a lot of us are trigger-crazy for boycotts. It's annoying as fuck.

BetterThanNone311 27 points 17 hours ago

With the genocide going on in Palestine, the initial stand was to boycott any large corporates that directly channel their funds to Israel. Of course, logically speaking, we can't really boycott ALL corporates (e.g. META, HP, P&G, etc etc) because they are buried root-deep as a need to MOST consumers around the world. BUT it is proven that it does change SOME of these company's stand in contributing to israel for example, Family Mart, UnderArmour, Puma, etc.

And the BDS movement is also happening worldwide. You can read how Starbucks and McD are highly affected by this movement worldwide. If the governments of the world are too afraid to place an economic sanction on Israel - this will be our form of sanctioning Israel's income.

HOWEVER, as a Malay i do admit (and it bothers me too) that some Malays are going quite overboard and being racist about this entire boycott thing. They are a little extreme in some cases which i disagree with.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passive aggression. Mutts are scholars at it. All that smiling conceals a fucking Kris hidden in the tudung

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If stupid sinkies can learn from the Mats and boycott the PAP at the next GE, sinkieland will be a far better place.