• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS ; RIOT & EXPLOSIONS at Little India!!!

Masturbation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there's a ban on the buying/selling of beer...

What happens if someone drives a beer truck into Little India and gives away free beer, like how Milo trucks give away free Milo. :wink::biggrin:

The Ah Nehs will rush for the beer and if run out, they will overturn and burn the Beer Truck! hahahaha :biggrin::rolleyes:

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot

AFP
December 11, 2013, 5:06 pm

5ea773a0ecc6b218385f65196e1a1af33293805d-19ag0hl.jpg

Singapore (AFP) - Singapore police have questioned nearly 4,000 foreign workers in a widening crackdown following the city-state's first riot in more than 40 years, officials confirmed Wednesday.

Three more Indian nationals have been detained and will be charged later Wednesday with rioting, in addition to 24 of their compatriots who were charged in court a day earlier with the same offence, which is punishable by up to seven years in jail and caning.

A police spokeswoman told AFP Wednesday that so far a total of 176 men had been taken to a police complex to have their statements recorded, without providing details of their nationalities.

Four men hauled up on Tuesday were released after investigations showed they did not participate in the riot, while another was released on bail.

The hour-long fracas on Sunday night, triggered when an Indian construction worker was struck and killed by a private bus in the Little India district, left 39 police and civil defence staff injured.

25 vehicles -- including 16 police cars -- were damaged or set aflame by the estimated 400 South Asian migrant workers involved in the rampage.

The 55-year-old Singaporean bus driver who knocked down and killed Indian construction worker Sakthivel Kumaravelu, 33, has been released on bail after being charged with causing death by a negligent act.

Activists have urged authorities to investigate whether the violence on Sunday was an indication of wider discontent among poorly paid migrant workers.

Interior Minister Teo Chee Hean said police had increased their presence in foreign worker dormitories and places where they congregate around the city-state.

"Investigations will continue so that all those who have broken the law will be dealt with strictly, firmly and fairly in accordance with the law," Teo, who is also Deputy Prime Minister, said in a statement late Tuesday.

Singapore's foreign ministry said it was working closely with the Indian High Commissioner (ambassador) "to facilitate consular access and support for their nationals, including legal representation".

The wealthy but tiny Southeast Asian nation of 5.4 million depends heavily on guest workers, with labourers from South Asia dominating sectors like construction.

There are nearly 700,000 foreign workers holding "work-permits", allowing them to work in certain sectors such as construction and shipping for two-year periods, subject to renewal, according to official data.

Sunday's riot was the second incident involving a large group of foreign workers in the past year.

In November 2012 171 Chinese bus drivers stopped work to demand better wages and living conditions -- the first industrial strike in Singapore since 1986.

Five of the drivers served jail terms after it was declared an illegal strike, while 29 others were deported without trial.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
400 rioters, how many arrested??????
very efficient
You look at those youtube videos....there are easily more than 100 jokers participating in the overturning and burning of police cars and ambulance. Say SPF only managed to catch 30. There are still more than 70 lurking around.

Will they plan REVENGE attacks at Little India or elsewhere? You never know.

But if they do, you can expect that these Ah Nehs will come prepared this time with whatever weapons of a higher destruction capability.

SPF better be prepared. I am not sure SPF's intelligence is that good given the language barrier of even sending a few moles into the midst of these troublemakers ah nehs.

These are equivalent to the Tamil Tigers in South India. You think they are educated enough to think straight? I doubt.

SPF...Please be alert! Riot Squad...Don't be caught unprepared again. Better armed your guys properly. If need to fire, just fire.

prs400.jpg

AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE, TAKE THE LEAST CONGESTED ROUTE TO THE RIOT SITE! PLEASE DUN PUT YOUR FRONTLINER POLICEMEN AND WOMEN IN JEOPARDY BY COCKING UP YOUR DEPLOYMENT!

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No more news...all is quiet at Ground Zero.
Residents I speak to say all is normal.
The whole place actually quite quiet since the riot.

I think the fear amongst the residents and shop biz is that whether it will happen again. :*:
You and I know PAP govt pays lip service to people's concerns living and having business there.

The possibility of a "revenge" attack is there this weekend or the next few weekends. These Tamils from the South may have that kind of mindset. You never know. If so, SPF better be prepared this time round. It wouldn't be throwing rocks or dustbins or stones. It will be the deadly petrol bombs. :eek:

If the SPF is prepared with at least 3 vans of men from the Special Ops, then the foreign workers and their friends and rivals may be similarly prepared.

I would love to see the outcome vis-a-vis how the SPF will confront them.

SaBoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
400 rioters, how many arrested??????
very efficient

The fact and truth is, they are indistinguishable and if you put them inside a dark room with minimum moonlight seeping in through the window shutters, you would mistaken them as your shadows.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Excellent point. I'd have upped your points had I been able to.

If I was at the frontline, I would inform police central command that I just spotted Chee Soon Juan and his sister carrying placards and selling books at the side of the road.

The riot squad would have showed up within 5 minutes. :p

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to agree with you Yinge (though I am no supporter of PAP)!
The fucking frontline policemen and women lives were put in DANGER by a fucking complacent RIOT SQUAD!

If I am the frontliner policeman, I can tell you all the cheebye lanjiao swear words will be aimed at the CHEEBYE RIOT squad commander who took the most congested route to deploy that nite and put everyone's life in danger!

Singapore is small, and the potential areas where the foreign workers meet and socialize during the weekends are less than half a dozen.
Accordingly, a reasonable individual would assume that the SPF and the Special Ops (red vans) would have done their on the ground familiarization and recce during a weekend, to determine where are the possible form up areas to deploy a fast response troop, say at 2 to 3 locations to control the situation. Do they not have non scholar police officers with ground experience?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Singapore is small, and the potential areas where the foreign workers meet and socialize during the weekends are less than half a dozen.
Accordingly, a reasonable individual would assume that the SPF and the Special Ops (red vans) would have done their on the ground familiarization and recce during a weekend, to determine where are the possible form up areas to deploy a fast response troop, say at 2 to 3 locations to control the situation. Do they not have non scholar police officers with ground experience?
Obviously Not given Sunday's Riot :biggrin:
SOC commanders have a lot to answer .... :cool:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
TIMELINE OF EVENTS

Sunday, Dec 8, 2013

9.23pm: Police informed of serious road traffic accident.

9.25pm: SCDF informed of accident.

9.31pm: 1st ambulance arrived.

9.37pm: 1st police fast response car (FRC) arrived. Crowd size 100.

9.38pm: 1st fire engine arrived.

9.41pm: Police reinforcements started to arrive.

9.45pm: Crowd size swelled to 400 and was unruly. Special Operations Command (SOC) activated.

9.56pm: SCDF resource extricated deceased, construction worker Sakthivel Kumaravelu, 33, from under the rear left wheel of the bus. Mob pelted uniformed personnel and emergency vehicles with items including beer bottles, concrete blocks and drain covers. Police shielded SCDF resource from attacks so that they could continue extricating the deceased.

10.06pm: Commander of Tanglin Police Division arrived at scene to command police resources and manage the incident.

10.11pm: Police shielded bus driver & assistant to the ambulance. Mob was aggressive and hindered rescue operations.

10.30pm: 1st SOC troop arrived at Hampshire Road. Because of congestion, they proceeded on foot to incident location at junction of Hampshire Road & Race Course Road.

10.37pm: Police activated 53 patrol cars from police units islandwide to deal with the incident.

10.40pm: 2nd SOC troop arrived.

10.44pm: SOC officers formed up to disperse the mob. Police proceeded to effect arrests.

11.30pm: Incident brought under control.

11.45pm: Mob dispersed. Police commenced high visibility patrol in the vicinity to prevent rioters from regrouping.

Monday, Dec 9, 2013

12.01am: On scene investigation commenced.

12.05am: Commissioner of Police at scene.

12.39am: DPM, Second Minister, and Deputy Commissioner of Police at scene.

5.08am: On scene investigation completed. NEA began clean-up of area.

6.45am: Race Course Road passable to traffic.

=======================

9.45pm ACTIVATED.
10.44pm THEN ALL ARRIVE & FORM UP!

What the Fuck! 1 HOUR !!! Your frontliner Policemen and Women Si liao liao!
:*::*:

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is small, and the potential areas where the foreign workers meet and socialize during the weekends are less than half a dozen. Accordingly, a reasonable individual would assume that the SPF and the Special Ops (red vans) would have done their on the ground familiarization and recce during a weekend, to determine where are the possible form up areas to deploy a fast response troop, say at 2 to 3 locations to control the situation. Do they not have non scholar police officers with ground experience?

one fup should be at the mrt closest to the affected area to prevent those from escaping and creating mayhem in the station and trains...btw, did they have anti-riot drills during your time where we donned kilat number 4 minus the formation signs, collar dots etc with drill boots with one chap designated as a reporter?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Little India Riot: Malaysia on alert at entry points for fugitives

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - 17:09AsiaOneSINGAPORE - Malaysian authorities are monitoring its entry points to make sure those wanted in connection with the riots in Singapore last Sunday do not escape to Malaysia.In a Bernama report today, Deputy Home Minister Datuk Dr Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar said: "We have also reached an accord with Singapore and Indonesia to give early warning and information, to be alert and detect escaping criminals."According to the report, he has not received information on whether anyone involved in the riot has managed to slip into Malaysia.On Sunday, rioting broke out in the Little India area in Singapore after a fatal accident involving scaffolding-company worker Sakthivel Kumaravelu, 33.Police have interviewed thousands of workers in over two days after the riot, with 27 charged in court as of Wednesday afternoon.In the Bernama report, on the topic of a Malaysian included in those charged, the minister said: "If our citizens commit an offence (in Singapore), it is up to their authorities to act. Likewise, we will take action against Singaporeans here if they commit traffic offences or are criminals."In a Facebook post yesterday, the Singapore Police Force (SPF) said: "As of 10 Dec 2013 at 3:20am, further investigations revealed that two more male subjects, one Indian National and one Singaporean PR, were not involved in the riot at Little India on 8 December 2013."

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
It can be argued a thousand times between pro-pap and opposition supporters, let's not forget there are many here who remained neutral and voicing opinions without fear or favour.

Like the recent riot and the aftemath, not many are looking at the elephant in the room. In fact there is a herd of them that both sides are not looking at.

Most are looking at the obvious and like doctors, examine and look for answers at what is apparently a disease. Unlike good doctors who besides treating the disease also look deeper and try to discover the root cause and cure it.

Like the rioters, at least 40& of Singaporeans are very unhappy with the government and will vent their anger on whatever is available at hand. This is a sympton of the disease but not the root cause.

Let me give an example of the root cause of why the riot happened. Allowing hundreds of thousands of foreigners into the country is the root cause. Why? For one, migrant workers are mostly lowly educated, and such people think not with their brains but with their heart. The government can say they will use the full force of the country's laws on the rioters. You know what? They are after all migrant workers, and new ones will take their place and by then all that happened in the past are either forgotten or the new ones have no knowledge of it.

So what is the ruling party doing about the growing cancer that is causing the rift between then and the citizens? Will they continue treating the symptons which I believe they are doing or will they treat the root cause?

I see a herd of elephants, do you?

The riot is an example of what can happened when there is great social inequality and minimal mobility between social classes. If society is divided into the haves and the have-nots without a large middle class, the result will be instability. The problem is that when you have a bunch of elites running the country for decades, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain the size of the middle class as it requires sacrifice on their part and goes against their interests. The problem is exacerbated when access to and quality of services like education, healthcare and transport are highly dependent on your wealth.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It can be argued a thousand times between pro-pap and opposition supporters, let's not forget there are many here who remained neutral and voicing opinions without fear or favour.

Like the recent riot and the aftemath, not many are looking at the elephant in the room. In fact there is a herd of them that both sides are not looking at.

Most are looking at the obvious and like doctors, examine and look for answers at what is apparently a disease. Unlike good doctors who besides treating the disease also look deeper and try to discover the root cause and cure it.

Like the rioters, at least 40& of Singaporeans are very unhappy with the government and will vent their anger on whatever is available at hand. This is a sympton of the disease but not the root cause.

Let me give an example of the root cause of why the riot happened. Allowing hundreds of thousands of foreigners into the country is the root cause. Why? For one, migrant workers are mostly lowly educated, and such people think not with their brains but with their heart. The government can say they will use the full force of the country's laws on the rioters. You know what? They are after all migrant workers, and new ones will take their place and by then all that happened in the past are either forgotten or the new ones have no knowledge of it.

So what is the ruling party doing about the growing cancer that is causing the rift between then and the citizens? Will they continue treating the symptons which I believe they are doing or will they treat the root cause?

I see a herd of elephants, do you?

Only thing to do is be nice and educate the herd of elephants. We are dependent on the foreign labour, now imagine if the companies are willing to raise the salary of the menial jobs what would that do ? just my two cents worth.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
what i think those idiots in the SPF have failed to understand is this...

what if the Mamas decided NOT to head towards little india this weekend and instead be near there pwabye pmet and atas mama brethren at the east coast park instead? are there enough cameras there?? or theres nothing to burn or overturnb at the beach???

or even better, what if the tiongs at GL decide to start their own shit at the same time? or the damm pinoys in tampines wanna stir up some trouble....

its a big headache when you run a 6.9 mil country and not even 69000 police men..........

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only thing to do is be nice and educate the herd of elephants. We are dependent on the foreign labour, now imagine if the companies are willing to raise the salary of the menial jobs what would that do ? just my two cents worth.

No doubt these are the workers we do want but not those that take jobs away from Singaporeans. The government is taking a hefty sum of money for each and every a household or company employs. Altogether there are about 1.3 million low-skilled workers employed in SIngapore and the FW levy is between $250 - $600. Multiply that by 1.3 million, and we can see how much the government earns every month.

By reducing the levy, employers can pay more per worker but not if the government insists on taking the lion's share. If the foreign worker's pay increases, then the locals and PR's pay will also rise in tandem, which eases their hardship.

The problem with our government is that they have the mindset that to resolve Singapore's problems whether social or otherwise is to increase tax and fines. Good examples, ERP, GST, and etc. Once in place and the monies are flowing in, they completely forgot all about their additional income and absorb the new wealth as an increase in GDP. As they get more wealthy they will spend it on unnecessary luxuries such as Brompton bicycles. I hope anyone reading this gets my drift and where I am coming from. If there appears to be a decrease in GDP they will plan another excuse to get the GDP up, say for example, increase the duty of liquour and cigarettes. They need to show the whole world how successful Singapore is but forgot entirely about the hardship they placed on the workers and the citizens.

The above is quite simplistic way of looking at the problem as there are many factors and other issues not taken into account but your simple question is not so easy for anyone, even for the government to answer. Some soul searching is needed from all of us to find a definitive answer.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
No doubt these are the workers we do want but not those that take jobs away from Singaporeans. The government is taking a hefty sum of money for each and every a household or company employs. Altogether there are about 1.3 million low-skilled workers employed in SIngapore and the FW levy is between $250 - $600. Multiply that by 1.3 million, and we can see how much the government earns every month.

By reducing the levy, employers can pay more per worker but not if the government insists on taking the lion's share. If the foreign worker's pay increases, then the locals and PR's pay will also rise in tandem, which eases their hardship.

The problem with our government is that they have the mindset that to resolve Singapore's problems whether social or otherwise is to increase tax and fines. Good examples, ERP, GST, and etc. Once in place and the monies are flowing in, they completely forgot all about their additional income and absorb the new wealth as an increase in GDP. As they get more wealthy they will spend it on unnecessary luxuries such as Brompton bicycles. I hope anyone reading this gets my drift and where I am coming from. If there appears to be a decrease in GDP they will plan another excuse to get the GDP up, say for example, increase the duty of liquour and cigarettes. They need to show the whole world how successful Singapore is but forgot entirely about the hardship they placed on the workers and the citizens.

The above is quite simplistic way of looking at the problem as there are many factors and other issues not taken into account but your simple question is not so easy for anyone, even for the government to answer. Some soul searching is needed from all of us to find a definitive answer.

It's not easy to a run a country, especially a small island with no natural resources, I feel yes the government can do something but when implemented which herd of elephants do we please ? One point of view, the government is being corporatized , another is we are trying to run a country, how can we make this work and move along ? You know what I blame the British for giving the asian region independence. :biggrin: they were smart to say well I have taught you want I can , you boys go have fun.

The trials and tribulation of running a country.