• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS ; RIOT & EXPLOSIONS at Little India!!!

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The British gave the region independence because they were trying to disassociate themselves with their colonial past, their inability to protect the region as proven by the japanese and the knowledge that eventually, the natives will throw of the shackles of slavery and rebel. It was the right thing to do and no one should be blamed.

Singapore under PAP performed admirably for the first 35 or so years. Then the son came, and promises were broken, the locals were marginalised, once every fifty years events became common occurrences under his watch. The government were as prepared for these events as the policemen sitting in the ambulance beside a burning police car. The new PAP solution to everything became, 'foreigners, foreigners and more foreigners'. Be grateful that the mob was not 4000 strong, or the riot could have lasted a day. The PAP have lost their mandate to lead. It's time for change.

Yes I agree with the points , but have you forgotten how Brits ruin us with opiates ? well that's another issue altogether. I agree the incumbent is losing it's grips , but like LKY say can we afford a change and pay the price ? I am also happy the mob was only a unruly 400 if not we would have a huge problem this chirstmas.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ladies and Gents, after extolling our opinions , I think it would be nice to up my points a bit. Who knows I can belanja teh or kopi.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ah freedom of press and human rights , the ideals of the a Free man , it cannot work in all society. As human we do compare things , on a personal point of view , the comparing of countries is a bigger version of comparing of things at home.

We have not reach that stage of having the ideals , if we are still unwilling to clear our food trays from the table.

Let me tell you a story I heard from a foreign lady I met a long time ago. She was fascinated to learn how clean and green Singapore was and when the opportunity came she visited Singapore. Everywhere she went, everything she saw was exactly what was told to her, she could not find any litter nor flies nor graffiti.

Then she went to Botanical Gardens and somehow her eye caught sight of a crumpled newspaper. She went to the spot and pick it up and to her horror it was a newsprint from her own country, Philippines.

So what is the point of this story? Make a guess, no make 3 guesses.

Last edited:

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me tell you a story I heard from a foreign lady I met a long time ago. She was fascinated to learn how clean and green Singapore was and when the opportunity came she visited Singapore. Everywhere she went, everything she saw was exactly what was told to her, she could not find any litter nor flies nor graffiti.

Then she went to Botanical Gardens and somehow her eye caught sight of a crumpled newspaper. She went to the spot and pick it up and to her horror it was a newsprint from her own country, Philippines.

So what is the point of this story? Make a guess, no make 3 guesses.

Er okay but first thing first it the foreign lady good looking ?

Point one - Singapore is a fine city ?

Point Two - What the hell is my brethen littering in this nice garden.

Point Three - I thought They hang around at Lucky Plaza ?

enlighten me please.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Er okay but first thing first it the foreign lady good looking ?

Point one - Singapore is a fine city ?

Point Two - What the hell is my brethen littering in this nice garden.

Point Three - I thought They hang around at Lucky Plaza ?

enlighten me please.

You still don't get it do you? Let's refer back to your your statement "We have not reach that stage of having the ideals , if we are still unwilling to clear our food trays from the table."

How do we come to reach that stage of having the ideals, when the government continues to hand out citizenship by the thousands to the foreign-born, who grew up in diverse cultures and environment? How can we develop our own culture when they keep diluting the original population with such people? As we were taught from young what is acceptable in our society and in turn teach our off-springs the same, here comes these foreigners bringing along with them their families with different set of values and practices that are alien to us. Will they change to be like us or will we be a rojak society?

Let me hear your views.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Guys...no need quarrel so much lah...if sinkies got balls and given so many so unhappy...go protest in front of Parliament lah. IF NO BALLS...just keep quiet and wait for your 2016 lah.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still don't get it do you? Let's refer back to your your statement "We have not reach that stage of having the ideals , if we are still unwilling to clear our food trays from the table."

How do we come to reach that stage of having the ideals, when the government continues to hand out citizenship by the thousands to the foreign-born, who grew up in diverse cultures and environment? How can we develop our own culture when they keep diluting the original population with such people? As we were taught from young what is acceptable in our society and in turn teach our off-springs the same, here comes these foreigners bringing along with them their families with different set of values and practices that are alien to us. Will they change to be like us or will we be a rojak society?

Let me hear your views.

Singapore was once like that remember ? It took years for us to say hey it's better if we change our habits. Our current status has brought us to a certain level of expectations. I do remember the time when singaporean visitors while overseas has given a bad name pertaining to our etiquette, well with regards to the obnoxious habits and culture we need to have subtle visual education , if I were at there at that time , I would gladly picked up the thrown paper and put it in a trash can and do it diplomatically, then again I might just ignore it.

Being xenophobic is not the solution if I think that's what you are trying to put across , but hey the first step needs to be taken , and it's by us.

jw5

Loyal
I call that an invitation , laksaboy you have too much chilli , chill.

No, it isn't.
If it was an invitation, the other party would offer you the points and you have a chance to accept or decline.
In this forum, you don't get a chance to accept or decline, the addition or deduction is forced upon you. :biggrin:
So what you did was an offer, hoping that people would accept. :wink:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
SINGAPORE - The Police shared today that they have started installation of CCTV in the vicinity of Race Course Road and Buffalo Road.The installation started from Dec 10. A total of 26 CCTV will be installed in the vicinity, a spokesperson said in a statement."This is part of Police’s initiatives to enhance security measures in the area and deter potential perpetrators," the spokesperson said.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, it isn't.
If it was an invitation, the other party would offer you the points and you have a chance to accept or decline.
In this forum, you don't get a chance to accept or decline, the addition or deduction is forced upon you. :biggrin:
So what you did was an offer, hoping that people would accept. :wink:

Oooo Specifics. thanks for the heads up.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore was once like that remember ? It took years for us to say hey it's better if we change our habits. Our current status has brought us to a certain level of expectations. I do remember the time when singaporean visitors while overseas has given a bad name pertaining to our etiquette, well with regards to the obnoxious habits and culture we need to have subtle visual education , if I were at there at that time , I would gladly picked up the thrown paper and put it in a trash can and do it diplomatically, then again I might just ignore it.

Being xenophobic is not the solution if I think that's what you are trying to put across , but hey the first step needs to be taken , and it's by us.

Xenophobic......hmmm, where did I hear those exact same words? Ahh, a certain minister said this in defence of the foreign invasion on our shores. So now being labeled as xenophobic puts those against the invasion as the ugly Singaporeans huh?

You talk about our ideals and why can't we reach those ideals and I replied and gave you reasons and then I get labeled as xenophobic? So how should I have replied?