• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS ; RIOT & EXPLOSIONS at Little India!!!

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
u anyhow brame british 4 wat? ... did dey separate sinkielan from msia? ...

I hate to say this , usually the white man is to be blame for a lot of things :biggrin: , but then again for our unique situation, would I prefer to be under the rule of our neighbours in the north ? I think not.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one fup should be at the mrt closest to the affected area to prevent those from escaping and creating mayhem in the station and trains...btw, did they have anti-riot drills during your time where we donned kilat number 4 minus the formation signs, collar dots etc with drill boots with one chap designated as a reporter?

During my time in NS, we had anti riot drill, and had to dress up in smart / kilat uniform.
But not sure how it will turn out, if we had to deal with the recent riot.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not easy to a run a country, especially a small island with no natural resources

Non-statement of the year.

'Not easy' is relative. If it is 'not easy' for us, then how much more difficult it must be for the other 190 or so countries which are far bigger, more populous, mostly less developed and largely less authoritarian than us.

So what is your point?

Last edited:

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Non-statement of the year.

'Not easy' is relative. If it is 'not easy' for us, then how much more difficult it must be for the other 190 or so countries which are far bigger, more populous, mostly less developed and largely less authoritarian than us.

So what is your point?

My point , at least we have got clean water , food on the table, roof over our heads and safe streets.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's not easy to a run a country, especially a small island with no natural resources, I feel yes the government can do something but when implemented which herd of elephants do we please ? One point of view, the government is being corporatized , another is we are trying to run a country, how can we make this work and move along ? You know what I blame the British for giving the asian region independence. :biggrin: they were smart to say well I have taught you want I can , you boys go have fun.

The trials and tribulation of running a country.

Let's not point fingers and play the blame game. We are on our own from day 1 when we got our independence and from then onwards, our future is for us to make, no one else. You are on shaky ground by stating the white men has something to do with our present predicament.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point , at least we have got clean water , food on the table, roof over our heads and safe streets.

Precisely. It is relatively 'easy' to provide clean water, food on the table and roof over our heads and safe streets for 5.5 million on a 700 sq km piece of rock compared to say, India with 1.2 billion people sprawled over 3.29 million sq km speaking 398 different tongues.

And you're gloating about this over the other 190 bigger countries?

Sheesh. Typical Sinkie frog in a well.

Last edited:

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not point fingers and play the blame game. We are on our own from day 1 when we got our independence and from then onwards, our future is for us to make, no one else. You are on shaky ground by stating the white men has something to do with our present predicament.

I know what you mean , but at times I do feel it that way. I wished our country had more resources , more space, a little more of something. Like I say we are like an SME trying to survive and excel, and this survival and dream to excel has it's price to pay.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Precisely. It is relatively 'easy' to provide clean water, food on the table and roof over our heads and safe streets for 5.5 million on a 700 sq km piece of rock than say, India with 1.2 billion people sprawled over 3.29 million sq km speaking 398 different tongues.

Folks like firmerterra have been thoroughly brainwashed by the PAP and LKY's version of history of modern Singapore.

Even the red Singapore passport, a document that facilitates travel between countries, is considered as a source of patriotic, grateful pride.

So Malaysia and Indonesia and Thailand have no clean water and no food on the table, is it? No roofs over their heads, eh? Singapore totally devoid of homeless people? :rolleyes:

Hopeless and beyond redemption... fucktards such as firmerterra... part of the 60.1% who loves to take the Lightning Bolt up the arse. :cool:

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely. It is relatively 'easy' to provide clean water, food on the table and roof over our heads and safe streets for 5.5 million on a 700 sq km piece of rock than say, India with 1.2 billion people sprawled over 3.29 million sq km speaking 398 different tongues.

To each it's own I say , me a sinkie frog in a well , well would I welcome changes , of course I do but at what price ? I have never gloated about our nation's achievement, it's easy to start something , but to maintain it that's another question. This little island has come a long way ask your parents and your seniors.

With regards to the incompetence, I think, say in india would you prefer a system like them ? or even a system like our following neighbours ? each has it's unique identity. Sometimes I wonder who are the in-gratified sinkie frog in the well ?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not easy to a run a country, especially a small island with no natural resources, I feel yes the government can do something but when implemented which herd of elephants do we please ? One point of view, the government is being corporatized , another is we are trying to run a country, how can we make this work and move along ? You know what I blame the British for giving the asian region independence. :biggrin: they were smart to say well I have taught you want I can , you boys go have fun.

The trials and tribulation of running a country.

The British gave the region independence because they were trying to disassociate themselves with their colonial past, their inability to protect the region as proven by the japanese and the knowledge that eventually, the natives will throw of the shackles of slavery and rebel. It was the right thing to do and no one should be blamed.

Singapore under PAP performed admirably for the first 35 or so years. Then the son came, and promises were broken, the locals were marginalised, once every fifty years events became common occurrences under his watch. The government were as prepared for these events as the policemen sitting in the ambulance beside a burning police car. The new PAP solution to everything became, 'foreigners, foreigners and more foreigners'. Be grateful that the mob was not 4000 strong, or the riot could have lasted a day. The PAP have lost their mandate to lead. It's time for change.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah grateful at times , frustrated at times, but overall still grateful.

Good luck with that, you'll reach a point when enough is enough and realise that the government will continue to fuck us till we die, then sell our remains. Each year, they will always come up with a new way to fuck us up. Get CPF at 95? That's too good for Singaporeans, make it 105.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks like firmerterra have been thoroughly brainwashed by the PAP and LKY's version of history of modern Singapore.

Even the red Singapore passport, a document that facilitates travel between countries, is considered as a source of patriotic, grateful pride.

So Malaysia and Indonesia and Thailand have no clean water and no food on the table, is it? No roofs over their heads, eh? Singapore totally devoid of homeless people? :rolleyes:

Hopeless and beyond redemption... fucktards such as firmerterra... part of the 60.1% who loves to take the Lightning Bolt up the arse. :cool:

I wished I was brainwashed , then I would not need to hear people saying " can you help me to find a job in singapore ? "

I did not say singapore is a utopia , it has it's sets of challenges , and to tackle these challenges pose another set of challenges , can you please everyone ? I for one supports those that helps the people who needs help, it is us the people that needs to do it. Your perception of a inept government seems askew. Ask the thousands who are crossing the causeway are they willing to trade shoes with us ? are we willing to trade shoes with them ?

The lightning bolt has made some happy and some sad in their arse, but take note without the lightning bolt , their would not be mighty little red dot. I do not approve of some of their policies , but I am grateful I can sleep soundly abet me GF wants something more :biggrin:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know what you mean , but at times I do feel it that way. I wished our country had more resources , more space, a little more of something. Like I say we are like an SME trying to survive and excel, and this survival and dream to excel has it's price to pay.
Hey you must have completed jc noy too long ago. Relevant points for gp but not so if you have lived long enough.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wished I was brainwashed , then I would not need to hear people saying " can you help me to find a job in singapore ? "

I did not say singapore is a utopia , it has it's sets of challenges , and to tackle these challenges pose another set of challenges , can you please everyone ? I for one supports those that helps the people who needs help, it is us the people that needs to do it. Your perception of a inept government seems askew. Ask the thousands who are crossing the causeway are they willing to trade shoes with us ? are we willing to trade shoes with them ?

The lightning bolt has made some happy and some sad in their arse, but take note without the lightning bolt , their would not be mighty little red dot. I do not approve of some of their policies , but I am grateful I can sleep soundly abet me GF wants something more :biggrin:

As usual, you are like those who compare what is bad in other countries with what we have. That is the ploy often used by the government and their mouthpieces (MSMs). They crow about the PISA rankings but keep mum about their poor rankings in press freedom and human rights.

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck with that, you'll reach a point when enough is enough and realise that the government will continue to fuck us till we die, then sell our remains. Each year, they will always come up with a new way to fuck us up. Get CPF at 95? That's too good for Singaporeans, make it 105.

That are sets of problems I do admit , but I do not condone anarchist and naysayers , yes we are slogging unto what we do not know, I have my own challenges that I am facing too, I agree they tend to create some kind hoo ha to screw us up , shall we create undue friction among the 60.1 percent to change things , I don't know ?

firmerterra

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual, you are like those who compare what is bad in other countries with what we have. That is the ploy often used by the government and their mouthpieces (MSMs). They crow about the PISA rankings but keep mum about their poor rankings in press freedom and human rights.

Ah freedom of press and human rights , the ideals of the a Free man , it cannot work in all society. As human we do compare things , on a personal point of view , the comparing of countries is a bigger version of comparing of things at home.

We have not reach that stage of having the ideals , if we are still unwilling to clear our food trays from the table.