• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yap Keng Ho - Please provide your background

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's close rank and move on. There are more preparation ahead to be done since next election is just about 2 years away.

Agreed. There is a need to close ranks but at the same time one has got to be aware of constant attempts by the authoritarian regime to sabotage and frustrate genuine reformists thru agent provocateurs and PAP running dogs.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. There is a need to close ranks but at the same time one has got to be aware of constant attempts by the authoritarian regime to sabotage and frustrate genuine reformists thru agent provocateurs and PAP running dogs.

your comment might be over-rated.

if anything those so called "genuine reformists" failed to achieve, they could easily put the blames on paps. now let's be fair.

do you think their motive is in anyway AUTHENTICATED? how much character integrity, honesty, righteousness and all the virtues of goodness those guys really possess?

if u were victimised by them and see how they were acting out hypocritically here, i believe u will be just as amused as me.:p

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flexibility and diversity in organised peaceful demonstrations should be encouraged. However having certain basic rules, regulations and code of conduct is NOT wrong either and does NOT turn one into a "dictator". It is all about finding a balance. We are dealing with human nature/behaviour, hence mischief, conflicting agendas and even anarchy cannot be ruled out.

The organizers of the protest can have their general theme and agenda, but this does not mean that anybody that goes to the protest must succumb to their theme else risk being labeled as "agent provocateur"! There are groups like Foreign Maids demonstrating for their own rights, group of people protesting against government land acquisition of their houses... etc.

So you are saying that SDP does not welcome anyone to join a protest organized by them if they do not succumb to their rules and regulations? Are you trying to paint SDP as a dictatorship or authoritarian? It seems that you are possibly an "agent provocateur" trying to paint SDP so badly!

Goh Meng Seng

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifiro

Even if there are differences in methods between activists, there should I believe be a nicer way of putting an old angry and perhaps even mad warhorse like " Boxer "Uncle Yap out to pasture or on 'gardening leave." Wouldn't u agree ? In stead of retirement though what I see are fat pigs using clones to shoot the horse that has outlived its usefulness to the cause or in the words of "Orwell" sending him to that great glue factory in the sky.

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
One2unite,

I appreciate the reply.

However with respect, I still do not think one can objectively and fairly conclude that Yap Keng Ho is NOT acknowledged by SDP and/or RP as their respective "supporter" based on your post.

1. The SDP post that you rely on hardly answers the critical question. Ironically, the post seems to provide Yap Keng Ho with a defence to the AG's charge. SDP appear to have only confirmed that Yap is not a "member" of the SDP. However, SDP does not appear to have commented one way or the other whether it acknowledges Yap as a "supporter".

2. Yap not being in the photo (on its own) is on balance inconclusive as to whether he is not acknowledged by SDP as a "supporter". Was Yap inadvertently tied up in other matters when the photo was taken? Was Yap physically present but somehow not captured in the photo? On its own speculative at best.

3. Ticking off by Dr Chee and others is also on balance inconclusive as to whether he is not acknowledged by SDP as a "supporter".

4. As for your allegation that Yap purportedly snitched to the MDA with regards SDP's private film screening, hearsay only. More concrete substantiation is required.

5. As for your allegation that JBJ has "rejected" Yap and that RP do not wish to be associated with Yap, again hearsay only. More concrete substantiation is required.

Notwithstanding the above, the onus still appears to be on Yap Keng Ho to answer the legitimate and valid questions raised in this thread with regards to his character, integrity and credibility for reasons which I have already stated in an earlier post above.

The fact that Yap Keng Ho has thus far chosen to be eerily silent, while actively participating earlier in this thread and in other threads, raises more questions than answers.:wink:[I assume Yap has not addressed the questions in an earlier post to this one which I have not read].

Cheers

I reply to you and not to the couple of PAP running dogs who are busy trying to hijack this thread which is abt Yap Keng Ho who seems to have gone silent on the numerous questions posed to him.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
NgEjay,

Just based on the SDP post pasted by One2unite, it would appear that SDP is trying to provide Yap Keng Ho with a defence to the AG's charge. SDP appears to be helping and assisting Yap.

Be that as it may, the critical question to me is this: Does SDP acknowledge Yap Keng Ho as a "supporter"? This is a FACTUAL question that has nothing to do with opinion and subjectivity. Thus far there appears to be NO conclusive answer to this question.:wink:

Cheers

Dear Scroobal,

I didn't want to further this thread, but I have to point out that SDP has already stated very categorically, in its website, that Yap Keng Ho is not part of the protest AS HE DID NOT WEAR THE PROTEST T-SHIRT, unlike the 18 others who did.

Whether he is a "supporter" or "not a supporter" is a very subjective thing which only Uncle Yap, and no one else, can truly answer.

It is not up to SDP or anyone else to claim whether UY is or is not a supporter.

But surely SDP has the right to say UY was not a PARTICIPANT, because he did not follow the prescribed course of action, namely, wearing the said T-shirt.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey I thought the "sweet old Kim Jong Ill look alike" now resides at Temasek:biggrin:

Dear Scroobal

And here we have that sweet old Kim Jong Ill look alike emphasizing that U Yap was not a participant ( emulating one2unite ) forgetting conveniently like some communist rewriting of history the protests before chia ti lik where U Yap was a participant and was jailed.

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is NOT the issue. At the end of the day the issue is whether Yap Keng Ho appears to be manipulating his apparent relationship with SDP and/or RP for his own agenda(s). That is why the critical question continues to be raised i.e. Does SDP and/or RP acknowledge Yap as their respective "supporter"?:wink:

UY is more real opposition than JBJ & CSJ added up. He is the true rebel while CSJ & JBJ are just democrats. Sure enough they won't stick too closely. JBJ & CSJ also keep distance from each other, becase JBJ is less confrontational than CSJ.

Are you so blind and stupid!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap Keng Ho appears to be causing MORE damage and harm than good to SDP and RP(to a lesser extent) and to the general opposition cause as well.

Either Yap comes fully clean to clear the air with regards his character, integrity and credibility or he should be DISAVOWED UNEQUIVOCALLY. No two ways about it.

Dear One2unite

Great so u speak on behalf of the SDP calling him a Looney. "Informed Sources" well funnily enough U Yap has gone to jail for the SDP and with the SDP. Honestly even if you disagree with the man about how things should be done, HE has done something for the SDP prior to you clowns emerging.

There are easier ways to retire a man, a genteel way to put a man on "gardening leave" as the British would say, not you guys, you slime, you insult you put a man down using clones. Despicable to the core.

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chia Ti Lik,

It was awhile back but I believe within the last 12 months. Sorry but I am not a paid Delphi member so I cannot locate the post nor can I recall the particular thread, although I am sure it was in the main "Coffee" forum. I recall Yap Keng Ho specifically appearing to tout for both you and Ravi which I found egregious, curious and strange. If I am not mistaken I recall Yap also appeared to tout for JBJ in another post when JBJ finally obtained his PC again.

Porfirio

Can you direct me to that page?

Ti Lik

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curious and strange, no doubt:wink:

This thread is abt Yap Keng Ho who has almost gone into oblivion, unable to answer questions concerning himself.

What is puzzling is the fact that LKY has publicly said he would sue anyone, even in cyberspace, who defames him. In keeping with this the LEEgime has taken to task bloggers Robert Ho and Gopalan Nair.

If one were to read Yap Keng Ho's blog postings, it would be clear that he is a perfect target for criminal defamation by Lau Lee. And yet nothing is done to this guy, except to deliberately charge him with other genuine protesters and demonstrators who have nothing to do with this shady character and weird agenda.

By letting loose Yap to create confusion in the ranks of the 'vociferous' opposition, is it the intention of the LEEgime to discredit the noble objectives of the real protesters and demonstrators??[/
QUOTE]

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke,

The critical difference between the both of us viz Yap Keng Ho is that you appear to accept Yap's genuiness and sincerity. I still do not know one way or the other. So presently I am unable to answer your question below:wink:

Cheers

Dear Porifiro

Even if there are differences in methods between activists, there should I believe be a nicer way of putting an old angry and perhaps even mad warhorse like " Boxer "Uncle Yap out to pasture or on 'gardening leave." Wouldn't u agree ? In stead of retirement though what I see are fat pigs using clones to shoot the horse that has outlived its usefulness to the cause or in the words of "Orwell" sending him to that great glue factory in the sky.

Locke

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Be that as it may, the critical question to me is this: Does SDP acknowledge Yap Keng Ho as a "supporter"? This is a FACTUAL question that has nothing to do with opinion and subjectivity. Thus far there appears to be NO conclusive answer to this question.

I feel no one has the right to claim whether Yap is or is not a supporter. That is something only Yap can answer for himself, and only he will know the extent of his sincerity.

E-Jay

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hrmmm....from what i have read from the thread so far, 1 so called "supporter" of an opposition is gathering so much topic to discuss about. I wonder what would happen if opposition gains momentum n' gets more support but with more characters like Mr Yap?

Maybe you guys should just let this matter rest, no point in going on a wild goose chase. Look at the Obama speach in the stadium, he has "supporters" in numbers that fills the stadiums!:eek: You can't possibly deal with every single supporter in that sense can you?

Don't stand on these issues of one person any longer, there are bigger things ahead for oppositions to deal with n' it's probably time that the parties should try to evolve.

More important ideas for how the country could progress n' ways in reaching out to those that need help would probably appeal more to Singaporeans. Don't squabble anymore pls, we, the citizens, need more of you guys who wants to represent us, to focus more on other bigger issues at hand.

This in-fighting stuff would only scare the citizens away from voting for you in the future.

I think Singaporeans in general do not like to have political unrest, like in the neighbouring countries of ours. I think the young citizens are ready for more opposition in the parliament. But i don't think we subscribe to the generation of past fierce war horse anymore. We need to see some real good proposals like health care, transportation n' stuff.

I personally think we focus too much on toppling LKY, LHL. It's a good topic to poke fun with on when they will kick the bucket n' stuff. What i really need n' want to hear from Oppos is a firm grasp on issues at hand. How are we as a country, going to deal with the world economy?

I really hope to see a more united opposition front talking about economy, proposing ideas on how to fight it on our soil. Don't waste time in trying to topple LKY, LHL.... time will come for them. Meantime, we need you guys to figure out better plans for us. Then we will definitely see an increase in votes for Oppos since everyone knows in the end it will be issues of bigger magnitudes being dealt with rather than just focus firing on one "supporter":wink:

The more of you guys get into Parliament, the more chance we have of having issues like that "by election ammendment" thing being ayed!

N' 1 last thing, we appreciate you oppos taking the road less travelled here in the political scene :biggrin:

My humble regards,
The Hoff

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can you not feel pissed when you are trying to put some sense of reason into their heads and all you get in return is one yank after another of your chain?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Claiming to be a "supporter" is one thing. Whether the other party acknowledges and associates with someone claiming to be its "supporter" is something else altogether.

Thus far the present ambiguity provides Yap Keng Ho with 'cover' under SDP and/or RP's umbrella, which appears to be causing SDP and RP(to a lesser extent) MORE damage and harm than good for obvious reasons.:wink:

I feel no one has the right to claim whether Yap is or is not a supporter. That is something only Yap can answer for himself, and only he will know the extent of his sincerity.

E-Jay

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porfirio

Whether "Uncle Yap" is a supporter or not and how far he has damaged the cause as perceived here by many is not really the point. I would say this about him that before new blood came on board to protest, he was there from the very start, protesting when many were still "babies." , protesting and going to jail for his pains and helping to create an example for the babies today. If you really believe him to be a PAP agent then I would say you would also believe this bate of internet bashing and bullying. Me I believe him to be sincere but a sincere looney uncle who some might believe is the wrong person for the wrong time. He went to jail alongside CSC and CSJ bc before chia ti lik that counts for a lot in my view.

Ok fine there is always room for disagreements about methods , but then for a kim jong ill look alike baby to say that he sabotages "activists" and to say that U Yap should ask himself questions, and for that position to be emulated and taken on board by clones purporting to speak on behalf of the SDP.

Is there no room for a gentle retirement of "Boxer Yap" the old war horse ? Or should he be shot here by the fat napoleanic pig clones to be sent to that "great glue factory " in the sky ?

Is Uncle Yap that looney old uncle that must be retired in favor of new blood ? Probably yes in my view, but then in some way that transition has to be managed in a genteel manner and not in this orgy of internet bashing and bullying.

Locke

Last edited:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Juan

Tell that to "one2unite" who believes in first shooting the mad warhorses in their own camps aka Boxer Yap. No one has said or led me to believe that the option of "gentle" retirement was tried versus this pathetic attempt by fat pigs to send old boxer to that great glue factory in the sky.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SDP statement is very clear that Yap is not its member and neither a supporter although he was roped in by the police together with the other 18 accused.

From informed sources Yap has long been declared persona non grata by the SDP and its supporters.

SDP didn't want to make it an issue because Yap Keng Ho is nobody, a non entity.

Yap is not part of the movement that SDP is spearheading to change the system.

I have to disagree. The perception over the years has been one where Yap has been more closely associated with Chee than any other political identity or party. Chee has never disputed publicly that he did not send Yap to represent SDP officially or unofficialy to what must be a crucial meeting of the opposition camp prior to GE 2006. Chee and Yap have been charged together numerous times so there has been numerous opportunities to dispel that perception. That has not occurred.

If Yap is a nobody, any sane person who carries the responsibility of his party on his shoulders responsibly would have have quick to dispel the perception.

I suspect that relationship must have deteriorated recently only. Or it must have dawn on some that there are too many unanswered questions about the man.

The claim that it has been made clear in the SDP website does not hold water. Read that post again. If Chee fails in the art of politics, he sure is an ace in the language called English. If that is the message that he wants to impart, it would have been crystal clear.

Nevertheless, the issue is not SDP, Chee or my maternal Aunt who loves Chee, but who the hell is Yap.

So lets all stick to the issue at hand - who is Yap. So far I got 2 opinion votes on sincerity, 1 opinion vote on mole, and no questions put forth has been answered by the man or anyone else.

ps. in the meantime, Uncle Yap has stunned the knowledgeable, the pundits and the beancounters on correctly predicting the Anwar win.

Last edited: