• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaccob tries to defned his children--but fails

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
we're talking about one or both u.s. parents in this context having the kid born in sg. sg, unlike the u.s., does not have automatic citizenship for kids born in sg. for americans, why should they register their kids as sg citizens when they are automatic u.s. citizens? even if they don't register with n-600 or fs-240, they do not lose their u.s. citizenship. they are under no obligation to file n-600 or fs-240. not possessing either of these documents does not in any way affect the kid's citizenship status. having possession of a u.s. passport for the kid however is useful and necessary because the kid will need to travel with the parents anytime either back to u.s. for residency or personal reasons or another country for business or pleasure. the u.s. passport can also take the place of a citizenship certificate in proving u.s. citizenship status.

Some countries goes even further.France for example.It's citizenship is automatic even to those who were born in their colonies.

I know this guy much older than me.A Singaporean.He applied for visa to France some years back.Guess must be business visa or something as his business was folding up here.The French embassy called him and informed him that he does not require a visa as he is a French citizen by birth....He was really shocked and could not believe his ears.I guess he or his parents were born under French colonial rule.

He went to Paris and came back with French passport...and guess what.The French authorities also reimbursed his children's educational fees spent and his whole family except his wife took up French citizenship.

This is a real story.

We are really being short changed by PAP over our entitlements.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we're talking about one or both u.s. parents in this context having the kid born in sg. sg, unlike the u.s., does not have automatic citizenship for kids born in sg. for americans, why should they register their kids as sg citizens when they are automatic u.s. citizens? even if they don't register with n-600 or fs-240, they do not lose their u.s. citizenship. they are under no obligation to file n-600 or fs-240. not possessing either of these documents does not in any way affect the kid's citizenship status. having possession of a u.s. passport for the kid however is useful and necessary because the kid will need to travel with the parents anytime either back to u.s. for residency or personal reasons or another country for business or pleasure. the u.s. passport can also take the place of a citizenship certificate in proving u.s. citizenship status.

You should clarify whether the parents are married. Many Americans were born overseas without their parents being married and one parent is not an American. I have a niece (she is from a different Asian country), whose parents are not married, and she was born in her country. Her parents are still not married yet she is holding dual citizenship. I understand her father being an American acknowledged she is his natural daughter. He therefore made an application for her to be an American Citizen soon after her birth.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are talking about "entitlement" to US citizenship by descend but that doesn't change the fact that if you don't declare or register that with US embassy, you will not be considered as US citizenship.

The Singapore Constitution is pretty straight forward, you will not be eligible for Singapore citizenship if you acquire the citizenship of the country (foreign) of birth.

Goh Meng Seng

getting a u.s. passport for the kid is just as good as registering with fs-240 form at the embassy or consulate, if not better. fs-240 is only a report to the state department that kid is born outside of u.s. it is not equivalent to a citizenship certificate. to get a citizenship certificate, the kid must file an n-600 application with the cis (formerly ins), justice department, and not the state department which runs the embassy or consulate. the kid must be old enough to sign and date the form. a parent or guardian can file on the kid's behalf if he/she is too young. the u.s. passport is equivalent to the citizenship certificate, and with passport, certificate is not necessary. you are talking to someone who knows this subject in and out and out and in.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should clarify whether the parents are married. Many Americans were born overseas without their parents being married and one parent is not an American. I have a niece (she is from a different Asian country), whose parents are not married, and she was born in her country. Her parents are still not married yet she is holding dual citizenship. I understand her father being an American acknowledged she is his natural daughter. He therefore made an application for her to be an American Citizen soon after her birth.

for out of wedlock cases, it is more complex as many cross border child custody cases are pending court decisions. it used to be easy for american mothers over american fathers, but now it is the same. american parent needs to show minimum u.s. residency (5 years with at least 2 after age of 14), birth cert of baby to show proof of biological relationship, and the child needs to be "legitimated" before 16.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some countries goes even further.France for example.It's citizenship is automatic even to those who were born in their colonies.

I know this guy much older than me.A Singaporean.He applied for visa to France some years back.Guess must be business visa or something as his business was folding up here.The French embassy called him and informed him that
he does not require a visa as he is a French citizen by birth....He was really shocked and could not believe his ears.I guess he or his parents were born under French colonial rule.

He went to Paris and came back with French passport...and guess what.The French authorities also reimbursed his children's educational fees spent and his whole family except his wife took up French citizenship.

This is a real story.

his wife should have taken up french citizenship as she would automatically become a euro citizen with easy access and no work restrictions throughout all eu countries. the "euro" passport is one of the most coveted passports in the world.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Yup, I agree and you still need to register to get a US passport. The US passport won't just drop from the sky, right? So the very act of registration brings up the question of breaching the Singapore Constitution that if you have a US citizenship (via passport), you are not eligible to apply for Singapore citizenship.

I don't see any problems between your knowledge here with I am pointing out.

Goh Meng Seng

getting a u.s. passport for the kid is just as good as registering with fs-240 form at the embassy or consulate, if not better. fs-240 is only a report to the state department that kid is born outside of u.s. it is not equivalent to a citizenship certificate. to get a citizenship certificate, the kid must file an n-600 application with the cis (formerly ins), justice department, and not the state department which runs the embassy or consulate. the kid must be old enough to sign and date the form. the u.s. passport is equivalent to the citizenship certificate, and with passport, certificate is not necessary. you are talking to someone who knows this subject in and out and out and in.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup, I agree and you still need to register to get a US passport. The US passport won't just drop from the sky, right? So the very act of registration brings up the question of breaching the Singapore Constitution that if you have a US citizenship (via passport), you are not eligible to apply for Singapore citizenship.

I don't see any problems between your knowledge here with I am pointing out.

Goh Meng Seng

i don't think you get it yet. for kids or persons born in sg to one american parent and one sinkie parent below the age of 22, i.e. 21 years and under, sg law allows them to hold dual citizenship... but my advice is to get them u.s. passports. having a u.s. passport for the kid does not break any sg law. if you can avoid registering kid for sg citizenship, i will recommend that too. the sg parent can register the kid for sg citizenship even if the baby is already a u.s. citizen. this is the same if kid is born in u.s. to an sg parent. in sg, there is no automatic sg citizenship conferred on baby born to a u.s. parent.

Last edited:

Checker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clearly, the laws and constitution on dual-citizenships are outdated, as mentioned somewhere else on this forum. Right now, few benefit from it and its loopholes, and they’re mainly the elites.

The fact is that the elites, whether political, business or educational/ scientific leadership, make money, do business, become influential wherever opportunities lie. They also use their money, live, love, retire or enjoy wherever in the world they like. Not limited to single country in terms of citizenship or permanent residence. Of course laws are always followed. Of course there’re loopholes.

The fact is that Singapore is small. Everybody knows everybody else. Expensive. Stressful. More immigrants make this worse.

America / Australia/ Europe are “ordinary” countries. Birth rate 2.1, have large space, optimism. Most of the top universities, companies there. We need to learn American English.

Why would anyone give up this type of birth-right or citizenship? Giving it up would affect not only themselves, but their children, and grandchildren, and generations! Forever and ever, if they play it right, generations will enjoy the right to live, and study, and work, and retire in eg America or Australia etc.

Most Singaporeans can only go for holiday and spend money there. Maybe study and spend more money there. Maybe get a special visa to work temporarily. Permanent residence/ citizenship in America is not easy to get, and usually needs family relations, or special skills, and lots of patience waiting and maybe even get “exploited” by employers eager to take advantage of peoples’ desire to live/work there.

The new parliament has elite members on both the ruling and opposition sides (eg subject of this thread and Chen Show Mao, and others) whose family members are international and benefit from dual-citizenships. They should work to level the playing field. Dual citizenship should be available for all that can get it and allowed beyond age 21. Elite, or children of washer-women who did well. Easy to put into place laws to make sure nobody can escape national service. The Isrealis have done this. European countries (with NS) also allow this. Why should only the elite have the ability to enjoy the lobang? If everybody can enjoy this freedom, while still meeting all national duties and obligations, nobody’s family should feel unpatriotic or be subject to criticism.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a cousin who was born in France....perhap ask him to see if can dig something benefits back....

I know this guy much older than me.A Singaporean.He applied for visa to France some years back.Guess must be business visa or something as his business was folding up here.The French embassy called him and informed him that he does not require a visa as he is a French citizen by birth....He was really shocked and could not believe his ears.I guess he or his parents were born under French colonial rule.

This is a real story.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
i don't think you get it yet. for kids or persons born in sg to one american parent and one sinkie parent below the age of 22, i.e. 21 years and under, sg law allows them to hold dual citizenship... but my advice is to get them u.s. passports. having a u.s. passport for the kid does not break any sg law. if you can avoid registering kid for sg citizenship, i will recommend that too. the sg parent can register the kid for sg citizenship even if the baby is already a u.s. citizen. this is the same if kid is born in u.s. to an sg parent. in sg, there is no automatic sg citizenship conferred on baby born to a u.s. parent.

This is the wrong interpretation of the Singapore Constitution. If this is the case, the Singapore Constitution won't specifically written clearly that if you acquire the citizenship of the country of birth, you are not eligible to apply for Singapore Citizenship. Apparently, the Constitution doesn't allow dual citizenship even at birth, why should it allow dual citizenship up to 21 years old?

The Oath taking at 21 years old is just a formality to bind you down legally to declare that you do not have foreign citizenship at the time of oath taking. i.e. if you have dual citizenship, you will be liable to charge of making false declaration under oath. It doesn't mean that the Constitution allows you to hold dual citizenship up to 21 years old.

Goh Meng Seng

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the wrong interpretation of the Singapore Constitution. If this is the case, the Singapore Constitution won't specifically written clearly that if you acquire the citizenship of the country of birth, you are not eligible to apply for Singapore Citizenship. Apparently, the Constitution doesn't allow dual citizenship even at birth, why should it allow dual citizenship up to 21 years old?
Goh Meng Seng

please don't joke lah, and go read up on the statutes. read up on section where an sg parent can register kid for sg citizenship even though kid is born in a country that has conferred automatic citizenship by birth to the kid. used to apply only to male parent, but after females kpkb, parliament passed the law to include female spgs. why would parliament pass it if they know they are breaching dual citizenship rules? the same principle of that amendment applies to kids born in sg to at least one sinkie parent and a foreign parent whose country confers automatic citizenship to the foreign parent's kid.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether wilderness or Singapore, it still stands, you will need to get into the American system by registering with them. If you don't who knows whether you really are American born? Stay real! You will need to take the steps to get into the system by registering.

Goh Meng Seng

That's what I meant in the first place. You can register at birth or at anytime after birth. Zzz...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trust of the argument for Yaacob is not whether the kids are eligible or if the law allows it but as a cabinet minister he seems to have an escape clause and his loyalty to this country is a question mark. Can we trust such a person. Can't we get someone else. The second argument is why such pertinent details seem news to Singaporeans and why does a self professed squeaky clean Govt need to muffle the press to such an extent. Who else within the leadership have immediate families that have such cozy arrangements.

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The facts are the PAP ministers have a back-up plan or insurance plan for themselves and their children in the event that they lost power in singapore or singapore faced a crisis.Come on ,do the PAP ministers expect us the true-blue singaporeans to believe that they will be around when singapore faces a crisis ??? maybe only the 60% coward and moron singaporeans .In singapore now,it is every man for himself,u die is your business,no second chance here.Please lah,u think the PAP puppet president has concern for the ordinary singaporean folks ??? Think again ???
Yeah,in times of crisis,I will draw arms as a reservist and I know who to aim my AR at ,I have a conscience and I know what is right and what is wrong,not everything in life is about money.If I have the chance I will bury the PAP ministers with money,yes a lot of money,yes bury them with hell money !!!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trust of the argument for Yaacob is not whether the kids are eligible or if the law allows it but as a cabinet minister he seems to have an escape clause and his loyalty to this country is a question mark. Can we trust such a person. Can't we get someone else. The second argument is why such pertinent details seem news to Singaporeans and why does a self professed squeaky clean Govt need to muffle the press to such an extent. Who else within the leadership have immediate families that have such cozy arrangements.

How to trust politicians playing "catch me if you can........"?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The facts are the PAP ministers have a back-up plan or insurance plan for themselves and their children in the event that they lost power in singapore or singapore faced a crisis.Come on ,do the PAP ministers expect us the true-blue singaporeans to believe that they will be around when singapore faces a crisis ??? maybe only the 60% coward and moron singaporeans .In singapore now,it is every man for himself,u die is your business,no second chance here.Please lah,u think the PAP puppet president has concern for the ordinary singaporean folks ??? Think again ???
Yeah,in times of crisis,I will draw arms as a reservist and I know who to aim my AR at ,I have a conscience and I know what is right and what is wrong,not everything in life is about money.If I have the chance I will bury the PAP ministers with money,yes a lot of money,yes bury them with hell money !!!

Hello armalite or AR gone out of fashion in sg......... which unit you belong to?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
think the males wld still be liable to serve NS...applicable to both those wishing to take up citizenship n prs...

But questions arises.Are there Malaysians and Indonesians among us do not serve NS because one of their parent is a Malaysian but on reaching the age of 21 decides to take Singapore citizenship?----the best of both world !!!!!.

the sad shocking case of barnabus lim is clear evidence that this pap govt seems to treat sin citizenship as a privilege granted by it...

hence my justification for yaacob n any other pap elites to get attacked...including their families...they r all fair game becoz of the way this pap govt conducts its itself wif bloody double stds...like i said before they cannot hv their cake n eat it...we gotta continue to stick it to them...

This begets the question whether citizenship in Singapore is a birth right or a privilege.I believe our minister once said that it is not a birth right but a privilege..

yes, yes, yes...for the same reasons as stated abv...n this yaacob has the cheek to pull a sort of similar tony n patrick tan show on us...all smoke n mirrors...moreover the irony is not lost when yaacob of all pple is the guest of honour at a newbie citizens event!!...

Now,I guess the real question Yaccob should answer is as a minister why is his wife is still a foreigner?....this is critical.Because the question of official secret act kicks in.Which begets the question why does PAP find fits to have in its cabinet ministers or senior civil servants whose wives ?--The PM should answer this.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello armalite or AR gone out of fashion in sg......... which unit you belong to?

It doesn't matter Whether it is armalite or AR or M16 or AK47 or whatever,as long as I can kill u with a golf rod that is good enough.It doesn't matter which unit u belong to ,as long as I can bash your head into pulp that will be good enough.Period.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

F200903300834037074214772.jpg
2006040415104044daf.jpg

184957206_7f7c836488_o.jpg

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
yaacob's children auto americans by virture of his wife's american status i.e. acquisition...regardless of where they were born..

Both his kids were born in Singapore. At age 32, his wife, Maria Seda, became pregnant with their first son. Yaacob was 38 then. Hamzah Yaacob was born in May 1995.

His daughter, Hana Yaacob, now 14, was also born in Singapore (sometime in 1997).