• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaccob tries to defned his children--but fails

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He needs to explain why his wife is NOT a Singapore citizen. Is there a Plan 'B' for the Yaacobs?
The remarks about his children being made fodder is idiotic - comments were made on Wikileaks and it is good that he is coming out to defend.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
In view of Dr Yaacoob's own revelation that his children will hold dual citizenship up till 18 years old by virtue of the fact that his wife is an American citizen, I have sent in the following queries to ICA:

I have a few questions to ask:

1) Does Singapore allow any citizens to hold multiple citizenship?
2) Is it a chargeable crime for anyone to hold dual or multiple citizenship?
2) Is there any age limit for anyone to hold multiple citizenship?
3) If a child is granted two citizenship (including Singapore citizenship) by virtue of his parents' citizenship status, could he rightfully retain both citizenship at the same time?
4) What is the penalty for holding dual citizenship?
5) Does the Immigration department has the right to revoke the Singapore citizenship of those who are found or caught to have dual or multiple citizenship?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Goh Meng Seng

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In view of Dr Yaacoob's own revelation that his children will hold dual citizenship up till 18 years old by virtue of the fact that his wife is an American citizen, I have sent in the following queries to ICA:

3) If a child is granted two citizenship (including Singapore citizenship) by virtue of his parents' citizenship status, could he rightfully retain both citizenship at the same time?
5) Does the Immigration department has the right to revoke the Singapore citizenship of those who are found or caught to have dual or multiple citizenship?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Goh Meng Seng

Doutful they will reply to you Goh. Perhaps you should have signed your letter as Nicole Seah.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
What yakult say is true la. I am a true blue opposition supporter but GMS must show some intelligence la.

Defennder

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, I think you of all people should know ICA policy better. Dual citizenship is allowed for foreign born persons until the age of 21. After which they are forced to renounce either citizenship. The same questions arose for Xiao Yifei when she was awarded president's scholar.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS, I think you of all people should know ICA policy better. Dual citizenship is allowed for foreign born persons until the age of 21. After which they are forced to renounce either citizenship. The same questions arose for Xiao Yifei when she was awarded president's scholar.

Excuse Goh. He's dumb that's why Nicole Seah is more popular than him

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you fucking stop embarrassing yourself? People here don't know, never mind. You, a politician (or wannabe) should know that:

1. Singapore does not allow dual citizenship. However, Singapore forces the dual citizen to make the choice only at the age of 21.
2. No. But Singapore can take away your citizenship if you hold another citizenship after 21.
3. Yes, subject to 1 above
4. See 2 above. You are worse than your grandmother asking the same question again and again.
5. No. Only the Minister does, subject to 1.

For your info, any renunciation of Singapore citizenship before 21 is invalid. There is a corresponding rule in US but I do not know whether the age is 18 or 21.

What kind of Sec Gen are you? Only like to blow your trumpet but don't want to do a bit of fucking research.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Goh Meng Seng

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. If children can hold dual citizenship before coming of age for NS, can we hold dual citizenship after ROD?
2. Can anyone hold dual citizenship while serving NS?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Goh Meng Seng

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
:confused: Anyone can throw some light on this?

"Citizenship by Being Born in the United States

In most situations, any child that is born in the United States or one of its territories will automatically receive American citizenship. However, children born to diplomats and other recognized government officials from foreign countries will not receive U.S. citizenship if born on American soil. You can learn more about this by looking through Title 8 of the U.S. Code."

And this

"Citizenship by Being Born to U.S. Citizens

In a number of situations, if you were born to parents, at least one of whom was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, you automatically gained U.S. citizenship through the process of acquisition. It does not matter whether you were born on American soil or foreign. As well, if you have children, those children will also acquire U.S. citizenship through you at their birth."

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are sharp, brother!

That is the key question to answer, not about the children. They are being used by HIM as red herrings.

He needs to explain why his wife is NOT a Singapore citizen. Is there a Plan 'B' for the Yaacobs?
The remarks about his children being made fodder is idiotic - comments were made on Wikileaks and it is good that he is coming out to defend.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
For your info, any renunciation of Singapore citizenship before 21 is invalid. There is a corresponding rule in US but I do not know whether the age is 18 or 21.

Seems that children under 18 years of age can also renounce US citizenship anytime without parent:confused: So, tan si mi? Mai tu liao :biggrin:

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_776.html

F. RENUNCIATION FOR MINOR CHILDREN

Parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship on behalf of their minor children. Before an oath of renunciation will be administered under Section 349(a)(5) of the INA, a person under the age of eighteen must convince a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer that he/she fully understands the nature and consequences of the oath of renunciation, is not subject to duress or undue influence, and is voluntarily seeking to renounce his/her U.S. citizenship.

Last edited: