• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaccob tries to defned his children--but fails

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having the right to claim US citizenship is very different from actually registering for that US citizenship.

Goh Meng Seng

Isn't that what I've been saying? I always end discussions with you or Scroobal with two words. You win. I'm not a fan of upgrading disccussions into arguments. Go ahead and have the last words and win if it matters so much to you. It doesn't matter to me a bit. I don't know what you win but I know that I lose nothing. That's good enough for me.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you listen to Ramseth, you will end up in jail. It has never been 7. Its before 11 years of age. This is the same chap that claimed that Phey Yew Kok ran away before he was charged. He also made the same claim that Tang, Francis Seow were charged in court in absentia. When he you correct him, he will come back with primary school retort of "you win". Talk about tantrums.

btw i recall ramseth mentioning the age of 7 being the cut off for male singgies wif dual citizenship who wish to avoid NS i.e. before turning 7 the male singgie must leave sin...think he is correct although it wld appear that neither Mindef/CMPB nor ICA wld come out publicly to confirm this...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you listen to Ramseth, you will end up in jail. It has never been 7. Its before 11 years of age. This is the same chap that claimed that Phey Yew Kok ran away before he was charged. He also made the same claim that Tang, Francis Seow were charged in court in absentia. When he you correct him, he will come back with primary school retort of "you win". Talk about tantrums.

I don't care who wins. It is 7 before pri. sch. enrolment. That's why your kindergarten fee are so expensive unsubsidised. I'm not talking behind anonymity. Come out and if you're right, I'll let you take a swing at me without retaliation. Convicted without charge? Some other forummers trying to save your face and overall situation for the good of the forum. How to convict without a charge? Let it rest, Pete. I don't want to embarrass you further.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I don't care who wins. It is 7 before pri. sch. enrolment. That's why your kindergarten fee are so expensive unsubsidised. I'm not talking behind anonymity. Come out and if you're right, I'll let you take a swing at me without retaliation. Convicted without charge? Some other forummers trying to save your face and overall situation for the good of the forum. How to convict without a charge? Let it rest, Pete. I don't want to embarrass you further.

It is at the age of 11, not 7. Scroobal is right. It is at 11 years old, just before they issue the child identity card.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Isn't that what I've been saying? I always end discussions with you or Scroobal with two words. You win. I'm not a fan of upgrading disccussions into arguments. Go ahead and have the last words and win if it matters so much to you. It doesn't matter to me a bit. I don't know what you win but I know that I lose nothing. That's good enough for me.

It simply means that it is not that complicated at all. It all depends on whether you want to claim citizenship and if you really bear in mind about Singapore's stance on Dual Citizenship, it is definitely a No No. That's the point.

Goh Meng Seng

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS wins becos he speaks with conviction..........

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
think the 11 cut off may hv been the old criteria bro...discussions wif pple who hv recently gone thru this ambiguous hazy maze wif Mindef/CMPB n ICA hv now led me to believe that the cut off has been brought down to 7...

sadly n unfortunately the big problem wif this issue is that Mindef/CMPB n ICA refuse to be transparent...

It has never been 7. Its before 11 years of age. .

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup think u r right on this one bro...believe the cut off age was previously 11 but then reduced...

that is why i say doing due dilligence as best u can is v impt when dealing wif this pap govt...no transparency n suka suka change policy directive...

I don't care who wins. It is 7 before pri. sch. enrolment. That's why your kindergarten fee are so expensive unsubsidised. .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
absolutely certain until Aug 2006, now not very clear whether 11 or 13 but I think it is still 11.

think the 11 cut off may hv been the old criteria bro...discussions wif pple who hv recently gone thru this ambiguous hazy maze wif Mindef/CMPB n ICA hv now led me to believe that the cut off has been brought down to 7...

sadly n unfortunately the big problem wif this issue is that Mindef/CMPB n ICA refuse to be transparent...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of this is given in writing. When parents ask they will tell you to apply and they will consider. They don't even give a framework. There are number of attributes that must be checked. Siblings and family history.

Exit permit is now outsourced to another company and they too have not been briefed. You have to deal with Mindef personally. Can't use lawyers. They will not even entertain until you show a valid PR visa from a foreign country. No PR Visa, no talk.

I have been advising from 1999, my paw prints are all over this topic in the emigration folder. I can also tell you that even Perm Secs are not given guidance on this.

In late 1990s, Singapore Embassy in Washington gave clear guidance on this on its website until it was removed. It was the only Embassy or High Commission that did it. Surprisingly the British High Commission and the US Embassy in Singapore provide very clear guidelines on NS liabilities to its nationals who have children. It is the most detailed briefing and very accurate. Its tells you the power of the British and American Chamber of Commerce. The Norwegian Embassy failed to do so and some of you recall the two sons who got stuck and now wanted.

Till today, I get thank you note from parents for the help provided. Just don't ask me where I got it.

do u hv it in writing fm Mindef/CMPB n ICA as of 2011?...

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
never intended to turn this into an argument...just wished to share what i know based on what i believe is accurate up to date info as of 2011...good luck to those wif kids over the age of 7 n who hv yet to leave sin...

Mindef may have all its policy change but ultimately, it will need the ICA and/or foreign services to execute these changes.

So far, I do not think this is the case.

Goh Meng Seng

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls lah bro...when i said "in writing" i meant actual formal written correspondence wif respect to a formal appln...tot is was obvious, then again guess my assumption was wrong...

my belief viz the age 7 cut off is based on a friend's recent formal appln earlier this yr i.e. 2011...

oh n like i told gms abv...good luck to those wif kids over the age of 7 n who yet to leave sin...

None of this is given in writing. When parents ask they will tell you to apply and they will consider. They don't even give a framework. There are number of attributes that must be checked. Siblings and family history.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
7 years applies to those are born to new Singapoans and PRs. This was put in place after the HK exodus. PRs who breach this condition cannot work in Singapore or get any form of Visa except short term visit pass - 90 days. Singapore citizens whose parents a new Singaporeans will be classified defaulters and cannot return without being arrested. Just came back from Changi Airport persuading mothers with little kids in tow to go back home.
never intended to turn this into an argument...just wished to share what i know based on what i believe is accurate up to date info as of 2011...good luck to those wif kids over the age of 7 n who hv yet to leave sin...