• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP mocks other party: GMS may be right after all

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am so exasperated with him. He had a good run in GE2011. He did much more than anyone expected. For christ sake, he even managed to get old man to issue a threat about HDB losing its value if MBT is not elected. All he needed to do was build on it.

We can't afford to lose good people like that.

Now suddenly he does even know simple politics. Even the gossips rags can't be bothered about Yaw and his runaway libido. We all know that LTK dropped the ball on Yaw. What he wants LTK to do? - commit suicide in front of GMS . He wants Sylvia to resign and become a nun. Seriously I have no clue how WP and LTK can atone for their sins in order to please him.

The other thing I cannot figure out is his claims about monopoly, dominating opposition politics. He has to learn from VW. Every opportunity he addresses the Govt and its policies. He highlights the issues, he challenges their assumptions and demands action.

No only WP, he also taking Nicole to task. With a guy like that PAP need not even have grassroots leaders.

This guy probably has no idea that Chee is going to come out of bankruptcy and stand for elections in 2016. Chee if he does not realise has changed tact. There is a reason why it is very quiet in the western front.

We know an agenda makes a priority give way and nothing to be exasperated about if you know.

I can give a real life example happening within my circle. The chairman of a condo was very demanding on his managing agent, making the male manager who "went by the book" do all kinds of silly things, calling him everyday to pick on small things. On top of that, the manager was clearing a lot of backlog left by a non-performing female ex-manager who was sacked by the managing agent company. The chairman never paid heed to the fact that the manager was already very busy trying to salvage the mess for the chairman's and his council's sake, nor did he bother much about the condo during the female manager's tenure that led to the present situation. The admin staff who was there all the while testified that the chairman never used to call office everyday to demand for something to be done.

It later dawned on the male manager and his managing company that the female ex-manager had flirted with the chairman and was bitter against her ex-company for being sacked, and both of them were still in touch via SMSes. The male manager had also offended the chairman by going by the book in during one incident by refusing to process a dubious claim the chairman tried to make from the MCST fund. The managing agent later terminated the contract after two more managers resigned from frustration.

What would make a boss come down more hard on a hardworking manager than a lazy manager? When it should be the other way around. One word - the agenda. You expect rationality to come in when the agenda is to tear down people would be too much to ask, I'm afraid.

Last edited:

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tampines GRC was by far the easier target than Aljunied GRC for the opposition to win. Bear in mind MBT unpopularity versus GY.

Yet NSP lost Tampines GRC not even with a narrow margin. NSP had their chance and they lost.

Bro, Tampines was all there for the opposition to lose.. and what happened? GMS LOST IT !!!!
Now someone by name of scroobal (supposedly one of the more respected forumers here) thinks GMS did hell of a good job there. Now I know why we are called Sinkies.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro, there are days when I am thicker than usual. Thats makes alot of sense.

We know an agenda makes a priority give way and nothing to be exasperated about if you know.

What would make a boss come down more hard on a hardworking manager than a lazy manager? When it should be the other way around. One word - the agenda. You expect rationality to come in when the agenda is to tear down people would be too much to ask, I'm afraid.

earnestball

Alfrescian
Loyal
for the foreseeable future, the Oppo needs to grow in quality n qty. Problem is that the Oppo has been far too divided and that is what the incumbent prefers for many years. Getting the available talents in Oppo to work together is though a bit far fetched, like forming the Avengers.

In the longer run, WP and/or other oppo need to form something like 30+ seats out of the present 80+. That will make taking over easier in a crisis, which I think is coming soon anyway. Ultimately it is not good for a governing party to be more or less equally balanced by an opposition party. Each party w be politicking for itself and not for the good of the people, but we are no where near there.

The biggest challenge on the landscape is that of the forces unleashed by the 2 economies (see David Brooks NY Times article). LHL admitted to Charlie Rose that he wished he prepared Singaporeans earlier for globalization (not that he wd hv the right ideas) but they already mucked and messed around too much over the years, and also failed miserably since the Asian financial crisis.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Exactly Perspective. Motive is the key. The case you cited has clearly discernible symptoms, i.e. irrational behaviours of picking on someone who is (for once) working very hard. The really deep fellas can conceal their real intent so well that you some time die liao still think they're your best friends. That's the scary one.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear GMS,

why are you sprouting such filth and claiming credit when your work for the last GE is nothing but half baked and giving the PAP and Shorty Mah a free pass too win Tampines GRC?

You plan the NSP strategy and delivered the Opposition nothing and benefitted PAP. Now you are sprouting filth that WP is monopolising this and that. If you were as 'good' as you keep implying in the forum you would have won Tampines. I have relatives staying there and they say the same thing as 'No Good News' was saying. NSP was not walking the ground, no sound and no sight from NSP. The only NSP candidate that had a high profile was Nicole Seah and even though she is 'green' she did a better job with the media than you. And you were the Secretary General of NSP. You are being blamed for loosing Tampines. IF WP was contesting there instead of you..WP would have won. There would have been more opposition and PAP would be even be more on the defensive.

You keep saying other oppos must contest Hougang, WP cannot enroach on Tampines etc when you yourself did a crap job. Also you keep putting WP down..the WP ALjunied team is doing an excellent job for its constituents, they walk the ground etc putting PAP ministers to shame. But you as a soo called Oppo Member bash WP but keep quiet on PAP. This really confirms you are a PAP mole out to destroy the Opposition and Singapore's democracy,,the PAP is the enemy of the people. And as a PAP mole that makes you an enemy of the people too. You got nothing good to say to help the PAP, just FUCK OFF. You keeping quiet and retiring from politics will do Democracy a greater favour than you opening your mouth and sprouting filth.

Another question I have for you is, If you and NSP contest Tampines again in the next election, do you think you can win? And if your answer is yes, my other question is, why did you not win in the last GE? The answer is simple, you did FUCK ALL.

In conclusion, WP is the only credible Opposition Party and its MPs have done a great job, their performance is better than even the PAP MPs. You want to grow a 3rd opposition, now is not the time as the opposition is limited. All oppos should band behind WP to reduce PAP strangle hold. Create other Opposition Parties just give PAP more power and we cannot afford that now.
This is simple logic that you cannot even see. You are no better than Chee Soon Juan who destroyed SDP and set the opposition back for more than 10 years.

Dear Scroobal,

You may think WP is the best bet now but for me, better be safe than sorry. We will just have to allow another party grow and become the third force. There are enough room for multi-party system with multi-party balance in parliament. To be over-reliance on WP is a dangerous move. WP members have repeatedly talked about "Two-Party system" implicitly demonstrating their conscious effort in wanting to monopolize the opposition platform. Is this good for Singapore? I really doubt so.

Unfortunately, the example of MK saga has to be cited to demonstrate the irrational and irresponsible (to opposition movement and democratic progress) move made by WP.

The success of GE2011 belongs to every opposition parties taken part in the contest, not just WP. The truth is, without the orchestra of attacks made by NSP, SDP and even RP on the various ministers and their policies, WP would not be able to ride on the waves of general discontent. Of course, we are pleased to take down a few ministers even though we didn't make them lose their seats.

But think carefully, if WP is to become the only dominant opposition party in future, would this WOW effect happen? Let's say all other opposition parties just close shops since you think only WP is worth supporting. Do you really think WP alone can re-create that magical WOW effect which brought PAP down to its knees with its PM pleading for forgiveness?

I have to reiterate here, I have been through WP and know exactly how it functions, strength and weaknesses. Imagine if I had not left WP, I won't be able to do all those things which WP is so reluctant to do all these years and there will not be all the things you have mentioned. There is no bad blood nor bad breath, though I know some of the WP insects are doing all those funny things to me at my back.

The mere thought of what you have suggested would make me shake head for Singapore democratic development. It needs to take a combined effort of all opposition parties to make change possible but WP, due to its own selfish considerations are going to kill the goose that laid the golden eggs.

Goh Meng Seng

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear GMS,

why are you sprouting such filth and claiming credit when your work for the last GE is nothing but half baked and giving the PAP and Shorty Mah a free pass too win Tampines GRC?

You plan the NSP strategy and delivered the Opposition nothing and benefitted PAP. Now you are sprouting filth that WP is monopolising this and that. If you were as 'good' as you keep implying in the forum you would have won Tampines. I have relatives staying there and they say the same thing as 'No Good News' was saying. NSP was not walking the ground, no sound and no sight from NSP. The only NSP candidate that had a high profile was Nicole Seah and even though she is 'green' she did a better job with the media than you. And you were the Secretary General of NSP. You are being blamed for loosing Tampines. IF WP was contesting there instead of you..WP would have won. There would have been more opposition and PAP would be even be more on the defensive.

You keep saying other oppos must contest Hougang, WP cannot enroach on Tampines etc when you yourself did a crap job. Also you keep putting WP down..the WP ALjunied team is doing an excellent job for its constituents, they walk the ground etc putting PAP ministers to shame. But you as a soo called Oppo Member bash WP but keep quiet on PAP. This really confirms you are a PAP mole out to destroy the Opposition and Singapore's democracy,,the PAP is the enemy of the people. And as a PAP mole that makes you an enemy of the people too. You got nothing good to say to help the PAP, just FUCK OFF. You keeping quiet and retiring from politics will do Democracy a greater favour than you opening your mouth and sprouting filth.

Another question I have for you is, If you and NSP contest Tampines again in the next election, do you think you can win? And if your answer is yes, my other question is, why did you not win in the last GE? The answer is simple, you did FUCK ALL.

In conclusion, WP is the only credible Opposition Party and its MPs have done a great job, their performance is better than even the PAP MPs. You want to grow a 3rd opposition, now is not the time as the opposition is limited. All oppos should band behind WP to reduce PAP strangle hold. Create other Opposition Parties just give PAP more power and we cannot afford that now.
This is simple logic that you cannot even see. You are no better than Chee Soon Juan who destroyed SDP and set the opposition back for more than 10 years.

GMS was given an excellent opportunity to boot out the highly unpopular MBT but he screwed it up. So, he should not complain now if another party intend to contest in Tampines. For a start, nobody can "chop" tampines, not even the PAP. If GMS cannot do it, singaporeans would gladly prefer another oppo team to do it. Five years is too long a wait. It is as simple as that. Likewise, the WP cannot "chop" Aljunied. If GMS is not happy, he can contest in Aljunied next time.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS was given an excellent opportunity to boot out the highly unpopular MBT but he screwed it up. So, he should not complain now if another party intend to contest in Tampines. For a start, nobody can "chop" tampines, not even the PAP. If GMS cannot do it, singaporeans would gladly prefer another oppo team to do it. Five years is too long a wait. It is as simple as that. Likewise, the WP cannot "chop" Aljunied. If GMS is not happy, he can contest in Aljunied next time.
so simple u put it but GMS cannot get simple picture.... like yr 'no chope' talk - that's the spirit of common sense ... prove your credibility and offer people the choice instead of trying to buddy-buddy-we-are-one-united-opp-family delusion!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear GMS,

3 words: I fully agree.

Did fuck all, now again talk fuck all !

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 words: I fully agree.

Did fuck all, now again talk fuck all !

Hi Elephanto and Ah Kow

I hope GMS dont contest anything and that all oppo parties put WP as the 1st amoungst equals and plan the strategy accordingly, NSP now with the new team has limited credibility, seats that OPPOs can win should be given to WP, like tampines, East coast etc.. NSP should work in the west, maybe tanjong pagar etc,,if they do the groundwork now,,work with SDP, RP maybe Oppos got hope for the future, right now I rather see a 2 party system with WP in the lead,,all these other oppos should just be contented with the scraps off the table. SDP has a platform but they are too liberal, leftist, social democratic 'welfarist' for my taste. If SDP win, we might end up as a welfare state with huge deficits feeding the useless in society. I cant tolerate that This is just my rants by the way.

Also hor I issued a direct question and comments about GMS, he has not replied to defend himself and answer my questions..guess he is avoiding negative comments about him..wonder what crap he will sprout next...??

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Elephanto and Ah Kow

I hope GMS dont contest anything and that all oppo parties put WP as the 1st amoungst equals and plan the strategy accordingly, NSP now with the new team has limited credibility, seats that OPPOs can win should be given to WP, like tampines, East coast etc.. NSP should work in the west, maybe tanjong pagar etc,,if they do the groundwork now,,work with SDP, RP maybe Oppos got hope for the future, right now I rather see a 2 party system with WP in the lead,,all these other oppos should just be contented with the scraps off the table. SDP has a platform but they are too liberal, leftist, social democratic 'welfarist' for my taste. If SDP win, we might end up as a welfare state with huge deficits feeding the useless in society. I cant tolerate that This is just my rants by the way.

Also hor I issued a direct question and comments about GMS, he has not replied to defend himself and answer my questions..guess he is avoiding negative comments about him..wonder what crap he will sprout next...??

get in line bro, a lot of us have asked straight questions at him and got skewed answers. Take a number :o

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Elephanto and Ah Kow

GMS won't contest in this BE. He's a neutral non-partisan but anti-WP political analyst. :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hypocrite,

If what we see right now in WP, with irresponsible MP like YSL, copycat MPs and MPs who cannot get their policy debate (MX-9 saga) right is considered as "most credible opposition", then I really worry.

It is not just YSL but the problems with the whole team of MPs in WP. I would hope that people stop talking like that.

Goh Meng Seng

i

Dear GMS,

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hypocrite,

If what we see right now in WP, with irresponsible MP like YSL, copycat MPs and MPs who cannot get their policy debate (MX-9 saga) right is considered as "most credible opposition", then I really worry.

It is not just YSL but the problems with the whole team of MPs in WP. I would hope that people stop talking like that.

Goh Meng Seng

i

So GMS, are you saying u can do better? And are you saying WP MPs is not doing a good job with its constituents? The activities they organise and the work they put in as MPs throws the PAP MPs to shame...so wat cock you talking???

Also hor Shorty Mah and Wong Cunt Sing fucked up as ministers,,what they did is worse than your so called WPs 'bad' parliamentary debates,,,why dont u comment more on that?

Hey your time is over lah...just retire,,dont be like LKY,,,stick around and sprout crap...You are out to put WP down,,not fighting for Singaporeans. You make mountains out of mole hills with WP..but make nothing out of PAP Fuck ups..Singapore does not need a so called Opposition Member like you....

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Are you saying nobody can do better than WP MPs in parliament? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

So GMS, are you saying u can do better? And are you saying WP MPs is not doing a good job with its constituents? The activities they organise and the work they put in as MPs throws the PAP MPs to shame...so wat cock you talking???

Also hor Shorty Mah and Wong Cunt Sing fucked up as ministers,,what they did is worse than your so called WPs 'bad' parliamentary debates,,,why dont u comment more on that?

Hey your time is over lah...just retire,,dont be like LKY,,,stick around and sprout crap...You are out to put WP down,,not fighting for Singaporeans. You make mountains out of mole hills with WP..but make nothing out of PAP Fuck ups..Singapore does not need a so called Opposition Member like you....

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you saying nobody can do better than WP MPs in parliament? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Let me say on Hypocrite's behalf. No, he's not saying that nobody can do better than WP in parliament. Which part of his post do you not understand?

The message is simple. Let's be objective about the MPs, whether PAP or WP or even the NMPs. Your problem is you have a serious credibility issue about your objectivity. If you're indeed objective, how come only Sam, Sadist and Kinana are those defending you here? I expect you to say SBF is infiltrated by blind WP supporters. Sadly for you, this is inaccurate too. Did you not get whacked in your own FB?

Talking about blindness. You're the only one who has problems seeing light.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
He said WP is the most credible.. meaning WP is the best and nobody could do better what!

I am sorry that I didn't get WP apologists to stand on my side because at this moment, the objectivity is not in favour of WP. Not my fault but WP makes it so. Nobody could make WP MPs to flop in MX-9 debate, neither could we make WP MPs become copy cats, lease womanizer.

Goh Meng Seng

Let me say on Hypocrite's behalf. No, he's not saying that nobody can do better than WP in parliament. Which part of his post do you not understand?

The message is simple. Let's be objective about the MPs, whether PAP or WP or even the NMPs. Your problem is you have a serious credibility issue about your objectivity. If you're indeed objective, how come only Sam, Sadist and Kinana are those defending you here? I expect you to say SBF is infiltrated by blind WP supporters. Sadly for you, this is inaccurate too. Did you not get whacked in your own FB?

Talking about blindness. You're the only one who has problems seeing light.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said WP is the most credible.. meaning WP is the best and nobody could do better what!

I am sorry that I didn't get WP apologists to stand on my side because at this moment, the objectivity is not in favour of WP. Not my fault but WP makes it so. Nobody could make WP MPs to flop in MX-9 debate, neither could we make WP MPs become copy cats, lease womanizer.

Goh Meng Seng

No lah, Mr. Goh, Please wear your glasses, or change a pair, then read and re-read. Nowhere in his post did he say WP most credible. So now you put words into people's mouth? I thought you've hit rock bottom of decency. Clearly, you've not.