• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman & GM hubby with 3 kids both retrenched need to service >$5k loans..jialat

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their situation makes me suspect that he was the GM of a very very small company. :rolleyes::biggrin:

More like those one leg kick GM in small chinese companies. I wonder why she emphasize the husband is a former GM. Ego issue ?

Reactions: jw5

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
About two weeks ago, Madam Kristin Goh, 38, served her last day as a guest services executive.

Understandably so. Her company offers corporate housing, and business had dried up entirely as the outbreak hit Singapore in late January.

"Companies started cancelling or postponing business trips when countries began to put in place travel bans. By early March, the financials were really bad," said Madam Goh.

By late March, the grim news hit home. Her company, which was part of a larger group, was shut down and she, along with about 20 colleagues, was retrenched. Gone is her monthly salary of $4,200.

The months ahead will be tough as she and her husband, a former general manager who is also unemployed as he has been unable to find a suitable job, figure out how to pay for the family's expenses and loan instalments amounting to more than $5,000 monthly. They have three children aged between one and 18.

In the past weeks, she has sent out at least 60 job applications, including those for temporary work related to Covid-19 operations like temperature screeners and safe distancing ambassadors. But she has not heard back from anyone yet.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/uncertain-future-for-some-amid-emerging-wave-of-retrenchments

It is people like these who will be become the long term victims of Covid-19 and all because the world reacted irrationally to a relatively harmless infection.

Surely it is better to deal with the situation by taking care of the vulnerable so that the rest of the world can get on with life.

Does it really make sense to shut down whole economies so that some 85 year old with diabetes, heart disease and hypertension can live another couple of years?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is people like these who will be become the long term victims of Covid-19 and all because the world reacted irrationally to a relatively harmless infection.

Surely it is better to deal with the situation by taking care of the vulnerable so that the rest of the world can get on with life.

Does it really make sense to shut down whole economies so that some 85 year old with diabetes, heart disease and hypertension can live another couple of years?
i see your point of argument and indeed it might be the very logical thing to do ,meaning let the virus take it tolls and save the jobs and the economy so as to speak.

but thats not how our world revolves .

for example only scientists of the highest IQ makes an atomic bomb...butthe person who is usually authorised to push that button is never selected on brain basis but with a heart

meaning ,true ! from a military general perspective to wage a war with the virus is to safe the majority sacrificing a tiny minority

but from the politician point of view how are they to face the next elections with thousands dead as their record?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i see your point of argument and indeed it might be the very logical thing to do ,meaning let the virus take it tolls and save the jobs and the economy so as to speak.

but thats not how our world revolves .

for example only scientists of the highest IQ makes an atomic bomb...the person who is usually authorised to push that button is never selected on brain basis but with a heart

meaning ,true ! from a military general perspective to wage a war with the virus is to safe the majority sacrificing a tiny minority

but from the politician point of view how are they to face the next elections with thousands dead as their record?

We risk lives by allowing alcohol sales. We risk lives allowing cars and motorbikes on the road. We risk lives not shutting down for the flu seasons. We risk lives by allowing food that is laden with fat, sugar and salt and fizzy drinks containing 7 tablespoons of sugar to be sold when we already know diabetes is a national emergency.

We do so because these items are part and parcel of what our lives are all about. You cannot just change the way the world operates just to save some lives. There's a balance that needs to be achieved.

Why has this sense of balance been abandoned suddenly? It's a basic question that nobody anywhere seems to have answered.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You're just a online pimp site owner. Whadda fuck you know about pandemics?

Just shut the fuck up and let doctors and scientists do their jobs.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doctors and scientist taking covid opportunity to earn big bucks as consultants and create potential vacc8ne so scaremongering has its financial rewards.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I know how to interpret the existing numbers and I'm not interested in politicising or benefiting from the whole covid-19 saga whereas all the shit you read in the media is designed either to elicit readership or to further a political agenda.

The doctors and scientists are not coming to logical conclusions because they don't have the data yet. Most countries have no idea what percentage of the population are already infected so all they do is be as conservative as possible till all the data is available which may take months. They're academics and they recommend responses that are highly conservative and do not take into account all the factors and consequences when recommending shutdowns.

I'm just trying to be practical and optimistic and at the same time broaden the discussion to look at things from different perspectives rather than just post daily death and case counts which mean absolutely nothing when not put in the correct context.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal

Emoji Laugh GIF - Emoji Laugh Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
These greedy fuckers want sympathy?

They live in private condo or hdb? Hdb has regulations that you cannot kick out non paying tenants, esp in a recession. If you live in condo and cannot pay, please jump and take your family with you so they will not burden the rest of us.

When prices escalate, you want to reap the profits yourselves and when it tanks, you want public help? No way you should get your cake and eat it too.
sama2 like our @ginfreely ... :geek:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I wonder why people attack me when I seem to be the only optimist here.

I have made no personal attacks and concentrated solely on trying to interpret the data or sharing my observations regarding the wearing of masks.

On a daily basis I look at the data from various sources and link articles that put a different perspective on what is going on.

I have tried to come up with an estimate as to what percentage of various populations are infected and drawn comparisons between various responses.

I have also put in a lot of effort to figure out what the death statistics mean taking into account existing mortality rates as a proportion of the covid-19 mortality rates.

I am only to happy to be corrected if I have made errors either in my assumptions or my calculations.