• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you still patronize Sheng Siong?

A

AT-AT

Sheng Siong taps China-born residents to grow its business

by S Mustafa
05:55 AM Sep 03, 2010

<script type="text/javascript"> var fontIndex = 2; var fontSize = new Array('0.63em', '0.69em', '0.75em', '0.88em', '1em', '1.13em'); </script> One supermarket chain is tapping the large number of China-born residents in Singapore to grow its business.

Sheng Siong says it has seen a significant increase in clientele from this group of people. So, it is making it more convenient for them to shop by introducing a new payment scheme.

Under a tie-up with e-payments service provider Nets, Chinese nationals will be able to use their China UnionPay or CUP bank debit cards to pay for their groceries.

CUP is the largest domestic debit card network in China.

The card is a vital payment tool for Chinese nationals overseas, as they can only bring a maximum US$50,000 ($67,500) in cash out of the country a year, and most do not own an international credit card. Mustafa Shafawi

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Ya lor,.the last time got one forummer say boycott NTUC cause gov link..ok i listen and boycott,i decide to go sheng siong drive there and by my stuff even though got one NTUC walking distance near my place...then sekali another bro say boycott sheng siong cause pinky daughter and sheng siong boss son got lovey dovey...so i boycott sheng siong and go carrefour at suntec even though sheng siong is near my place...then hor another bro say boycott carrefour selling expiry goods..again i obey..boycott true enough carrefour on sale in market..giant also boycott msian product selling expiry good..so now how..where am i going to get my daily stuff:o.please dun ask me to go JB and get my stuff!

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor,.the last time got one forummer say boycott NTUC cause gov link..ok i listen and boycott,i decide to go sheng siong drive there and by my stuff even though got one NTUC walking distance near my place...then sekali another bro say boycott sheng siong cause pinky daughter and sheng siong boss son got lovey dovey...so i boycott sheng siong and go carrefour at suntec even though sheng siong is near my place...then hor another bro say boycott carrefour selling expiry goods..again i obey..boycott true enough carrefour on sale in market..giant also boycott msian product selling expiry good..so now how..where am i going to get my daily stuff:o.please dun ask me to go JB and get my stuff!

U dont listen too much from bros here. What if they tell u to buy from Uncle Muthu's shop for groceries... will u buy when u jolly well know Uncle Muthu doesn't wash his hand after peeing. :eek::biggrin::biggrin:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why cant buy from mum and pop shop and the wet market? Must go supermarket?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come here to SammyLeong's family store!!!

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
thot sheng siong is from hongkong right?
they give back to their motherland 回馈祖国 is understooded mah.

AirSupply

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why cant buy from mum and pop shop and the wet market? Must go supermarket?

brothers and sisters we must continue to support the traditional grocery stores or mamak shops in the neighbourhood.
many of these small shops had closed down due to increasing competition from bullies like shengsiong and ntuc.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

eh uncle, still got cold storage, shop and save, giant......no pain no gain......no guts no glory.......no sacrifice no freedom

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not make shopping exciting? If you go Sheng Siong, see so many china people there, switch to another grocery stall. If that grocery stall got many pinoy there, switch to NTUC...simple message to businesses how we decided where to shop n buy.

Danube

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
brothers and sisters we must continue to support the traditional grocery stores or mamak shops in the neighbourhood.
many of these small shops had closed down due to increasing competition from bullies like shengsiong and ntuc.

I know what will happen next. Hours later your clone kitkat will reply in this thread to get a rep up. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Go Sheng Siong to see mei mei only :biggrin: