• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will I be able to find a mate?

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
All feedback are welcome..from both sexes if possible..:smile:

I am 39 this year, O level (tried taking part time Dip but gave up coz of job). I am working in techical sales. I earn about $2.3K basic, plus monthy comm add up to $2.6k. I drive a Korean car (petrol paid by co.)

Savings - afew thousands. Currently staying with parents, thinking of getting a subsidized HDB but havent found 'the one'.

Will someone of my profile be able to 'attract' Spore chicks? I have went to SDU many years back, but no takers....:(

Some of my friends have asked me to forget it liao...almost 40, can only look forward to a bachelor retirement.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Y u 1 2 6 4 SPG?? :confused: Vietnamese bride boi su seh leh...:biggrin::biggrin:

indonesian-brides.jpg

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imho, 2.6k might not meet the expectation of a sg woman.
korean car might not acceptable by sg woman.
on top of that, even the unwanted woman joining the SDU, dey still looking for edison chen, brad pitt driving a intercon car be their bf.

welcome to the real world.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Indeed why settle on just sg mei mei, Viet, laos,thai, korean, even PRCs mei mei all nicer then sg girls leh.

Yeah if u choose de rite 1...they r much lesser headache then SPG...some of de ppl 1 noe live happly ever after...:smile:

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
imho, 2.6k might not meet the expectation of a sg woman.
korean car might not acceptable by sg woman.
on top of that, even the unwanted woman joining the SDU, dey still looking for edison chen, brad pitt driving a intercon car be their bf.

welcome to the real world.

Are you saying I need to earn at least 6-7k range?? My manager also don't earn that much, I think...:(

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I know, some of my friends are also married to Viet gals, they seemed not bad, but I will try to see if csn get Spore one first, maybe foreigner brides will be last option....

Will someone of my profile be able to 'attract' Spore chicks?

I noe ppl with much worst profile able 2 get marry n live happily after...It depend whether u meet de rite 1 onot...then again... Ms rite may not b pretty...ok 4 u? :biggrin::biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Savings - afew thousands. Currently staying with parents, thinking of getting a subsidized HDB but havent found 'the one'.

Will someone of my profile be able to 'attract' Spore chicks? I have went to SDU many years back, but no takers....:(

You're pretty much at the bottom of the pecking order at the moment. You should aim high. Set yourself a target of a 20k per month income and once you start getting close, you'll find the chicks lining up at your door.

It's a cruel world out there and the girls have raised their standards in order to survive. You need a "winner" mentality in order to score.

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will someone of my profile be able to 'attract' Spore chicks?

I noe ppl with much worst profile able 2 get marry n live happily after...It depend whether u meet de rite 1 onot...then again... Ms rite may not b pretty...ok 4 u? :biggrin::biggrin:

I also no need Faye Wonbg or Wonder Girls type, as long as 2 eyes and one nose can liao...thank you for the encouragement.

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're pretty much at the bottom of the pecking order at the moment. You should aim high. Set yourself a target of a 20k per month income and once you start getting close, you'll find the chicks lining up at your door.

Wah Sam 20K a month is almost like MNC CEO salary. Do you really think a O level holder like me can earn that much? Even if can, will be 80 years old liao...then again, there are many 80yo who married 25yo chicks :biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
no offense pls TS:

39 yo, earning 2.6k with only a few k of savings really is quite 'jiak luk'. are you quite a spendthrift or you have a lot of expenses such as taking care of parents?

btw TS, is there any strong reasons to get married? 39 yo single man can enjoy life you know. :p

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal
All feedback are welcome..from both sexes if possible..:smile:

I am 39 this year, O level (tried taking part time Dip but gave up coz of job). I am working in techical sales. I earn about $2.3K basic, plus monthy comm add up to $2.6k. I drive a Korean car (petrol paid by co.)

Some of my friends have asked me to forget it liao...almost 40, can only look forward to a bachelor retirement.

u stay in singapore u better dont get marry.u can hardly surive with so little salary of yours.u have think of your children eduation,your flat installment ,your car installment ,and hospital bill just in case,and other thing to think about...if u earn 3000 sing to 5000 sing is ok...trust me ..u wont like it... when u settle down in singapore...

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I also no need Faye Wonbg or Wonder Girls type, as long as 2 eyes and one nose can liao...thank you for the encouragement."

Why u gonna do it on her face??? At least need a hole down there lah! :rolleyes:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS, do not be despair.

Not believing in yourself, eg, earning to little, age almost 40...blah blah blah......you already lost in round 1.

Be positive and confident, anyone will meet someone that can appreciate you.

Below $3K is kind of tight for a family, to be very frank. There are many jobs/roles that can pay you a lot more, and I am talking about honest earnings nothing illegal and sinister, as long you are prepared to work SMART.

Be creative and think outside the box since you are in sales. There are a lot of opportunities out there if you care to see the bright side of it and take he challenge.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
no offense pls TS:

39 yo, earning 2.6k with only a few k of savings really is quite 'jiak luk'. are you quite a spendthrift or you have a lot of expenses such as taking care of parents?

btw TS, is there any strong reasons to get married? 39 yo single man can enjoy life you know. :p

My 51 yo colleague has just found a gf and is planning to get married early next year. So by comparison, TS is relatively young.

Do you really need a car? I find transportation here pretty good. If you give up your car, your savings will go up. If you a simple man living a simple life and if your future wife continues to work, think with your present salary it is ok one....

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 51 yo colleague has just found a gf and is planning to get married early next year. So by comparison, TS is relatively young.

Do you really need a car? I find transportation here pretty good. If you give up your car, your savings will go up. If you a simple man living a simple life and if your future wife continues to work, think with your present salary it is ok one....

can lah. just need to make adjustments in life and cut down some expenses. no problem. if TS really so keen to start family, then he needs to find that some1 that is willing to adopt the lifestyle TS can afford.

autoroam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro

The lastest income scale
Household income 5-10k belongs to the mid income

I'm 37 single annual income 150k, riding not driving cos car expensive, only got 3rm hdb flat cos condo too expensive. Living expenses in spore is high and i only consider myself mid income.

Dun think i can find spore gal as they expect all the best

will our gov running this country everything will only go up....
some day i will belong to the low income group :oIo:

I'm prepared to be single.... u can still dream of marryin spore gal