• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why Muslims have failed Islam and made it the subject of hate and ridicule.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Y abolish Islam when it treats all mankind as equal? No colour/status favouritism.:smile:
Religion as a set of moral codes to live by is great. Once deities and fanatics are involved, things can get very radical and dangerous. Like we have seen happened to many of the main religions of the world throughout history. Right up to the present day.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lerine and I feel that all religions ought to be abolished. She asked me to tell you this
"Imagine no religion....nothing to kill or die for"
farkk... you potong jalan me issit? go lerine never jio. nabei....

you know what? I like the lyrics, but I can't stand the composer. specific to the song...

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
U saw tat vid regarding the pharoah? How is it possible? How come the Quran knew about the truth i.e. preserve it as a reminder to mankind. It wasnt mention in the bible. Some of the facts found in the Talmud, gospel and Quran are similar cos is fm the same God. As both had been corrupted (even the bible scholars admitted it), Allah have to sent another scripture i.e. the Quran. Allah mentioned HE will see to it and ensure the contents will be preserved forever. Been 1400 yrs. Still same Quran. Never revised again and again like those other scriptures.
bro.... no one can prove whether or not it was revised. we only have their word. there is no original copy dating back xxx years.... at least I am not aware.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The religion of peace indeed. Blow up a mozzie hospital with own nozzles during the holy month. Mozzie vs mozzie is ok

It's mozzie vs kaffir.

The sunni do not consider shia as moslem, not unless they need more dead bodies to inflate numbers and play the victim card. In a nutshell, alive shia are not moslems, dead shia are moslems.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro.... no one can prove whether or not it was revised. we only have their word. there is no original copy dating back xxx years.... at least I am not aware.

Moslems in general would tell any sort of fib to make their religion look good. I've met moslems who expressed surprise that the bible would contain detailed references to king david's adultery and wonder why such sordid tales, real or fake, even be allowed to survive. They always felt that such story made the religion look bad. Their religion started in the 6th century AD, but they would spin a yarn to re-date their religion to be there from the very beginning. Their bombastic claims that their religious book was not corrupted cannot be taken seriously.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's mozzie vs kaffir.

The sunni do not consider shia as moslem, not unless they need more dead bodies to inflate numbers and play the victim card. In a nutshell, alive shia are not moslems, dead shia are moslems.
I actually have a huge problem with how the sunnis treat shias, but I really think it goes back a long way...

speaking of which I have a problem how some sunnis and shias treat their own too.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I had been saying for a long long time .... Religion is not the problem. It is the people who practice and interpret it. The same religion practice by different Races have different outcome.

Example : Christianity
The West have been practicing it for centuries... it had evolved and became what it is today. Gays are accepted, atheist was born etc. Society have progress and still progressing.

I feel that religion is the problem. In Christian Europe, problems like slavery and gender discrimination can be resolved when people compare european slavers to Jesus' behavior. People can immediately see that what the slavers did was plain wrong.

In Islam, moslems and their clerics never initiated any steps to end slavery. Slavery in the islamic world ended because the british navy would intercept moslem ships and free slaves. islam's founder, muhammad, himself was a slaver. He enslaved others, sold and made profit from slavery. Any moslem bandit who enslaved africans could compare his own behaviour to muhammad and see that he was behaving just like his own prophet.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I actually have a huge problem with how the sunnis treat shias, but I really think it goes back a long way...

speaking of which I have a problem how some sunnis and shias treat their own too.

Decades ago, nearly every m&d i interacted with personally disagreed with the Americans waging war with Saddam. They all sided with Saddam because he was a fellow sunni. When Saddam fell, every sunni m&d I met was concerned about the Iraqi lives that were lost, even though in likelihood, most of those lives were shia moslem.

When saddam was in power, none of these m&ds ever once expressed concern that Saddam was slaughtering the shia moslem or the kurds by the tens of thousands. I never once met a m&d who was visibly outraged by it. Even if they were, they all kept quiet.

It's really their religious outlook. They hurt you and persecute you, they all turn a blind eye if you are not a sunni. You hurt a sunni, suddenly every sunni is concerned about racism, persecution, death toll and humanitarism.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
farkk... you potong jalan me issit? go lerine never jio. nabei....

you know what? I like the lyrics, but I can't stand the composer. specific to the song...
Blasphemy!:eek: Lennon was a genius!:thumbsup:

It was just a quick meet with Lerine, I needed to get some S-Hooks. So calm down:biggrin:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Decades ago, nearly every m&d i interacted with personally disagreed with the Americans waging war with Saddam. They all sided with Saddam because he was a fellow sunni. When Saddam fell, every sunni m&d I met was concerned about the Iraqi lives that were lost, even though in likelihood, most of those lives were shia moslem.

When saddam was in power, none of these m&ds ever once expressed concern that Saddam was slaughtering the shia moslem or the kurds by the tens of thousands. I never once met a m&d who was visibly outraged by it. Even if they were, they all kept quiet.

It's really their religious outlook. They hurt you and persecute you, they all turn a blind eye if you are not a sunni. You hurt a sunni, suddenly every sunni is concerned about racism, persecution, death toll and humanitarism.
the problem is an old one. it has to do with group association. some kind of primitive pack mentality that is still within us. I forget the more sophisticated name for this kind of behaviour, but it is recognized.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the problem is an old one. it has to do with group association. some kind of primitive pack mentality that is still within us. I forget the more sophisticated name for this kind of behaviour, but it is recognized.

Since that is the case with their religion, then they really have nothing positive to offer humanity.

I would not think teaching people not to rob or kill as an excuse. Even saddam hussein's regime would send typical robbers and murderers to prison or for execution.

If you need positive rules for living, why not pick a modern motivation book? They have guides on healthy living, positive energy and tips for self improvement.

I judge islam by muhammad's deeds and next, by the deeds of his closest companions. I judge buddhism by the life of buddha, and christianity by the life of christ and his closest disciple. It's fair. No special treatment for any religion.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since that is the case with their religion, then they really have nothing positive to offer humanity.

I would not think teaching people not to rob or kill as an excuse. Even saddam hussein's regime would send typical robbers and murderers to prison or for execution.

If you need positive rules for living, why not pick a modern motivation book? They have guides on healthy living, positive energy and tips for self improvement.

I judge islam by muhammad's deeds and next, by the deeds of his closest companions. I judge buddhism by the life of buddha, and christianity by the life of christ and his closest disciple. It's fair. No special treatment for any religion.
valid points and ones I espouse. It is for this reason, I choose no religion, but modern motivation books are quite helpful. :thumbsup: I subscribe to a net value to humanity approach of choice. @glockman can attest that I don't vouch for religion in general. I will say that religion on occasion has nuggets of wisdom, but it's easy to buy the whole song and dance which can be dangerous.

The lives of the founders and their teachings share parallels which validates your line of thought. But there may be some caution and nuance because even at their best, they may have deviated form what they preached. There's this particular incident regarding Jesus flipping out at a temple because of the merchants out to make money there. a bit un-jesus like... :smile:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quran talks about signs/science. Without the Quran Islamic golden age wouldnt exist.
That was in the old days.
Muslims would adopt techniques and knowledge from Romans Greeks egyptian, indian, chinese and Persians.
But today, muslims do not even believe in Darwin's theory although it's now been proven with dna. They will be considered a heretic.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Religion as a set of moral codes to live by is great. Once deities and fanatics are involved, things can get very radical and dangerous. Like we have seen happened to many of the main religions of the world throughout history. Right up to the present day.

Agreed. But without religion groups lk whites supremacy also cause damages.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U go to any masjid fm any countries. Pick up a quran. All r similar. 114 chapters. Not an ayat added or taken out fm the quran. No revision. Isnt tat evidence as promised by Allah azzawajal tat HE will see to it. Plse dont confuse with bible:smile:

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That was in the old days.
Muslims would adopt techniques and knowledge from Romans Greeks egyptian, indian, chinese and Persians.
But today, muslims do not even believe in Darwin's theory although it's now been proven with dna. They will be considered a heretic.

So ur ancestors fm planet of the apes?:smile:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buddhism teach you how to find Wisdom in Religion
Christian teach you to have faith in Grace
Moslem teach you to destroy humanity to protect its own.

Don't tell me the above is not true.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buddhism teach you how to find Wisdom in Religion
Christian teach you to have faith in Grace
Moslem teach you to destroy humanity to protect its own.

Don't tell me the above is not true.

Muslim dont teach. U got it wrong altogether.