• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Mats always have concessions?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CB, just yesterday was at the temple praying just before CNY.

I parked my car along the service road and not causing obstruction.

Then this Mat traffic warden came and want to summon the cars...I told him that we are having prayer session in the temple.

He act bodoh and tell me to park at the nearby public carpark...I think the nearest one is probably 20mins walk from the temple.

KNN...friday prayer they get away with illegal parking but they try to find opportunity when others are doing their religious obligation.

mamadrama

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its just the way it is here. The descending order in the hierarchy is FT ( ang moh ) , FT ( rest ), m&ds and last /least the others.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I saved $70 yesterday, as I went to my car, she was 3 cars away writing out summons. This coming CNY should be a good year I hope.:biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like this Friday prayer parking on double-yellow line is an "accepted" practice here. Every Friday, I find this situation and I think it is a traffic hazard. Spoke to my in-laws about it, and they simply shrug it off as "accept it and keep your mouth shut" sort of attitude. There are double-yellow lines painted on the street! It is two-lane traffic, leaving one for buses, autos and bikes, and pedestrians to squeeze. Good thing I don't live there, but I have to drive pass and I find it dangerous. Are there any plans to improve the situation?

Cheers!

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets hope for a really sensational and fatal accident at one of these locations followed by massive public
kow pay kowbu..

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then this Mat traffic warden came and want to summon the cars...I told him that we are having prayer session in the temple.

He act bodoh and tell me to park at the nearby public carpark...I think the nearest one is probably 20mins walk from the temple.

KNN...friday prayer they get away with illegal parking but they try to find opportunity when others are doing their religious obligation.
More non malays need to be traffic warden if you want your proposal to work.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like this Friday prayer parking on double-yellow line is an "accepted" practice here. Every Friday, I find this situation and I think it is a traffic hazard. Spoke to my in-laws about it, and they simply shrug it off as "accept it and keep your mouth shut" sort of attitude. There are double-yellow lines painted on the street! It is two-lane traffic, leaving one for buses, autos and bikes, and pedestrians to squeeze. Good thing I don't live there, but I have to drive pass and I find it dangerous. Are there any plans to improve the situation?

Cheers!
Mat culture supersede the rest. Including ft's.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I wasn't referring to anything racial or from religious view that may invoke sensitive reactions seeing what happened to Amy Cheong and Anton Casey, I was looking at it from a traffic and road safety perspective. Surely the LTA has noticed it before but are not considering it a priority.

Cheers!

Mat culture supersede the rest. Including ft's.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you post this qns to lhl in an open interactive forum, he will have 5 banana in his mouth...chui tak lan.
no opposition will bring this topic during any campaigning and rally because they will lose the vote of the mat..and being labeled as racist. he/ she will then never have a chance to win

Last edited:

ChenHaoNan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mats loves weekend plates, tons of car stickers adding about 5hp per sticker , bling sport rims less than 15 inches and spoiler (ok this one Chinese beng also like).

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Your temple religion is a load of bullshit. That's why you are not exempted from illegal parking.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
One should be so lucky. Most of us drives a car, sits in an aircon office doing shite & getting paid while at it. It sure beats the hell working as a TRAFFIC WARDEN (fooking glam job!) braving the sun just to issue a summon. Hope traffic wardens gets a big fat bonus for their dedication to their job instead of snorting pot, or bumping aimlessly at changi beach.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you post this qns to lhl in an open interactive forum, he will have 5 banana in his mouth...chui tak lan.
no opposition will bring this topic during any campaigning and rally because they will lose the vote of the mat..and being labeled as racist. he/ she will then never have a chance to win

Hey but is a freaking traffic issue and nothing racial at all...

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey but is a freaking traffic issue and nothing racial at all...

Let's not pretend it has nothing to do with race. If this is purely a LTA traffic issue then all the mat car/motorcycles will be issued summon when they go waste time at their weekly session at the mosques. But did you ever see that happening? If not then why?