• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Goh Meng Seng allow Nicole Seah climb all over him?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Mr. Thick, I do not agree that WP candidates are "more media savvy" but I would agree to disagree. You cannot be media savvy when you don't allow your candidates to engage the media more and accumulate experiences. Yes, Sylvia, LTK and even CSM and Eric Tan could be media savvy but definitely not other candidates.

Goh Meng Seng

WP found a good branding formula which focussed on day to day lives of singaporeans and grassroots activities.

They are also more media savvy that other opposition parties because of how they position themselves to make themselves both moderate and newsworthy at the same time.

As I said before to GMS, and which I also agree with you, results really matter now. If any party still fail to score in GE2016, they will become irrelevant.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP found a good branding formula which focussed on day to day lives of singaporeans and grassroots activities.

They are also more media savvy that other opposition parties because of how they position themselves to make themselves both moderate and newsworthy at the same time.

As I said before to GMS, and which I also agree with you, results really matter now. If any party still fail to score in GE2016, they will become irrelevant.

I would say it's about measuring if a kind of coke is tastier or a kind of lemon is more sour. I would rather acknowledge the fact that I am wrong or at least partially wrong rather than take the always-one-upmanship attitude, which belongs to the human "centres" of universes.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
Mr. Thick, I do not agree that WP candidates are "more media savvy" but I would agree to disagree. You cannot be media savvy when you don't allow your candidates to engage the media more and accumulate experiences. Yes, Sylvia, LTK and even CSM and Eric Tan could be media savvy but definitely not other candidates.

Goh Meng Seng

When there is no media discipline, you will get one member speaking in tangent with the core principles of the party. What happens is, without appearing disorganized and in disagreement, the party keeps quiet and the wrong message is sent to the public. Granted you want to expose members to media early, it should be done in a planned way to avoid self-contradictions.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
When there is no media discipline, you will get one member speaking in tangent with the core principles of the party. What happens is, without appearing disorganized and in disagreement, the party keeps quiet and the wrong message is sent to the public. Granted you want to expose members to media early, it should be done in a planned way to avoid self-contradictions.

You just cannot have the cake and eat it. Practice makes perfect and without practice, you will be definitely less perfect.

It is a matter of how exposure is being managed. Back in 2005/06, prior to GE, WP has successfully showcase its potential candidates in a managed way. Media training and preparations will always be needed for such processes: briefing to those who are going to face the media, what they can say or even put up creativity in replies and what are things which should not be touched on. How to avoid difficult questions, side step questions etc. It is part and parcel of grooming of a candidate.

Goh Meng Seng

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
You just cannot have the cake and eat it. Practice makes perfect and without practice, you will be definitely less perfect.

It is a matter of how exposure is being managed. Back in 2005/06, prior to GE, WP has successfully showcase its potential candidates in a managed way. Media training and preparations will always be needed for such processes: briefing to those who are going to face the media, what they can say or even put up creativity in replies and what are things which should not be touched on. How to avoid difficult questions, side step questions etc. It is part and parcel of grooming of a candidate.

Goh Meng Seng

You have candidate who is media trained professionally and know how to side-step questions. The others are no really outstanding. In MP, you were lucky that people were comparing her with TPL who made some disastrous mistakes. Otherwise you would not be so lucky to get a reasonable result there. People are beginning to have second thoughts about your new catch.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
NS is media-savvy because she is trained in it and yes, when I do my assessment, the effect of TPL is being considered altogether. The compare and contrast will make an impact but that is not exactly the point. The point is, that is Uncle Goh's GRC and contesting in his ward has significant MULTIPLE strategic motives. And yes, he is basically weaken by TPL and has become a very attractive target.

WP didn't understand or refuse to acknowledge such strategic significance because they still believe in the MYTH that Uncle Goh is "VERY POPULAR", almost "UNBEATABLE". This MYTH has been perpetuated by the MSM and even though I have told a number of reporters numerous time that GCT's popularity is a MYTH, they refused to report it. Even without TPL, it is a MYTH that GCT has cultivated for decades. By the ground feeling when we walk the ground and sell our papers, we know the ground is not that sweet at all for PAP in MP. Anybody who has done his ground work in MP will get that feel. I believe WP has the same feel but alas, they don't believe their feel but rather believe in that GCT MYTH.

Whether people have second thought about NS now is totally another matter altogether. She has garnered quite a lot of political capital and it is up to her to make good use of it instead of squander off the good will gathered.

Goh Meng Seng

You have candidate who is media trained professionally and know how to side-step questions. The others are no really outstanding. In MP, you were lucky that people were comparing her with TPL who made some disastrous mistakes. Otherwise you would not be so lucky to get a reasonable result there. People are beginning to have second thoughts about your new catch.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

hello u like that shoot attack my party sweet heart glanda han

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello u like that shoot attack my party sweet heart glanda han

GMS is a political activist and is not much a politician. He serves his purpose in an LKY era. People will look away in the Post LKY era. This is a given. He cannot build but he can fight to open space for others to come in the post-LKY era. Whether he realizes this is irrelevant.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There is much contradictions within your statement here but it is irrelevant whether you realize it or not. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

GMS is a political activist and is not much a politician. He serves his purpose in an LKY era. People will look away in the Post LKY era. This is a given. He cannot build but he can fight to open space for others to come in the post-LKY era. Whether he realizes this is irrelevant.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
I believe WP has the same feel but alas, they don't believe their feel but rather believe in that GCT MYTH.

Goh Meng Seng

And it had been proven correct that it was difficult to topple GCT as GCT had not been toppled. The TPL-NS factor probably contributed about 5% of the swing in the GRC if you take MacPherson as the key contribution to this swing. Can WP capture this? Doubtful but 45% would not be a problem.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is much contradictions within your statement here but it is irrelevant whether you realize it or not. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

lol. You prove my point and it is "there are many contradictions." Do not worry. When LKY goes and you try to run for the next election, things will be clear for the votes you received. You are finished and you do not even know it. You, Yap and Desmond are on the same page. The party that let you go knew you were a loose canon. Frankly, you should see a psychologist for your sake. It is clear from an third party from afar. But I know you will not listen. Pity, what a wasted life. Not that it would have been that great for Singapore, though a contribution, whatever small the part.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The impact on MP will be very different if it is being contested by WP because there will be an enlarged effect from the neighbouring East Coast and Aljunied. On top of that, it is apparent that WP's party branding is worth at least 5% from other opposition parties. Whether WP can take down MP plus East Coast is up to anyone's speculation but as I have said, there are other strategic motives for contesting MP.

Goh Meng Seng

And it had been proven correct that it was difficult to topple GCT as GCT had not been toppled. The TPL-NS factor probably contributed about 5% of the swing in the GRC if you take MacPherson as the key contribution to this swing. Can WP capture this? Doubtful but 45% would not be a problem.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is difficult for people to accept others to point out the Emperor's cloth, no matter how obvious it is. And I think you are in full delusion to think that I am like so and so, just like our Ramseth. People keep talking about "results count" but ironically, they don't really respect nor analyse the various results deep enough.

The superficial reading of results is very apparent, even in the league of so call "political analysts". Maybe they are just out to confuse or mislead people, most importantly WP members. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

lol. You prove my point and it is "there are many contradictions." Do not worry. When LKY goes and you try to run for the next election, things will be clear for the votes you received. You are finished and you do not even know it. You, Yap and Desmond are on the same page. The party that let you go knew you were a loose canon. Frankly, you should see a psychologist for your sake. It is clear from an third party from afar. But I know you will not listen. Pity, what a wasted life. Not that it would have been that great for Singapore, though a contribution, whatever small the part.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People keep talking about "results count" but ironically, they don't really respect nor analyse the various results deep enough.

It appears to me that when you fail to convince bros here, you confuse them. Tell me, if results don't count, what counts then?

Take a soccer match played between Barcelona and S'pore for instance. Barca can have 95% possession, 2 missed penalties, 45 shots on goal with 30 on target etc etc. But if they still lose to Singapore who had no shots on goal the entire 90 minutes, had 2 players sent off, but still won 1-0 with the goal scored not through any of our players but an own goal by Messi, who is the winner, bro GMS?

Do we need to analyse the match statistics to see who is the winner? Or the 1-0 S'pore win is a loss to you? The S'pore win should not be respected by FIFA? Goodness me!

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
The impact on MP will be very different if it is being contested by WP because there will be an enlarged effect from the neighbouring East Coast and Aljunied. On top of that, it is apparent that WP's party branding is worth at least 5% from other opposition parties. Whether WP can take down MP plus East Coast is up to anyone's speculation but as I have said, there are other strategic motives for contesting MP.

Goh Meng Seng

I think GMS make a few valid pts just that the way he say it is always so yaya that pple tend to dismiss him....

but the truth is WP nee soon and MK team still look much better than NSP Jurong and Marine Parade and Tampines Teams...

Serious 2016 Candidates when they come forward will be attracted by WP brand, 6 Seats and Show Mao credentials !!!

WP Nee Soon Team got 2 doctorates, 1 Phd Student.
Toh Hong Boon have a Master of Science (Biomedical Sciences Research) from King’s College London

can NSP attract candidates like this in their C and D team ???

NSP only manage to get lucky with the RP implosion, huat is the chance of that happening again ???

NIcole and Jeanette also piss many people off for being part of Jiak Sai Coalition !!! KNN do walkabout in East COst for Fuck ???

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Politics is different from soccer definitely. Results do count from various angles and perspectives, beside who wins or lose. Margin of winning, percentage of vote swing, comparison with past results, comparison between contemporaries etc will allow you to understand in depth the various strength and weaknesses of each parties as well as the change in the bigger environment.

Goh Meng Seng

Do we need to analyse the match statistics to see who is the winner? Or the 1-0 S'pore win is a loss to you? The S'pore win should not be respected by FIFA? Goodness me!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Perception is everything in politics. :wink:

Don't underestimate NSP now and it has attracted people with very high credentials.

Let's put things in perspective. Just like economics, what determines "demand" and "supply"; in politics, what will affect the results? Party branding, perceived strength of candidates, public profiles of candidates, bigger environment, local issues, opponents etc.

In Singapore, you would be surprised how "evenly spread" the votes were in various precincts and such. Only a few exceptional places will be skewed.

WP MK team is really weak, really. As I have stated, MK has Lily Neo's stronghold drawn out, along with Heng CH's Whampao. LTY is not a strong minister at all. If you are talking about results, it tells a lot of how voters perceive them.

NSP has suffered similar fate before just like the average WP teams like Nee Soon, MK, Seng Kang and Pungol East. They are blend and not distinguishable at all and they will end up with similar and almost identical results of around 41%. It will happen to parties with "weak" candidates with indistinguishable identity, just like NSP back in 2006.

Strength of candidates should not be confused with "qualifications" of candidates. If "qualifications" is what it matters, NSP would have won many seats or have better results in the past decades already because in comparison, ever since 1991, NSP has an impressive slate of candidates. i.e. Graduates an scholars when these were "rare commodities" in opposition parties. But no, NSP wasn't exactly one of the best scoring party back then.

I am not questioning the "quality" or "qualification" of WP candidates but rather, the lack of "grooming" given to them. Grooming them to be public figures, known individuals to the public etc. Whether we like it or not, politicians will have difficulty in winning if they are not known to the public. Of course, this is only part of the winning formula: other factors like party branding and such still counts.

You are questioning NSP doing walkabout in East Coast? Is this your standard you are maintaining? Would it mean that WP cannot do walkabout in Tampines and Marine Parade as well? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

but the truth is WP nee soon and MK team still look much better than NSP Jurong and Marine Parade and Tampines Teams...

Serious 2016 Candidates when they come forward will be attracted by WP brand, 6 Seats and Show Mao credentials !!!

WP Nee Soon Team got 2 doctorates, 1 Phd Student.
Toh Hong Boon have a Master of Science (Biomedical Sciences Research) from King’s College London

can NSP attract candidates like this in their C and D team ???

NSP only manage to get lucky with the RP implosion, huat is the chance of that happening again ???

NIcole and Jeanette also piss many people off for being part of Jiak Sai Coalition !!! KNN do walkabout in East COst for Fuck ???

Last edited:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS,

It's been 6 months since GE2011.

What's your take on why WP was able to win a GRC while other Oppo parties can't. Do point me to a posting you've made here in this forum if your assessment hasn't changed or you have fresher perspectives. Thanks.