• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do we call indian people "keling kia, ah neh"

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last time small...

got heard

mang-kali...its not bangkali...but mangkali....

then ...babusingh...which is for singhs...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah lan eh...just google n find:

Keling (pronounced /kling/) is a word used to describe people of Indian subcontinent by native Malaysians and Indonesians. It is now generally considered offensive by majority of Indians.
The origin of the term is rooted in the former cultural and economic influence of the Kalinga kingdom over south east Asian kingdoms.[SUP][1][/SUP]The ancient Indian Kalinga was located in southeastern India occupying modern day Orissa and northern Andra Pradesh.India was then referred to by the Malays as Benua Keling. In the 7th century an Indonesian kingdom was named Kalingga[SUP][2][/SUP] after the aforementioned Kalinga in India. Chinese sources mention this kingdom (Holing) as a centre for Buddhist scholars around 604 before it was overshadowed by the Sanjaya or Mataram Kingdom. The most famous Kalingga ruler is Ratu Sima.
The Sejarah Melayu (the Annals of Malay history), written in the 15th century, used the term keling to refer to India and traced the origin of Malay sultans to Indian princes. In its early usage, the term was not considered offensive or derogatory.
Castanheda was a Portuguese traveller who lived in Malacca during its heyday - 1528 to 1538 has written about the Kelings of what should have been said Kalinga.
<dl style="margin-top: 0.2em; margin-bottom: 0.5em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 15px; "><dd style="line-height: 1.5em; margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">"In the northern part of the city, live merchants known as Quelins(Kling, the people of Kalinga, from India); In this part, the town is much larger than at any other. There are at Malacca many foreign merchants, who I said before live among themselves. They are moors and pagans..... "[SUP][3][/SUP]</dd></dl>The change of the word keling as an offensive term can be said started around 1960 / 1963. This is based on the change in terms of "orang Keling" Keling people in Cherita Jenaka published in 1960 to "orang India" Indian people in Cherita Jenaka published in 1963 [SUP][4][/SUP]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lol... Cos i know you dont wash your backside, And you wake with a smelly finger and you put it in your mouth and shit talk everyday. Or you want me to change it to Urine so its more appropriate? :biggrin:

Hey shit skin did you bathe then? Your skin is the same color as shit.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow.. I didnt know the word itself has a history to it..LOL ahhaha.. And all along i tot it was because of the bells.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
these kelings are the most racist. they even can't stand the sight and color of themselves, thats why they have the caste system.

Well caste System has got noting to do with skin tone. Its what family you were born to.. Come down from your bukit.