• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which one more siong - NS Mata or NS army?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think ns mata got limited vacancies whereas saf got a lot of vacancies. I believe most sinkees are like me just want to serve and fuckoff. So no point sign on as mata. But after ROD, think it's nothing but just waste of my time. Garberment shud pay me a salary with the outaide market rate. There is nothing to be proud on mata or peng kia is more seong, both waste your time. Madmansg is right, NS is killing sinkees.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
-NS mata
=SOC -
=no full pack, road march? Sorry, I army dunno abt mata -feel free to add
=field camp?
=train at Home Academy - new facilities?
=ranch in house
=after pass out go to station got chance to meet civilians / chio bus
=usually 9-5
=overseas training not so much

===

feel free to add.
i know its not exactly apple to apple comparison. but it does look that NS Army is more siong.

I can only speak for old Police Academy, not new Home Academy. Commonsense will tell us that army training is more taxing physically. But suffering is not only physical.

SOC - yes, but in PT kit, army tougher in SBO or FBO
IPPT - yes, also in PT kit, same as army, good for collecting more $
Parade drills - yes, same as army, sedia under hot sun and cepat jalan etc.
Revolver shooting - army doesn't have except for MP
Revolver obstacle course - army doesn't have except for rifle FIBUA
Rifle shooting - simple range shooting, basic strip and assembly
Baton drill and training - how to knock out a person in one stroke, army doesn't have
Unarmed combat - how to knock down a person barehands, I'm not sure if army has
NS - Basic police training 3 months same as BMT 3 months
Regulars - 6 months because overloaded with law lessons
OCT - same as OCS 9 months, more physical and more laws
Usually 9 -5 - not true except for senior admin officers
Patrol officers - rotating shifts 7, 8 or 9 hours over 24 hours
Investigators - rotating shifts 24 hours on 24 hours off plus office hours
Detectives - rotate your head, 24/7 but no need 365, still got annual leave
Meet pretty ladies - opportunities aplenty, depending on your style and talk
Public complaints - opportunities aplenty too, depending on how you explain away

Last edited:

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most senang unit is 5 Sub mount Vernon camp.
Aljunied road. 7am book in, 6pm book out. Everyday.
The only thing siong is guard duties. Sleep all nite.:biggrin:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Army spends more time on physical training and learning individual proficiency skills to survive in battlefield and kill enemy. Since no enemies in peace time, they play with fake enemies in exercises in Lim Chu Kang/SAFTI. For police, apart from self-defence and weapon handling, they are exposed to handle civilians and any funny request, more mental stress. If I were to choose again, I'd still choose army. :smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Generally speaking, NS army more siong physically. NS Mata at PA is nothing compared to BMT. Once posted out, mata kia more interesting life compared to peng kia. I should know, having been to both.

Mata kia see many things peng kias don't. Mata kias also more easily contaminated by the lau ampais. Uncle for example. Me goodie goodie type but once kena police DNA, knna, limpei also don't know whether I belong to white or black. I don't think I can be contaminated further.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mata kia see many things peng kias don't. Mata kias also more easily contaminated by the lau ampais. Uncle for example. Me goodie goodie type but once kena police DNA, knna, limpei also don't know whether I belong to white or black. I don't think I can be contaminated further.

That's the fun part. We know how walk both black and white paths. It's not contamination. It's double major education. Nobody can bluff or bully an ex-police.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can only speak for old Police Academy, not new Home Academy. Commonsense will tell us that army training is more taxing physically. But suffering is not only physical.

Baton drill and training - how to knock out a person in one stroke, army doesn't have
Public complaints - opportunities aplenty too, depending on how you explain away

NS more weapons training - different types of rifles, mortars, anti-tank weapons, gpmg, smg, etc
Perform guard duties - weekends burnt
Unarmed combat training and bayonet fighting
Grenade training
Route marches (real siong)
Night training
FIBUA training
Water Obstacle Course
Individual Fieldcraft
Rifel and full battle order obstacle course - includes 3-6 km run
Evacuation drills
Omega and Jumping from high tower
Field and Patrol Camp training
Foxhole digging
Individual live firing, section, platoon and company live firing

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Army spends more time on physical training and learning individual proficiency skills to survive in battlefield and kill enemy. Since no enemies in peace time, they play with fake enemies in exercises in Lim Chu Kang/SAFTI. For police, apart from self-defence and weapon handling, they are exposed to handle civilians and any funny request, more mental stress. If I were to choose again, I'd still choose army. :smile:

at the rifleman level, yes. but not at the command and staff officer level. there's a lot more mind work required at the staff and command level than what cops go through. military officers need to be trained and have experience or preparation for a massive hostile event like all out war while police officers need to be trained in criminal law/justice and be prepared for domestic disturbance.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not neccesary brother. Those that fly there early(advance party) normally fly back earlier and their R&R get cut off earlier. Then there are sway people like me. I was in Taiwan during 2000 and on the first night of R&R, there was an earthquake 台湾大地震(Sep 21st) KNS, our R&R were cancelled and we were transported to the Infantry camp in Kao Shiong. We spend our R&R playing chor dai dee inside the camp :biggrin:

Alamak bro..I was in in taiwan too that year..also kana earthquake ..but I ORD Liao by September...:biggrin:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
my worker just came back from mata reservist told me now it 12hrs shift, 8-to-8.

he also complained low manpower, each patrol car one reservist one regular.
GPS inside car so if they stopped for more than 5 mins. superiors will be alerted.
Said first time in his life he did night shift did everything by the book.
And also attended lots more suicides than reported. Quite interesting to listen to.

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
QUOTE=Ramseth I can only speak for old Police Academy, not new Home Academy. Commonsense will tell us that army training is more taxing physically. But suffering is not only physical.

Revolver shooting - army doesn't have except for MP (MP dont use revolver, they use pistol, P226)
Unarmed combat - how to knock down a person barehands, I'm not sure if army has (MP learn unarmed combat)
Regulars - 6 months because overloaded with law lessons Same as MP regulars
OCT - same as OCS 9 months, more physical and more laws Same as MP regulars

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Add on........all combat vocations learn unarmed combat.
MPs are chosen based on height.....there is a minimun height requirement.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Add on........all combat vocations learn unarmed combat.
MPs are chosen based on height.....there is a minimun height requirement.

Another difference, police learns baton combat while soldier learns bayonet combat. Police is trained on M16 too but never with bayonet. I also believe police and army unarmed combat are of different versions for different duties. Army MP version should be closer to that of police since their duties are closer.

A fully euipped and armed police is at most equivalent to a solider with SBO. There's no such thing as FBO or jungle training for police.

Last edited:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 months BMT is tougher physically but 6 months Police training is more studious as you need to pass the law and stuff. However, the physical test standard for both are the same as they all use IPPT.

The toughest physical training would be training under the Gurkhas. Those who had been there would know.