• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which one more siong - NS Mata or NS army?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dont worry brother, you are not alone. If I had been in police, I would have done the same :biggrin:

But sometimes dont abuse at the wrong place. I got an ex colleague, he is just NS policeman (dont know why after finish NS still can keep warrant card?) There was once we were prowling for girls in Geylang and some ah beng was sitting on his bonnet(leaning against). He was pissed off and flashed his warrant card and body searched the 2 of them. He was lucky that the 2 probably was some small time ah beng and did not belong to any gang in the vincinity.

bro i think your ex colleague reported his warrant lost . my friend also like that .

i even brought one handcuff from my friend who brought it back from thailand ...i always carry 2 things when off duty , the handcuff and the warrant card ...acting like a CID on duty suka suka spot check ppl .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not neccesary brother. Those that fly there early(advance party) normally fly back earlier and their R&R get cut off earlier. Then there are sway people like me. I was in Taiwan during 2000 and on the first night of R&R, there was an earthquake 台湾大地震(Sep 21st) KNS, our R&R were cancelled and we were transported to the Infantry camp in Kao Shiong. We spend our R&R playing chor dai dee inside the camp :biggrin:

bro thanks for the infor ..i thought sure got rest and relax time .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Generally army more siong but if you lucky kena some totally switch off obscure vocation then like strike 4d super eng until can study or work part time even.

The most eng and senang is scdf

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Generally army more siong but if you lucky kena some totally switch off obscure vocation then like strike 4d super eng until can study or work part time even.

If you under a horny milf chief clerk, lagi best. Every day allow you to book out at 5pm and resume your duty at her house :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No wat, the most Eng and Senang is the vocation that can have 12 years deferment and post to don't know what medical research unit.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No wat, the most Eng and Senang is the vocation that can have 12 years deferment and post to don't know what medical research unit.

that one only works if you're KFC's son, not for low class peasants like us.

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah overseas training is more fun. a tank overturn in thailand and the soldier gets cut into 2.

maybe science can put them back together? What you reckon?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, range, not ranch :biggrin:

NS police meet pai kia outside can flash warrant card. NS peng kia meet pai kia only kena hantam. Remember the case at my time when a few commandos NS peng kia booked out and had a fight at boat quay. Go back kena scolded by the RSM, not for fighting but for losing the fight :biggrin:

Last time commandos always fight outside without kena any action taken against them.......thats why so 'elite'.
Last time group of us trainees fought in Safinos......went before CO......commando trained one....knn thot sure kena DB liao....

His opening line.....until today i remembered....."As men, you all should fight!".....just kena verbal warning nia :biggrin:

In taiwan last time hokkien peng also always clash with their local gangsters.......until these hokkien peng earned their respect.....

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oversea training is fun - Taiwan mei mei, chicken chop and dessert... Thai also not bad. Just don't go to Brunei and India...
Thai depends..heard at one point the R&R was controlled......no overnight.
Also depends where you go.....airforce riggers attached to US camp party every night.
Brunei also got lobang.......alot of 'house functions' those who posted there will know........also can skip over to east malaysia for action.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Army is a hit-and-miss.

Of course, only the BMT is more siong (and arguably also the most welfare-oriented, with the most accomodating medical officers).

After that it depends on which unit you get posted to.

If you're posted to some shit unit e.g. armoured infantry, where you'll need to go to Australia frequently for brigade exercises, congrats, you are fucked.
Even for the medic vocation, it depends on the Medical Centre you're getting posted to, or whether you're going to be a service medic or combat medic.

If you're posted to some random low-key/classified/service unit, life is good.

I heard navy and air force are great as well.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thai depends..heard at one point the R&R was controlled......no overnight.
Also depends where you go.....airforce riggers attached to US camp party every night.
Brunei also got lobang.......alot of 'house functions' those who posted there will know........also can skip over to east malaysia for action.

If you are on good terms with those personnel stationed there, then you will know where to go for R&R :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In taiwan last time hokkien peng also always clash with their local gangsters.......until these hokkien peng earned their respect.....

Nowadays our soldiers cannot liao. Haven fight, cry liao...cry for father and mother...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I love Exercise Starlight. That is the only country that I can bring my wallet outfield and spend spend half of my money before R&R. When we are outfield, there will be minivans or bikes that will come along to sell you those Taiwanese snacks/food. I miss the 蛋饼。For those armour boys, the camp is at Hukou and the camp is smacked right in the middle of town. Which means that the moment you book out, it is town :biggrin:
Song lah, I still miss the daughter of that aunty who came into camp ground to sell her soft toy. Sibey cute.

Exercise Wallaby was terrible. I bought 1k AUD there and after 2 weeks in camp, I'm still left with $970 before R&R. During R&R, I still have to force myself to buy something so that I can use some of the money.

same thing in Ex Cresendo at Kanchanaburi, can bring money outfield but subject to unit SOP. i went there twice, first as Opfor so a bit "boh govt" as we only answer to our "lao jik" as officers "boh chap" but the training troopers of the 42SAR were order by their "talent" CO cannot buy anything while outfield. So the troopers look at us with anger and envy while they watch us eat coconut ice cream after the end of each engagements. haha... come to think of it, maybe it the outfield mentality, the home made coconut ice cream we ate there were much nicer than the one i had in bangkok after i ORDed. Then when it my unit turn to go thailand for Atec, we still buy drinks and foods outfield that we didnt touch the combat ration at all in the 4D3N that we gave all to the thai villagers at our final mission rest point. Both trip R&R were "controlled" but during the Opsfor R&R, one of the night dinner restaraunt was next to a fish tank, so quite a number of guys went drink "neh neh" instead eat dinner.:rolleyes: Not sure true or not, heard 42 guys got their R&R cancelled because they fail their Atec. Anyway from what i observe as a Opfor, it not the men fault but due to the poor planning by the 42 CO or S3.

anyway i heard something interesting about armour oversea training in the past,

Brigade level - Ex Starlight
Brigade level / Battlion level "flyer" CO - Ex Walleby
Battlion level "flyer" or "farmer" - Ex Cresendo
Battlion level kenna condemn - Jungle training in brunei.

actually i find it can be truth, as both during NSF and Reservist, the unit i was in was earmarked for Aussieland but both last minute cancel. NSF CO was a farmer, so not surprise aussieland turn to LOS. Reservist CO also a reservist, by third ICT, already make hint go aussieland, then only at Atec 1 then we heard change to local Atec for Atec 2 which i consider heng as i not keen to sleep in a tentage for 3 weeks.:biggrin: The officers mostly were disappointed while majority of the pengkias were delighted.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Brigade level - Ex Starlight
Brigade level / Battlion level "flyer" CO - Ex Walleby
Battlion level "flyer" or "farmer" - Ex Cresendo
Battlion level kenna condemn - Jungle training in brunei.

Maybe. Our CO at that time when we went to Starlight is now the DY CAO. But he took damn long to be promoted. Dont know why. Stuck at 2 crabs for a long time before finally getting his 3 crabs as DY CAO

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
got many people siam army go sign on as police regular.

my BMT bunkmate did that! towards the end of BMT, he happily declared that he will be going to the police whereas the rest of us were anxiously awaiting our posting "fate" (i.e. ocs, sispec, etc).

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly i used to have a few fren in anti drug side, i really find them SUPER SUPER KWAY LAN (olden days one). i think they only lose to SSB in terms of kway lanness, hear story abt them beating up the drug addicts etc to take "revenge" for making them hide in that lan jiao bush or van whole day waiting for instruction to go.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think this is one of the best argument today :smile:

mata siong meh? machiam chobolan whole day then off duty. off duty liao wear half U, then was instructed by senior to bohchap any crime happening since already off duty. was told this by a colleague who a mata reservist. even mata regular also not on the ball, instruct to look out for II yet can go marina to sleep in car or even worse, never even drive the polis car out and sit at the container office at the tanjong pagar KTM. As colleague NSF at mata transport division, he told the regulars actually all mata cars have transponders inside to reflect locations at HQ. The farker regulars tot can BS locations for all those years when dispatch already know their eat snake location.

likewise, how many mata NSF go sign on in SAF? How many death happen to mata NSFs since the 70s? newspaper regularly feature mata death because mata shoot themselves with their own pistol but many SAF NSF die because of SAF neglience. mata duty is what 8/12 hr shift but a combat riflemen have to go for a 4D3N outfield, where sleep is a premium and eat food that a dog dont even put in its mouth, week in week out. just yesterday, a mata grey beret was busy playing games on his Iphone inside the NEL, blocking passengers from getting out of the MRT. mata siong my arse!!