• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which one more siong - NS Mata or NS army?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i start this thread after reading Ramseth's comments that mata always get end of stick while NS army get perceived to be more siong.

So lets compare shall we?

assumption: physically fit young man

- NS Army
= SOC - with SBO and SAR21
= carry full pack and 42km road march
= field camp
= train at ulu P Tekong
= aircon coach to go ranch
= after post out, go unit, chance of chio bu slim
= stay-in unit means 1 week go home once
= got chance to go R&R when overseas training

-NS mata
=SOC -
=no full pack, road march? Sorry, I army dunno abt mata -feel free to add
=field camp?
=train at Home Academy - new facilities?
=ranch in house
=after pass out go to station got chance to meet civilians / chio bus
=usually 9-5
=overseas training not so much

===

feel free to add.
i know its not exactly apple to apple comparison. but it does look that NS Army is more siong.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
i was rifleman in the early 70s...kena all sorts of shit. Mata NS started about 3 yrs later..arnd 75/76. Their lives were much easier...get to book out more

often too.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
= aircon coach to go ranch
= after post out, go unit, chance of chio bu slim
feel free to add.
i know its not exactly apple to apple comparison. but it does look that NS Army is more siong.

Brother, range, not ranch :biggrin:

NS police meet pai kia outside can flash warrant card. NS peng kia meet pai kia only kena hantam. Remember the case at my time when a few commandos NS peng kia booked out and had a fight at boat quay. Go back kena scolded by the RSM, not for fighting but for losing the fight :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brother, range, not ranch :biggrin:

NS police meet pai kia outside can flash warrant card. NS peng kia meet pai kia only kena hantam. Remember the case at my time when a few commandos NS peng kia booked out and had a fight at boat quay. Go back kena scolded by the RSM, not for fighting but for losing the fight :biggrin:

bro i admited during my NS days i abused my warrant card .

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oversea training is fun - Taiwan mei mei, chicken chop and dessert... Thai also not bad. Just don't go to Brunei and India...

india is pretty recent, more for air force folks??

only incentive at brunei is the canteen and canned fruits. oh yah, probably drinking water from apoi river.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wha Bro shiok lah like that.. My elder brother back then was a NSPI during his NS days.. Every week will bring back confiscated ciggrettes and VCDs.. KNN I think he had a good time back then with his warrant card..:biggrin:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yes...i heard from some of my friends that overseas training is fun .

drifter san, only fun part of overseas training is the R&R.

but if you really suay, then probably no chance for R&R.

like that then overseas training not much fun. :(

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Oversea training is fun - Taiwan mei mei, chicken chop and dessert... Thai also not bad. Just don't go to Brunei and India...

Yes, I love Exercise Starlight. That is the only country that I can bring my wallet outfield and spend spend half of my money before R&R. When we are outfield, there will be minivans or bikes that will come along to sell you those Taiwanese snacks/food. I miss the 蛋饼。For those armour boys, the camp is at Hukou and the camp is smacked right in the middle of town. Which means that the moment you book out, it is town :biggrin:
Song lah, I still miss the daughter of that aunty who came into camp ground to sell her soft toy. Sibey cute.

Exercise Wallaby was terrible. I bought 1k AUD there and after 2 weeks in camp, I'm still left with $970 before R&R. During R&R, I still have to force myself to buy something so that I can use some of the money.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
drifter san, only fun part of overseas training is the R&R.

but if you really suay, then probably no chance for R&R.

like that then overseas training not much fun. :(

bro , i thought overseas training confirm got rest and relax time ?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Dont worry brother, you are not alone. If I had been in police, I would have done the same :biggrin:

But sometimes dont abuse at the wrong place. I got an ex colleague, he is just NS policeman (dont know why after finish NS still can keep warrant card?) There was once we were prowling for girls in Geylang and some ah beng was sitting on his bonnet(leaning against). He was pissed off and flashed his warrant card and body searched the 2 of them. He was lucky that the 2 probably was some small time ah beng and did not belong to any gang in the vincinity.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I love Exercise Starlight. That is the only country that I can bring my wallet outfield and spend spend half of my money before R&R. When we are outfield, there will be minivans or bikes that will come along to sell you those Taiwanese snacks/food. I miss the 蛋饼。For those armour boys, the camp is at Hukou and the camp is smacked right in the middle of town. Which means that the moment you book out, it is town :biggrin:
Song lah, I still miss the daughter of that aunty who came into camp ground to sell her soft toy. Sibey cute.

For me the best is Taiwan and Thailand... After training can R n R.. And the worse is Brunei.. Really no fcuking life over there.. The atmosphere so gloomy.. No night life, no entertainment..

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

last time not 100% confirm R&R, now i supposed it's 100% - Welfare issue.

Anyway, i wouldn't know.. MR long time back already.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Not neccesary brother. Those that fly there early(advance party) normally fly back earlier and their R&R get cut off earlier. Then there are sway people like me. I was in Taiwan during 2000 and on the first night of R&R, there was an earthquake 台湾大地震(Sep 21st) KNS, our R&R were cancelled and we were transported to the Infantry camp in Kao Shiong. We spend our R&R playing chor dai dee inside the camp :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wha Bro shiok lah like that.. My elder brother back then was a NSPI during his NS days.. Every week will bring back confiscated ciggrettes and VCDs.. KNN I think he had a good time back then with his warrant card..:biggrin:

bro..last time young dont know how to think . off duty go to geyland coffeeshop with my NSpolice friends suka suka see ah beng buay song ask them kua simi LJ and takeout our warrant card flash at them , pull them to one side and spot check them . now think back , i sibey fuckup .

then posted to ADU ( anti drug unit ) wear plain clothes lagi jialat ..more yaya ..during operations whack those junkies inside the van or office . i behave like a animal .