• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where is the most happening place in Penang Island ?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
看了世界又怎样?心胸狭窄容不下一粒沙子!
see the world for what when only know how to do evil insult virgin as chicken and called that doing good deed? Steal rob murder smearing all called do good deeds by such evil dogs. The more such evil dogs travel, the more dangerous the world is.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
see the world for what when only know how to do evil insult virgin as chicken and called that doing good deed? Steal rob murder smearing all called do good deeds by such evil dogs. The more such evil dogs travel, the more dangerous the world is.
GPGT. His evil post calling doing evil to me insulting me a virgin as chicken as doing good deed woh.

Post in thread '言行不一的真小人@musclepower'
https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/言行不一的真小人-musclepower.351333/post-3901881

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
GPGT. His evil post calling doing evil to me insulting me a virgin as chicken as doing good deed woh.

Post in thread '言行不一的真小人@musclepower'
https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/言行不一的真小人-musclepower.351333/post-3901881
So 恩将仇报 murder stealing robbery smearing all called doing good deed by Cantonese indeed from my ex sinkie Cantonese accountant that i fight kt latha to hire sinkie to my Nusa Duta Cantonese neighbors from hell damaged my house to steal and rob from me buy it cheap to my current neighbor Hongkie Cantonese benefiting from my good deeds fighting developer. 恩将仇报的狗就是这样!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So 恩将仇报 murder stealing robbery smearing all called doing good deed by Cantonese indeed from my ex sinkie Cantonese accountant that i fight kt latha to hire sinkie to my Nusa Duta Cantonese neighbors from hell damaged my house to steal and rob from me buy it cheap to my current neighbor Hongkie Cantonese benefiting from my good deeds fighting developer. 恩将仇报的狗就是这样!
and such people @musclepower that has no morals like to 道德绑架and beat up others doing good deeds as if do evil while dogs and bitches can do evil and be proud and sell nude sell cb buy Porsche and be proud!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my travel companions were ok with the overrated cendol of malacca. but all my companions kena lau sai with ice kacang in penang. i had hot dessert so was fine. no freshly cut fruit and drinks with ice for me when i’m in ml. same in india.
Coat American stomach with pepto bismol before embarking on binge eating of delicious hawker food.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Best cendol in Penang - Jalan Penang
View attachment 190636

2. Best char kuay teow in Penang - Siam Road, Michelin Bib. Beware, long queue, sold out by 1pm.
View attachment 190637

3. Seven Clan Jetties, Weld Quay, UNESCO World Heritage Site
View attachment 190639

4. George Town Street Art, Armenian Street. UNESCO World Heritage Site
View attachment 190640

5. The Blue Mansion, Lebuh Letih. UNESCO World Heritage Site.
View attachment 190641

Lorong Baru char kway teow is also good ...can eat that in the evening. Next to the CKT is the pork satay, good too.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
my travel companions were ok with the overrated cendol of malacca. but all my companions kena lau sai with ice kacang in penang. i had hot dessert so was fine. no freshly cut fruit and drinks with ice for me when i’m in ml. same in india.
That's because sometimes ordered ice comes in big blocks and they just drag it in the road instead of carrying it. I witnessed this and scramble out of the Mamak restaurant. But the rest they don't really care. The place remains pack.

No shopping in penang that i know of. Nightlife used to be near E& O/ bayview hotel in the city.

Bayview hotel used to be good value. Owned by kah motor family. Right in city centre. Walking distance to anywhere. Ehrn I stayed there decades ago, it was only RM120 per night. But i just checked it's website, it's now nearly RM900. But hotels within vicinity should be affordable including continental, ambassador, cititel,

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jen hotel is walking distance from Lorong Baru (makan places there in the evening)
I will find a cheap hotel near Jen, such as Cititel Express Penang, less than S$50:

Screenshot_1.jpg

The decor standard quite tokkong.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI, penangites weekend escapade is southern Thailand. Long weekends they leave penang as KL folks jam up the traffic on the island.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
if they listed it in the airbnb website, it is available. no wonder if it is banned or not, it's the owner's issue.
Not anymore. State has banned air bnb after owners complain of house and strangers.

Travel & Leisure

Malaysian island Penang bans Airbnb and other short-term lets, in bid to reduce number of undesirable visitors​

• The ban, which takes immediate effect on the island of Penang, is meant to curb the number of sometimes badly behaved tourists
  • Airbnb appealed against the legislation and while some homeowners will struggle with the lost income, other residents welcome the ban

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm planning for a trip to Penang when coming down from the Thai border. This is my first time in Penang.

Can anyone laojiao suggest a cheap and good hotel that is near interesting places ? By interesting, I mean eateries and shopping malls.

Thank you.

dont waste your time at gurney drive, the hawker food is much much better at some random roadside stall....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
his info is good. Penang seems like a good place to retire. will check out penang soon.
in ml don’t need to buy as a foreigner as minimum purchase price is rm1m for most states (rm2m for landed in johor and rm2m for all types in selangor). just rent as it’s cheap.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dont waste your time at gurney drive, the hawker food is much much better at some random roadside stall....
yalor, hawker food is better at george town, especially along kimberly and chulia street. if want to find a bunch of hawkers together for dinner, new world fark hawker center in george town is pretty good. for lunch or dinner it’s a whole bunch at new lane street food.
1698500497654.jpeg