• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious What are the implications if Singapore reduces her population to 3.5 million?

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happens if we drive out all the foreign talents and permanent resident leeches and we are left with 3.5 million citizens?

In the post CCP virus world, the world will be less globalized. Singapore's share of the trade and tourism pie will be drastically decreased. It must come to a point where we must drive out these leeches in order for citizens to have any meaningful jobs.

Of course, with our low fertility rate, our population will shrink even further to 2 million in a few decades. But isn't that even better? What are your thoughts?

My first thought:

We no longer have to build so many meaningless condominiums and HDB flats. We can even knock down some old condominiums and HDB flats to make way for green spaces. We can reduce our road networks and even the number of lanes on our expressways. Instead of taking public transport, more citizens can own cars when these leeches are gone. We don't need certificate of entitlements that bind the life span of our cars to just 10 years. We can own our cars for life!

Except that stinkyura is a grand ponzi scheme. nothing more.

you reduce stinkypura population, gdp shrinks, budget revenue and expenditure shrinks, gov't/civil service shrinks, private sector also shrinks, many MNC leaves, leaving their tier 1/2/3 etc suppliers in the red. many of these SMEs or gcc (globally competitive coy's) will fold. more bankruptcies, more suicides 14th floor. more unemployment.

at one stage, stinkypura won't have a critical enough mass to sustain much activities.

the country will fold.

on the other hand, by importing more and more foreigners, with teeny tiny landmass of stinkypura, stinkies are increasing popn density, temperature, crime, you can see already lot more crimes occuring not alwys reported by 158th.

There's only so many ppl 720 sq km can accommodate.

Malaysia/ Tunku knew stinkypura is not viable.

I'm convinced that dead old fart Harry Lee knew it too deep in his hearts although he put up a brave face.

Without a hinterland, stinkypura's future is unsustainable.

Either surrender to Malaya, or to Indonesia, or both.

Or as stinkies would say "eat sh*t and die". :biggrin:

Right now, PAP pigs are running a ponzi scheme, with no ideas that can make this scheme sustainable.

Population ponzi.

Import more CECA, ang mohs like it. All the Ang Mohs want Stinkypura more ceca-ized so that

1) tiongs are turned away by the 'aroma' from taking over stinkypura

2) so that ang mohs feel more comfy coz ang mohs have a fetish for ceca, just like whore jinx and ah loong. whore jinx and ah loong are mere slaves of their ang moh masters, not that they can make any independent decisions.

ang moh MNCs also want more CECA coz they can't the diff types/nationalities of slanties/chinks apart. they dun wan teir IP stolen by tiongs or tiong agents.

so yeah, brace yourselves for a deluge of more and more CECA.

Stinkypura habis liao. as expected.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If I am selling my HDB property then YES.
Also do you think even with population capped at 4.5mil , my HDB property price will drop by 50%??

Majority house owner is HDB but if they are investor obviously they may own a few private property too. So Yes. This group of people are greatly affected if market price drastic drop
4.5m?

Title of thread said 3.5m

Eh if cap at 3.5m I think maybe serious oversupply of flats and property.

It is all about supply and demand.

People all think oh my property why would I sell so cheap. Who so stupid sell so cheap?

But when some people desperate really no cash need to sell their flat they will let go at very low price also. Then set precedence and marked price. Supply and demand.

50% drop is cap at 3.5m population is very possible.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although you my be right or those people at temasek may think they are clever but pls do not underestimate the people at APL who bought them over, to be dense and not know what is happening in NOL.
Fact is they turned it profitable in 1 year. That still makes NYC a dunce.
How else would you convince Madam Ho to sell? :o-o:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Those owner stay in property will still ok.
Only property investor aka rich will take a hit.
Stay in property owner will not directly affected by property market price.
But the greatest loser is government income.
So that's why Pap will keep increasing the population.
This is it right here. Conning new PRs and shitizens to buy their highest margin product aka HDB flats is why they keep increasing the population.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the millenials still love the current sinkieland!

those who born in the 80s and after to them they growing up with crowded around them and it is normal bro
even my dear wife who born in 1983 she can really adapt the crowd in sg. and those who born in 2000s will be worst if they go holiday not so crowded they can go crazy asking where the crowd LOL.

for my 6 year old daughter where we live there no crowd but once we go to crowded places(in the city) she get very stress and want to go home she just like her daddy :smile:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand alright... that Singapore we grew up in and loved is gone...

for me bro honestly i can only last 3 days staying in sg to see my parent after 3 days my soul is screaming to go home(australia) i told my wife we can stay longer BUT everywhere we go we take taxi i dont want to take bus or mrt everyday for 2 weeks.
then now we try to stay in sg 3 days to see our parents and the rest of the holidays we go to other countries it is better! cheaper and happier bro!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Except that stinkyura is a grand ponzi scheme. nothing more.

you reduce stinkypura population, gdp shrinks, budget revenue and expenditure shrinks, gov't/civil service shrinks, private sector also shrinks, many MNC leaves, leaving their tier 1/2/3 etc suppliers in the red. many of these SMEs or gcc (globally competitive coy's) will fold. more bankruptcies, more suicides 14th floor. more unemployment.

at one stage, stinkypura won't have a critical enough mass to sustain much activities.

the country will fold.

on the other hand, by importing more and more foreigners, with teeny tiny landmass of stinkypura, stinkies are increasing popn density, temperature, crime, you can see already lot more crimes occuring not alwys reported by 158th.

There's only so many ppl 720 sq km can accommodate.

Malaysia/ Tunku knew stinkypura is not viable.

I'm convinced that dead old fart Harry Lee knew it too deep in his hearts although he put up a brave face.

Without a hinterland, stinkypura's future is unsustainable.

Either surrender to Malaya, or to Indonesia, or both.

Or as stinkies would say "eat sh*t and die". :biggrin:

Right now, PAP pigs are running a ponzi scheme, with no ideas that can make this scheme sustainable.

Population ponzi.

Import more CECA, ang mohs like it. All the Ang Mohs want Stinkypura more ceca-ized so that

1) tiongs are turned away by the 'aroma' from taking over stinkypura

2) so that ang mohs feel more comfy coz ang mohs have a fetish for ceca, just like whore jinx and ah loong. whore jinx and ah loong are mere slaves of their ang moh masters, not that they can make any independent decisions.

ang moh MNCs also want more CECA coz they can't the diff types/nationalities of slanties/chinks apart. they dun wan teir IP stolen by tiongs or tiong agents.

so yeah, brace yourselves for a deluge of more and more CECA.

Stinkypura habis liao. as expected.

This kind of thing is talk cock bullshit.

1) yes budget will shrink, but it does not mean less services. Budget can be easily cut in areas such as defence, from $15 billion down to $5 billion. Other very bloated ministries like MOE, MOH, etc can also be cut by 20%. So, the shrinking economy is matched by the shrinking budget properly cut in the appropriate areas.

2) Many singaporeans let go from bloated areas like MINDEATH, MOE, MFA, MOH, PSC, etc can be repositioned into areas and industries that we need.

3) Shrinking the economy is good because it allows us to target up stream value added and higher tech industries. Its useless to import 1 million low cost PRCs, and 700K low cost CECA Indians to compete with other low cost countries, we will never win that fight. Its better to leverage our education system and turn singapore into a high tech specialized manufacturer or services country, like the Swiss. U want a quality watch, u buy swiss. U want a quality banking service, u want swiss.

4) Many unemployed and underemployed singaporeans who have years of experience in their industries can be put to good use in new targeted industries. Hence it will alleviate the unemployment. When unemployment is reduce and these people make decent income, even if the value of their property goes down 50%, they are not insolvent and homeless. And they have money in their pockets.

5) "Critical Mass" is PAP talk cock bullshit to justify importing large numbers of FTs. You don't need critical mass when you are selling to the world as you are not dependent on your domestic market. If you are constraint by population size, then u just target the industries that you want and not go into everything.

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 Pulau Ubin will be used for farming
2 Outsourcing of services will stop, all will employ permanent staff
3 Pay will go up Singaporeans will enjoy fair pay and not shit wages
4 Housing will be more affordable
5 Less diseases spread, and less crime, less dengue
6 MRT will not breakdown, due to system being stressed, more comfortable rides
7 Productivity will increase, more apps and more robots to clean places etc
8 full employment for Singaporeans
9 Prices may go up, however wages will also rise
10 work life balance
11 No need to demolish old buildings to build more new housing, therefore heritage will be preserved
12 Less construction activity, therefore less pollution and dengue
13 Less stress, although Singapore growth will be reduced, however they will be the happiest people in the world

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
4.5m?

Title of thread said 3.5m

Eh if cap at 3.5m I think maybe serious oversupply of flats and property.

It is all about supply and demand.

People all think oh my property why would I sell so cheap. Who so stupid sell so cheap?

But when some people desperate really no cash need to sell their flat they will let go at very low price also. Then set precedence and marked price. Supply and demand.

50% drop is cap at 3.5m population is very possible.
Currently is our citizens numbers only 3.5mil???
Maybe we should get the actual number first.
Anyway it just a dream and I am sure you know government will keep increasing the population which actually citizens plus non citizens.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is it right here. Conning new PRs and shitizens to buy their highest margin product aka HDB flats is why they keep increasing the population.
It is not con job.
You have a choice but then limited one.
If you opt to stay in Singapore then still need a home either purchase or rental .....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It is not con job.
You have a choice but then limited one.
If you opt to stay in Singapore then still need a home either purchase or rental .....
If you build the flat for $100K, and then resell it for $500K, and then make sure the buyer has to buy from you, its a con.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk about selling of HDB flat.(if we want to make HDB slat affordable again)

there a way those who already owned the hdb flats they can only sell and buy those around the same price range so that let say i live in marsiling and my flat cost $300K i can sell to those who got flat the the same value in other part of singapore this way there no win or no lose for both party.

for newly wed couple they can buy a fixed price new HDB flat starting from $100K 2room,$150K 3room,$200K 4room, $250K 5room.

this way in future when they get old they dont have to push trolley collecting boxes to buy food for the day and they can retire at 55 year old gracefully.

well this is only my 2 cent i never study high(highest i have is night class N level malay and english) so my thinking not so good.
cheers!

Last edited:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of thing is talk cock bullshit.

1) yes budget will shrink, but it does not mean less services. Budget can be easily cut in areas such as defence, from $15 billion down to $5 billion. Other very bloated ministries like MOE, MOH, etc can also be cut by 20%. So, the shrinking economy is matched by the shrinking budget properly cut in the appropriate areas.

2) Many singaporeans let go from bloated areas like MINDEATH, MOE, MFA, MOH, PSC, etc can be repositioned into areas and industries that we need.

3) Shrinking the economy is good because it allows us to target up stream value added and higher tech industries. Its useless to import 1 million low cost PRCs, and 700K low cost CECA Indians to compete with other low cost countries, we will never win that fight. Its better to leverage our education system and turn singapore into a high tech specialized manufacturer or services country, like the Swiss. U want a quality watch, u buy swiss. U want a quality banking service, u want swiss.

4) Many unemployed and underemployed singaporeans who have years of experience in their industries can be put to good use in new targeted industries. Hence it will alleviate the unemployment. When unemployment is reduce and these people make decent income, even if the value of their property goes down 50%, they are not insolvent and homeless. And they have money in their pockets.

5) "Critical Mass" is PAP talk cock bullshit to justify importing large numbers of FTs. You don't need critical mass when you are selling to the world as you are not dependent on your domestic market. If you are constraint by population size, then u just target the industries that you want and not go into everything.

well said and totally agree with u bro!

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro i believe why they willing to pay and buy very expensive HDB price of two reason

1. to wash away their dirty money and make it clean

2. they are very street smart they buy and when the time comes they spring board to another better country or went back to their original country they sell off the HDB and collect all their CPF they can already retire gracefully and rich.