• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious What are the implications if Singapore reduces her population to 3.5 million?

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
for me bro honestly i can only last 3 days staying in sg to see my parent after 3 days my soul is screaming to go home(australia) i told my wife we can stay longer BUT everywhere we go we take taxi i dont want to take bus or mrt everyday for 2 weeks.
then now we try to stay in sg 3 days to see our parents and the rest of the holidays we go to other countries it is better! cheaper and happier bro!
You’re like my wife and I. When we go to Singapore to see my parents, we take taxi everywhere since the MRT is always packed now. About open spaces... home was Australia for awhile, but I left before they opened up the country to more Asian emigration. Many of my Malaysian cousins emigrated there after I emigrated from there to North America.

Singapore was good in the 1980s. In the late 1970s and early 1980s I had a lot of fun playing in the construction site of what is now Clementi New Town! Lots of jungle then, lots of space.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You’re like my wife and I. When we go to Singapore to see my parents, we take taxi everywhere since the MRT is always packed now. About open spaces... home was Australia for awhile, but I left before they opened up the country to more Asian emigration. Many of my Malaysian cousins emigrated there after I emigrated from there to North America.

Singapore was good in the 1980s. In the late 1970s and early 1980s I had a lot of fun playing in the construction site of what is now Clementi New Town! Lots of jungle then, lots of space.

bro after being born and lived in singapore and after we left to another country or countries it seem that anywhere is far better then singapore.
some may agree and disagree with me. but to me this is how i feel and experience after i left singapore for good. :smile:

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro after being born and lived in singapore and after we left to another country or countries it seem that anywhere is far better then singapore.
some may agree and disagree with me. but to me this is how i feel and experience after i left singapore for good. :smile:
The only thing I miss about Singapore is the hawker food. In Melbourne, you have a decent chance of finding relatively ok SE Asian food, but where I am, no such luck...

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
western countries place citizen concerns above anything else. Singapore, economic data overides what the people want. thats the difference.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing I miss about Singapore is the hawker food. In Melbourne, you have a decent chance of finding relatively ok SE Asian food, but where I am, no such luck...

yes bro there quite a lot of asian restaurant i am fortunate if i want to eat malaysian restaurant i have to drive 20min and if i feel like eating hongkong food i drive 3 min :smile:
and i agree with u the only thing i miss in sg are food, parent, relatives, and very few good friends :smile:
other then that nothing bro i miss more JB then singapore lol

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
western countries place citizen concerns above anything else. Singapore, economic data overides what the people want. thats the difference.

u are right bro!
because the goverment in western countries knows their place they are there to serve the people and if they dosent perforn they will be kick out.
just look at Australia now and then we change goverment and still Australia dosent fall and the people are happy always :smile:
trust me i also happy bro :smile:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was in Taiping/Ipoh/Penang area last year. Those places feel like Singapore was when we were younger. If you haven’t gone there recently, you might want to go!

i hope to go there bro!!!!!
but my wife want to spent more time with her parent i try to persuade her 1 week in sg and another week in Malaysia then i can really enjoy bro
!!! :smile: