• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Using western name to hide her country of birth

mehmeh55

Alfrescian
Loyal
mehmeh..y so worked up..everyone here is free to express their view...juz take it like a pinch of salt...

I firmly believe that O levels drop outs and illiterate brain dead idiots should not be allowed to use the internet without higher supervision. :oIo:

championplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having an English name in Singapore is a given since most people have one and the first language of Singaporeans is English.

NO...an english name is not a given. Prior to independence before PAP implemented English as a first language medium of instruction, most Chinese except for those angmoh wannabes and christians only have their names romanised. The Brits then have ruled Singapore for more than a hundred years. First language naturally means the mother tongue except for spore where the mother tongue is not the mother tongue and the first language is not the mother tongue!
Confusing?

championplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
And since you are at it, maybe you can ask the Americans why they speak English and assign themselves names in English as well, since 80% of them are not of English ancestry but German, Polish, Dutch, etc.

It is precisely because they are from so many ancestries and diverse that they can't dominate. Only one major group of people, the english speaking was able to do so. But now the hispanic population has become the 2nd largest and Spanish is starting to spread its influence. And do you know English is not the national language of USA officially?

championplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think my ancestors would love for me to take up a Singaporean ("English") name. After all, they hated China so much they couldn't wait to get out of it and they travelled halfway round the way to Singapore. They were the ones who chose to become Singaporean over Chinese, and I would be proud to continue that legacy - English name, speaking English, eating Prata, loving Durian and all, like a true blue son of Singapore!

And just to make it clear to your demented head, I am not even Chinese so you are barking up the wrong trees.

Singaporeans need a visa just to go to China.

If you are not of Chinese ancestry who the hell give you the right to say what the Chinese ancestors would or would not want their descendants to do? And what do you know about the early Chinese who came here to make a living. Zilch! Most of them came here to work because of famines and wars at home so that can save enough to go back and lead a better life. They did not hate China, but many got stuck here after the Communists took over but continue to send money home. They even contributed to war funds even though they had little to eat. So don't spew rubbish and embarrass yourself.

And NO Singaporeans don't need a visa to go China. They automatically get 15 days of visit on arrival.

Last edited:

mehmeh55

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are not of Chinese ancestry who the hell give you the right to say what the Chinese ancestors would or would not want their descendants to do? And what do you know about the early Chinese who came here to make a living. Zilch! Most of them came here to work because of famines and wars at home so that can save enough to go back and lead a better life. They did not hate China, but many got stuck here after the Communists took over but continue to send money home. They even contributed to war funds even though they had little to eat. So don't spew rubbish and embarrass yourself.

And NO Singaporeans don't need a visa to go China. They automatically get 15 days of visit on arrival.

I am of mostly Chinese ancestry. And I know darn well that my ancestors left China, and gave up their Chinese citizenship for a Singaporean one. They chose Singapore over China because they did not want to be Chinese, they wanted to be Singaporean.

They were not stuck here. They could have gone back to China any time they wanted to. No one forced them to take up Singapore citizenship and give up their Chinese citizenship. No one could force them. They did so willingly, after much prior thought. They threw away their Chinese citizenship and took up a Singapore citizenship. They did not want to be Chinese, they wanted to be Singaporean. They gave up their right to set foot in China without a visa forever. They wanted to severe their links with China. They wanted to be far far away from China.

The ones who sent money did so to help feed their relatives. They sent money not because they wanted to be Chinese but because of kinship. If they could, many of them would bring their relatives out of China to a far far away land and get them to renounce their Chinese citizenship as well for a Singaporean one.

Save your bullshit for your own wet dreams stupid illiterate trash.

Last edited:

championplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am of mostly Chinese ancestry. And I know darn well that my ancestors left China, and gave up their Chinese citizenship for a Singaporean one. They chose Singapore over China because they did not want to be Chinese, they wanted to be Singaporean.

They were not stuck here. They could have gone back to China any time they wanted to. No one forced them to take up Singapore citizenship and give up their Chinese citizenship. No one could force them. They did so willingly, after much prior thought. They threw away their Chinese citizenship and took up a Singapore citizenship. They did not want to be Chinese, they wanted to be Singaporean. They gave up their right to set foot in China without a visa forever. They wanted to severe their links with China. They wanted to be far far away from China.

The ones who sent money did so to help feed their relatives. They sent money not because they wanted to be Chinese but because of kinship. If they could, many of them would bring their relatives out of China to a far far away land and get them to renounce their Chinese citizenship as well for a Singaporean one.

Save your bullshit for your own wet dreams stupid illiterate trash.

At first you said you are not Chinese, now you say you are 'mostly Chinese'. What the hell does that mean? To me it means you are chap cheng kia! What the hell does a chap cheng kia knows about being Chinese, the psyche of the diaspora. Your Chinese ancestor who bore you probably are turning in their graves because of you a 'bo jing chor'. If you don't know what it means, I'm not surprised. You probably don't know a bullshit when you see one. Want to know what it looks like, look in the mirror!

mehmeh55

Alfrescian
Loyal
At first you said you are not Chinese, now you say you are 'mostly Chinese'. What the hell does that mean? To me it means you are chap cheng kia! What the hell does a chap cheng kia knows about being Chinese, the psyche of the diaspora. Your Chinese ancestor who bore you probably are turning in their graves because of you a 'bo jing chor'. If you don't know what it means, I'm not surprised. You probably don't know a bullshit when you see one. Want to know what it looks like, look in the mirror!

Still spewing :rolleyes:

Last edited: