• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TTSH A and E also throw towel

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Why they keep going A&E? Is the visit free if it is covid?

Reminds me of thise NSF army boys checking into A&E on Sundays.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why they keep going A&E? Is the visit free if it is covid?

Reminds me of thise NSF army boys checking into A&E on Sundays.
Thanks to some administrative mistake by some fool of a MOH clerk I had to do 2 rotations in the A&E

Therefore I have the authority to proclaim only 10% of our local A&E cases are true genuine emergencies

The remaining 90% are fuckwits who go overwhelm the facility with simple issues that can easily be handled by any pharmacist or GP

Pimple outbreak , forgot to remove contact lens, ate chicken but thought swallowed fish bone , top up medicine , and of course your NSF on Sundays

My good colleague at KTPH even told me the A&E functions as a health screening center for the community of PRCs around there. For the fixed price they pay they get blood diagnostics and even CT scan done. Not a bad deal for people not eligible for subsidy . And the hospital is happy to earn that money .

In spite of elite school education and Dr Google Sinkies are remarkably quick to panic and think every fuck symptom is a dire emergency . And decades of efforts by the hospitals have not improved anything

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My good colleague at KTPH even told me the A&E functions as a health screening center for the community of PRCs around there. For the fixed price they pay they get blood diagnostics and even CT scan done.
KNN your good colleague lied to you KNN the fixed price $122 is onlee for standard blood panel and xray for ctscan is a separate charges non medisave &/or insurance leeductable about $600 KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thanks to some administrative mistake by some fool of a MOH clerk I had to do 2 rotations in the A&E

Therefore I have the authority to proclaim only 10% of our local A&E cases are true genuine emergencies

The remaining 90% are fuckwits who go overwhelm the facility with simple issues that can easily be handled by any pharmacist or GP

Pimple outbreak , forgot to remove contact lens, ate chicken but thought swallowed fish bone , top up medicine , and of course your NSF on Sundays

My good colleague at KTPH even told me the A&E functions as a health screening center for the community of PRCs around there. For the fixed price they pay they get blood diagnostics and even CT scan done. Not a bad deal for people not eligible for subsidy . And the hospital is happy to earn that money .

In spite of elite school education and Dr Google Sinkies are remarkably quick to panic and think every fuck symptom is a dire emergency . And decades of efforts by the hospitals have not improved anything
It is the same problem even in Canada.

So it is not unique to Singapore and Singaporeans.

It is human nature.

Go to any A&E or ED in the world they will tell you the same.

Lay people lah. What you expect? They know nuts about medicine. Similarly some very sick people refuse to go to ED as well and die. But we dont hear of those cases but they happen too.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
KNN your good colleague lied to you KNN the fixed price $122 is onlee for standard blood panel and xray for ctscan is a separate charges non medisave &/or insurance leeductable about $600 KNN
So now can choose to get other tests not on A&E panel but must pay more.

I say that's smart. Can earn more money why not?

I suspect though that the drs may have a hard time because they migt question WHY THE MRI OR CT SCAN NOT CONSIDERED MEDICALLY NEEDED?

Cos if dr say needed then no need pay extra right? Or if need special tests that are needed also no need pay.

So perhaps both of you are correct.

Admin clever say hey they want can....pay extra lor.

On the ground patirnt kpkb till cows come home argue and bang table until dr say ok lah ok lah i just write is medically needed you dont write in to complain can?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now can choose to get other tests not on A&E panel but must pay more.

I say that's smart. Can earn more money why not?

I suspect though that the drs may have a hard time because they migt question WHY THE MRI OR CT SCAN NOT CONSIDERED MEDICALLY NEEDED?

Cos if dr say needed then no need pay extra right? Or if need special tests that are needed also no need pay.

So perhaps both of you are correct.

Admin clever say hey they want can....pay extra lor.

On the ground patirnt kpkb till cows come home argue and bang table until dr say ok lah ok lah i just write is medically needed you dont write in to complain can?
If after ctscan need to be warded then no need pay extra upfront KNN final bill to be charged to insurance &/or medisave KNN if can leescharge then go counter pay $122+$600=$722 and kpkb KNN some people know this so they leequest to be warded KNN

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If after ctscan need to be warded then no need pay extra upfront KNN final bill to be charged to insurance &/or medisave KNN if can leescharge then go counter pay $122+$600=$722 and kpkb KNN some people know this so they leequest to be warded KNN
Thanks for the info. for my next checkup. :thumbsup:

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
for once you said something intelligent KNN

the only stupid idiots that don't understand this is insurance KNN KNN

if they got rid of this dumb ridiculous rule they will save more money but they are too retarded to do the math KNN KNN KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Many people know lah.

Thats why sometimes patients are admitted because of that reason but on A&E side they will find some other reason for admission or get senior drs from A&E to speak to senior drs in ward. Help each other out.

Lots of politics involved. Some depts not on good terms with A&E.

In the end no one wants complaints. So patient complaining is a very powerful tool.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info. for my next checkup. :thumbsup:

If you need radiological imaging just ask your doctor to admit you. Any private doctor can find any number of reasons to admit you

Once done just say you feel OK liao and go home.

As far as insurance algorithm goes you have been admitted so they will pay. What they failed to understand is that they paid for a room on top of the CT scan/MRI

Idiots

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If you need radiological imaging just ask your doctor to admit you. Any private doctor can find any number of reasons to admit you

Once done just say you feel OK liao and go home.

As far as insurance algorithm goes you have been admitted so they will pay. What they failed to understand is that they paid for a room on top of the CT scan/MRI

Idiots
Actually all of the algorithms for insurance and payment involve the Dr as the gatekeeper.

But remember patient autonomy? Lol!

Actually putting Dr as gatekeeper is not fair given the fact that we all abide by patient autonomy.

It places undue pressure on doctors.

Ordering a CT scan certainly doesnt cause much harm to any patient and in fact helps exclude any serious conditions or picks it up. More info the better. But cost.

So how? You ask Dr practice with $$$ on his list of concerns? But then if miss something didnt do CT scan then is Dr no good why never do scan? Especially when patient exercise autonomy and say he NEEDS the scan!

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually all of the algorithms for insurance and payment involve the Dr as the gatekeeper.

But remember patient autonomy? Lol!

Actually putting Dr as gatekeeper is not fair given the fact that we all abide by patient autonomy.

It places undue pressure on doctors.

Ordering a CT scan certainly doesnt cause much harm to any patient and in fact helps exclude any serious conditions or picks it up. More info the better. But cost.

So how? You ask Dr practice with $$$ on his list of concerns? But then if miss something didnt do CT scan then is Dr no good why never do scan? Especially when patient exercise autonomy and say he NEEDS the scan!
More importantly the point is this:

Many patients do legitimately require a CT scan or MRI but insurance will not pay . Because they don't want over-consumption .

But based on their fuzzy logic if a patient is admitted it must be serious so then they will pay

But many conditions can now be managed as outpatient and the G encourages it. Saves cost.

So the only way to circumnavigate this insurance red tape bullshit is to admit the patient and do the investigation. Patient interest comes first. Plus covering our backside second. Save cost for insurance so that they can pay themselves a fucking big year end bonus is a distant third

And do the math. Vast majority of policy holders diligently pay their annual premium . One $900 CT scan is going to make Insurance lose money ? But $900 + $300 lodging won't. Fucking idiots KNN KNN KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
More importantly the point is this:

Many patients do legitimately require a CT scan or MRI but insurance will not pay . Because they don't want over-consumption .

But based on their fuzzy logic if a patient is admitted it must be serious so then they will pay

But many conditions can now be managed as outpatient and the G encourages it. Saves cost.

So the only way to circumnavigate this insurance red tape bullshit is to admit the patient and do the investigation. Patient interest comes first. Plus covering our backside second. Save cost for insurance so that they can pay themselves a fucking big year end bonus is a distant third

And do the math. Vast majority of policy holders diligently pay their annual premium . One $900 CT scan is going to make Insurance lose money ? But $900 + $300 lodging won't. Fucking idiots KNN KNN KNN
I agree.

Thats one of the things I hated about practicing in Singapore. All this $$$ stuff. I recommend need this test. Patient says oh I dont want. Is it because dont want to do it or cannot afford it? Sometimes both. So convinced them to have the test then cannot afford. How?

Not everyone has private insurance either.

So a lot of time wasted is arguing about money in the consult room. I think it is a waste of time.

On the other hand in Canada if you have universal coverage and all tests are allowed and covered for then you get jokers (typically asian) asking go do all the tests when they have no problem.

It is the dumb people that cause the problems. I even tell them hey if you want to have a scan you at least need to have a problem eg pain or discomfort or feeling of bloatedness or lump something then I can order it.

The dumb guys in Canada will still say but I have no problem at all!

Sigh.

Smart one just say got some pain lah.

I had one patient said needed to have ultrasound abdomen as part of his pre employment checkup to be posted to Dubai by his China oil company from Canada.

I told him hey i cant order the scan using public funds. Your company shoudl pay. He said his companu wont pay cos they told him in Canada healthcare is free. I told him if you got some problem? Pain anywhere? He says no. So i told him sorry you got to pay lor. So he paid.

Then ultrasoudn came back saying he had a mass in his right kidney.

Renal tumour. He asked me can the fees for the scan be refunded to him?

I wrote to the imaging clinic to plead his case. I think they refunded him.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once they say i charge double if yours a negative all cases end. You stir the fears of dumb balless sinkies now every little thing they will go a&e