• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TTSH A and E also throw towel

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.

Thats one of the things I hated about practicing in Singapore. All this $$$ stuff. I recommend need this test. Patient says oh I dont want. Is it because dont want to do it or cannot afford it? Sometimes both. So convinced them to have the test then cannot afford. How?

Not everyone has private insurance either.

So a lot of time wasted is arguing about money in the consult room. I think it is a waste of time.

On the other hand in Canada if you have universal coverage and all tests are allowed and covered for then you get jokers (typically asian) asking go do all the tests when they have no problem.

It is the dumb people that cause the problems. I even tell them hey if you want to have a scan you at least need to have a problem eg pain or discomfort or feeling of bloatedness or lump something then I can order it.

The dumb guys in Canada will still say but I have no problem at all!

Sigh.

Smart one just say got some pain lah.

I had one patient said needed to have ultrasound abdomen as part of his pre employment checkup to be posted to Dubai by his China oil company from Canada.

I told him hey i cant order the scan using public funds. Your company shoudl pay. He said his companu wont pay cos they told him in Canada healthcare is free. I told him if you got some problem? Pain anywhere? He says no. So i told him sorry you got to pay lor. So he paid.

Then ultrasoudn came back saying he had a mass in his right kidney.

Renal tumour. He asked me can the fees for the scan be refunded to him?

I wrote to the imaging clinic to plead his case. I think they refunded him.
that guy is a ti gong kia. anyhow order a scan against your professional opinion end up really got something. luckily discover early

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you think?

Feedback.png

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It is true. Doctors have no power is a nicer way of saying

DOCTORS ARE FUCKING SLAVES WORKING LIKE SHIT AND DOING THEIR BEST AND NOBODY FUCKING CARES BECAUSE ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEMSELVES.

People all selfish lah. Every patient want to be seen quickly cos their problems are most serious and important compared to others. Nobody wants to pay.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’m still using an old iPhone 5, or is it 5SE? can’t remember anyway.
how i wish i can be like you. i also dunno how i use one so easy spoil (stupid samsung phone really dun last). this time round i buy a top end spec will try take real care of it so it last me 5 to 6 years....

my previous iphone 7 was good till one day it just short circuit keep connect to malaysia network. if not i do not think i will change to my current note10.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal

DOCTORS ARE FUCKING SLAVES WORKING LIKE SHIT AND DOING THEIR BEST AND NOBODY FUCKING CARES BECAUSE ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEMSELVES.

People all selfish lah. Every patient want to be seen quickly cos their problems are most serious and important compared to others. Nobody wants to pay.
You sound very dejected and downtrodden
Everybody is born slave on planet earth. Doctors are not at the bottom of the ladder they are still well respected. I know how you feel because of some unreasonable patients but that's not the end of your journey. Many regrets maybe but it could had been worst if you had stayed in Singapore. It's all a guessing game nothing is permanent except death. Everyone is selfish in varying degree but as a doctor you are better off than many others who breathe the same air. Public service will be better if feedbacks are taken seriously and it doesn't need much power to bring them over to a meeting table.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who asks Mr Mark Limn not to have private insurance and go seek treatment in fancy private hospitals?

Freshly brewed cappuccino and a copy of the Robb Report while you wait . Time flies while you flirt with the gorgeous recently retrenched SIA cabin crew now working as a receptionist with the clinic .

serve Mr Mark Limn right . His feedback will be used to wipe the hospital COO’s backside

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

You sound very dejected and downtrodden
Everybody is born slave on planet earth. Doctors are not at the bottom of the ladder they are still well respected. I know how you feel because of some unreasonable patients but that's not the end of your journey. Many regrets maybe but it could had been worst if you had stayed in Singapore. It's all a guessing game nothing is permanent except death. Everyone is selfish in varying degree but as a doctor you are better off than many others who breathe the same air. Public service will be better if feedbacks are taken seriously and it doesn't need much power to bring them over to a meeting table.
You are wrong.

Young drs might try this at the beginning. They might also fall for the "I want feedback" "Are there any problems" line from the heads.

Truth is nobody wants to hear about problems that have no solutions. And often these people who always raise problems will get bad performance ratings. Lose out in promotion and training spots. Dont get bonus also.

As a young doctor I made this mistake myself. Give feedback. Tried to suggest ways to improve. But you see.....that's not my job. And that's not what the hospital hires me to do. And I learned this the hard way.

Doctors have no power period. If you don't like it, try complaining to hospital admin. I did learn a trick was to pretend that I had power. I would tell patients yes yes yes I agree. This is very bad. Ok I am going to write you a letter/note to support your unhappiness and feedback. I need you to take the letter and give to the customer service counter and say you are not happy abotu XYZ and got letter from Dr to support.

Remember your power in patient autonomy. Exercise it. Drs have no power that is the truth. A smart Dr will pretend he has and write you a letter. That's about as much as they can do.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...are-exert-your-patient-autonomy-2018050713784

Patient autonomy: The right of patients to make decisions about their medical care without their health care provider trying to influence the decision. Patient autonomy does allow for health care providers to educate the patient but does not allow the health care provider to make the decision for the patient.

This is a fight that the patients have to make themselves.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are wrong.

Young drs might try this at the beginning. They might also fall for the "I want feedback" "Are there any problems" line from the heads.

Truth is nobody wants to hear about problems that have no solutions. And often these people who always raise problems will get bad performance ratings. Lose out in promotion and training spots. Dont get bonus also.

As a young doctor I made this mistake myself. Give feedback. Tried to suggest ways to improve. But you see.....that's not my job. And that's not what the hospital hires me to do. And I learned this the hard way.

Doctors have no power period. If you don't like it, try complaining to hospital admin. I did learn a trick was to pretend that I had power. I would tell patients yes yes yes I agree. This is very bad. Ok I am going to write you a letter/note to support your unhappiness and feedback. I need you to take the letter and give to the customer service counter and say you are not happy abotu XYZ and got letter from Dr to support.

Remember your power in patient autonomy. Exercise it. Drs have no power that is the truth. A smart Dr will pretend he has and write you a letter. That's about as much as they can do.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...are-exert-your-patient-autonomy-2018050713784

Patient autonomy: The right of patients to make decisions about their medical care without their health care provider trying to influence the decision. Patient autonomy does allow for health care providers to educate the patient but does not allow the health care provider to make the decision for the patient.

This is a fight that the patients have to make themselves.
I see, so the problem is not with the doctor. It's the fucked up bureaucratic system

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who asks Mr Mark Limn not to have private insurance and go seek treatment in fancy private hospitals?

Freshly brewed cappuccino and a copy of the Robb Report while you wait . Time flies while you flirt with the gorgeous recently retrenched SIA cabin crew now working as a receptionist with the clinic .

serve Mr Mark Limn right . His feedback will be used to wipe the hospital COO’s backside
How nice if everybody is rich like you.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I see, so the problem is not with the doctor. It's the fucked up bureaucratic system

You must understand how hospital and clinic admin view drs. What level of job.

Drs are like frontline staff.

You know like bank teller. Customer service counter staff. Nail manicure.

Lowest level. But necessary.

Drs not really supposed to go question management higher level and tell them how to run the business.

Can you understand where I am going with this?

For example if someone felt strongly about something in a big company they dont go to the lowest level people to complain thinking things will change do they? Spare the low level people lah.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doctor's live not so easy after all but at least he saved people's life. Kenna sandwiched from top and bottom. Lawyer and politician the best? Tell the best lie even the judge believed whereas politician keep repeating until it becomes true.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctor's live not so easy after all but at least he saved people's life. Kenna sandwiched from top and bottom. Lawyer and politician the best? Tell the best lie even the judge believed whereas politician keep repeating until it becomes true.

Lawyers have power. True power. Judges too. Politicians also because they make laws.

Most drs dont really save lives everyday lah.

Many attend to people with symptoms, discomfort, pain, fever, and we try to relieve the discomfort and symptoms, find the root cause if possible and treat it so the symptoms will go away.

Even if work at A&E depends where you are stationed in the A&E. Most of the patients are seen as P3. P1 area not so many. P1 yes can save lives but even then not so frequent patient come in and code blue in the A&E that kind of thing one lah.

Often will ask ourselves hmm so I did this for him.....does help reduce his risk of dying but was he gonna die if never do anything? Also not qutie sure lah.

Savings someone's life is NOT a power when it is not something you can withhold or restrict and is your OBLIGATION. Rightly so doctors should NOT have the power to decide if someone life should be or should not be saved. They should try to save everyone.
Hence you can see Doctors have no power. The saving lives bit is a total expectation! If you dont save the life people get ANGRY! WHY? How come die? WTF?

Whereas with judges you dont EXPECT anything. Judge decides. Lawyers argue the case. This is true power.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya can't agree more about lawyers, judges and politicians having absolute power.

But I respect this gentleman. He's so powerful even Interpol has no idea how many politicians he has in his pocket

merlin_146179908_b515dac5-efe3-441a-86c2-c232358a5685-articleLarge.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Ya can't agree more about lawyers, judges and politicians having absolute power.

But I respect this gentleman. He's so powerful even Interpol has no idea how many politicians he has in his pocket

View attachment 123287
If he was a Dr he would be struck off the register. Told to pay costs of his hearing as well.

Then have to find some other kind of work.

Good that he is not a Dr.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to some administrative mistake by some fool of a MOH clerk I had to do 2 rotations in the A&E

Therefore I have the authority to proclaim only 10% of our local A&E cases are true genuine emergencies

The remaining 90% are fuckwits who go overwhelm the facility with simple issues that can easily be handled by any pharmacist or GP

Pimple outbreak , forgot to remove contact lens, ate chicken but thought swallowed fish bone , top up medicine , and of course your NSF on Sundays

My good colleague at KTPH even told me the A&E functions as a health screening center for the community of PRCs around there. For the fixed price they pay they get blood diagnostics and even CT scan done. Not a bad deal for people not eligible for subsidy . And the hospital is happy to earn that money .

In spite of elite school education and Dr Google Sinkies are remarkably quick to panic and think every fuck symptom is a dire emergency . And decades of efforts by the hospitals have not improved anything
sinkies and tiongs are fuckwit abusers of a&e, but at least tiongs know how to game the system. ceca nehs will also learn how to game the system quickly. over in kaiser, a $200 co-pay is imposed on all members for all emergency ward visits to ward off fuckwits like in sg. 1 little finger cut, $200. a headache, $200. lanjiao pain, $200. gum bleed, $200. constipation buay pang sai, $200.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
sinkies and tiongs are fuckwit abusers of a&e, but at least tiongs know how to game the system. ceca nehs will also learn how to game the system quickly. over in kaiser, a $200 co-pay is imposed on all members for all emergency ward visits to ward off fuckwits like in sg. 1 little finger cut, $200. a headache, $200. lanjiao pain, $200. gum bleed, $200. constipation buay pang sai, $200.
Thats same as Sg.

Canada is free for all that at A&E if you PR or citizen

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

private hospitals also have their share of improperly trained staff with questionable medical procedures and practice. i was accompanying a patient in vip room in a private hospital when nurse showed up and requested to do usual blood pressure test. after wrapping one arm with cuff, clipping finger, and inflating cuff followed by deflating, i immediately knew the nurse wasn’t well trained and was taking down incorrect measurements. details, details, details. after she left, told the senior nurse the mistakes, and she acknowledged and agreed. senior nurse is a sinkie while rookie nurse is a foreigner. sg needs to train more local nurses with stringent coursework and utmost professional instruction and supervision. best docs at a premium private hospital can be compromised by cheap 3rd world medical staff and nursing assistants.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
private hospitals also have their share of improperly trained staff with questionable medical procedures and practice. i was accompanying a patient in vip room in a private hospital when nurse showed up and requested to do usual blood pressure test. after wrapping one arm with cuff, clipping finger, and inflating cuff followed by deflating, i immediately knew the nurse wasn’t well trained and was taking down incorrect measurements. details, details, details. after she left, told the senior nurse the mistakes, and she acknowledged and agreed. senior nurse is a sinkie while rookie nurse is a foreigner. sg needs to train more local nurses with stringent coursework and utmost professional instruction and supervision. best docs at a premium private hospital can be compromised by cheap 3rd world medical staff and nursing assistants.
Nobody cares lah. Unfortunately.