• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TTSH A and E also throw towel

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
private hospitals also have their share of improperly trained staff with questionable medical procedures and practice. i was accompanying a patient in vip room in a private hospital when nurse showed up and requested to do usual blood pressure test. after wrapping one arm with cuff, clipping finger, and inflating cuff followed by deflating, i immediately knew the nurse wasn’t well trained and was taking down incorrect measurements. details, details, details. after she left, told the senior nurse the mistakes, and she acknowledged and agreed. senior nurse is a sinkie while rookie nurse is a foreigner. sg needs to train more local nurses with stringent coursework and utmost professional instruction and supervision. best docs at a premium private hospital can be compromised by cheap 3rd world medical staff and nursing assistants.
Which local will want to take up nursing as a career? In Singapore it’s a dead end job.

Even if a smart local were to enrol in nursing school, they use the diploma as a springboard to another industry. Pharmaceuticals, accounting, paralegal , you name it.

after the smart ones leave only the dumb ones are left behind . Then they por LP and get promoted to ADON or DON. And then implement retarded policies to make nursing even more hopeless as a career.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
How nice if everybody is rich like you.
Basic private healthcare insurance is reasonably accessible to everyone

you probably have it too. It’s just your lazy agent didn’t explain to you. Just take your annual premium and then jump ship to another insurance company

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which local will want to take up nursing as a career? In Singapore it’s a dead end job.

Even if a smart local were to enrol in nursing school, they use the diploma as a springboard to another industry. Pharmaceuticals, accounting, paralegal , you name it.

after the smart ones leave only the dumb ones are left behind . Then they por LP and get promoted to ADON or DON. And then implement retarded policies to make nursing even more hopeless as a career.
(medical) ns registration for all sinkie women when they reach 16.9 years and 16.9 months full time ns when they reach 18. cheap conscripted local nurses without the need to recruit from 3rd world cuntries. i’ve been an advocate since 2016.9.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must understand how hospital and clinic admin view drs. What level of job.

Drs are like frontline staff.

You know like bank teller. Customer service counter staff. Nail manicure.

Lowest level. But necessary.

Drs not really supposed to go question management higher level and tell them how to run the business.

Can you understand where I am going with this?

For example if someone felt strongly about something in a big company they dont go to the lowest level people to complain thinking things will change do they? Spare the low level people lah.
true. hospitals are plagued with idiotic administrators who only want to hit KPI and then get the fuck out of healthcare and go on to finance or defence or something more glamourous

they implement shit just to make themselves look good and treat feedback from us with disdain and contempt

I spent my entire career fighting them. But they are still around . KNN KNN KNN KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
true. hospitals are plagued with idiotic administrators who only want to hit KPI and then get the fuck out of healthcare and go on to finance or defence or something more glamourous

they implement shit just to make themselves look good and treat feedback from us with disdain and contempt

I spent my entire career fighting them. But they are still around . KNN KNN KNN KNN
Did you ever win?:wink::wink:

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
(medical) ns registration for all sinkie women when they reach 16.9 years and 16.9 months full time ns when they reach 18. cheap conscripted local nurses without the need to recruit from 3rd world cuntries. i’ve been an advocate since 2016.9.
This has been discussed at the highest level before

unfortunately nursing is different from shooting blanks from a SAR 21 and singing marching songs . it will take at least 3 years to train a basic SRN.

another suggestion was for them to do nursing aide job . Serve food. Clean bedpan . Wash patients . Somehow this wasn’t taken up. Maybe because they worry some resentful anti NS woman will purposely sabotage something

obvious solution is to treat nurses like true professionals so standards will improve . Better pay and career path and recognition . But the dumb shit senior nurses at the top don’t want. They got to where they are by hanging around long enough and blowing the CMB and Div Chair . Why should they rock the boat ?

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you ever win?:wink::wink:
Never . They always have the upper hand because they spend all day in the board room sucking the CEO’s pecker

i challenged one to come to the ward at 2 am and see if his half assed clerking format can be done in the real world by exhausted HOs and he refused

needs his beauty sleep

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

unfortunately nursing is different from shooting blanks from a SAR 21 and singing marching songs . it will take at least 3 years to train a basic SRN.

another suggestion was for them to do nursing aide job . Serve food. Clean bedpan . Wash patients . Somehow this wasn’t taken up. Maybe because they worry some resentful anti NS woman will purposely sabotage something

obvious solution is to treat nurses like true professionals so standards will improve . Better pay and career path and recognition . But the dumb shit senior nurses at the top don’t want. They got to where they are by hanging around long enough and blowing the CMB and Div Chair . Why should they rock the boat ?
then how the hell NSlave like me go through just a 9 months course got throw into attachment also do those stuff lol.....make us damn worry the few nights before attached to hospital or ambulance. scare cos of us sleeping through the course our ability really kill someone.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
then how the hell NSlave like me go through just a 9 months course got throw into attachment also do those stuff lol.....make us damn worry the few nights before attached to hospital or ambulance. scare cos of us sleeping through the course our ability really kill someone.
Operational requirement . national defence supersedes everything.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

include reservist and in-hospital training (instead of ict) for at least 6.9 years after ord for few weeks per year, and that will train them long enough in clinical assignments. moreover, yearly refresher or iht will only help to keep them updated. with numbers, the burnt out factor is reduced. professional nurses should be paid like regulars in the saf or even better for retention.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey, thanks for fighting on our behalf but for fucks sake please don't give up

So there is a war between doctors and the administration
Does the heath minister know about this?

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal

of course he does . this has been going on for decades

but the minister is not bothered. His job is policy . Not to adjudicate.

as long as the peasants are reasonably satisfied and will vote for PAP he is happy

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course he does . this has been going on for decades

but the minister is not bothered. His job is policy . Not to adjudicate.

as long as the peasants are reasonably satisfied and will vote for PAP he is happy
WTF he knows and not bothered by it? What kind of a FUCKING MINISTER we have?

He doesn't need to adjudicate all he needs to do is get them together and say, hey look I don't want to hear any more bickering from within and complaints from the public about the shits we have here. Do your best and stop the wrangling on who has more power here.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF he knows and not bothered by it? What kind of a FUCKING MINISTER we have?

He doesn't need to adjudicate all he needs to do is get them together and say, hey look I don't want to hear any more bickering from within and complaints from the public about the shits we have here. Do your best and stop the wrangling on who has more power here.
the fighting ends at the CEO level

never escalates to ministry level unless it affects policy

Ministers don't bother with small stuff

At most he will pretend to be interested for a while, nods his head and raises one eyebrow, and then tells the CEO to fucking sort it out

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
the fighting ends at the CEO level

never escalates to ministry level unless it affects policy

Ministers don't bother with small stuff

At most he will pretend to be interested for a while, nods his head and raises one eyebrow, and then tells the CEO to fucking sort it out
The people voted for him to be the servant and he jolly well deliver what's best for the country and its citizens using the public hospitals and he has the divine power to do so. The votes he gets may not be necessarily be legitimated from fair voting system. I doubt he knows there is something wrong with his policy that leads to this standoff between the two factions and this is not small stuff. Doctors are professionals and their work and aspirations are affected by his wronged policy.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Of course they all know.Health minister is on the side of administration.

Who you think gives the admin the power?

I remember a conversation I had with a senior consultant. He said that back in the day the hospitals had not many administrators.

Admin was hired to assist drs. Help with administrative work. Take it off drs hands.

But administrators are like virus. They replicate.

Eg. You hire one admin person to look into infection control measures. Monitor numbers. He or she does the work. Good. But for administrators one of their KPIs is coming up with new projects. Quality Improvement etc. So the administrator says ok I have new project to look into washing of hands drive etc. Then the administrator says getting too much work. Need to hire assistant. Assistant is hired. A year or two later assistant also comes up with her own project in addition to first admin having another project also.

Before you know it rhere are lots of admin people with 1001 projects they want to run.

Then becomes Drs have to do all these projects and trials. New case mix forms. New clerking forms. New admission procedure. New computer EMR. Value stream analysis cuts.

Drs become supporting admin in their quest to meet and exceed KPIs.

No more admin helping Dr. Today Drs have much much more non clinical work because of administrators when the original intent was the opposite.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
red tapes put up by bureaucrats, snip it!

Drs have no power.

And why would the bureaucrats snip the red tape they put up to justify their existence?

One thing I am interested to know is what is the number of admin staff each hospital has and what is wage bill for the admin vs the number of and wage bill for clinical Dr staff including the MOs.