• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TTSH A and E also throw towel

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they have lost their way and have forgotten what a hospital is for.
The main function of a hospital is for the sick to seek help and that's where doctors come in. They are the one who provide comfort and hope to the patients not the admin. The admin is supposed to be a back end job, staffing, inventory, accounts, etc... They are there to support the doctors not the other way round. I believe there is something wrong in the policy of hospital. They are putting innovations and cutting edge technology in the fore front to promote medical tourists which is against the medical professionalism. Hospital should be result driven, in another word out of 100 cases how many were cured or improved not how many tourists we can attract in order to make profits. This is where they get the credits and some become minister's blue eye boys. This is a hospital and let it be a hospital not a place for the admin to advance their entrepreneurship. Yes, improve we must but not at the expense of a doctor-patient relationship. Fuck the Minister for Health KNN.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I think they have lost their way and have forgotten what a hospital is for.
The main function of a hospital is for the sick to seek help and that's where doctors come in. They are the one who provide comfort and hope to the patients not the admin. The admin is supposed to be a back end job, staffing, inventory, accounts, etc... They are there to support the doctors not the other way round. I believe there is something wrong in the policy of hospital. They are putting innovations and cutting edge technology in the fore front to promote medical tourists which is against the medical professionalism. Hospital should be result driven, in another word out of 100 cases how many were cured or improved not how many tourists we can attract in order to make profits. This is where they get the credits and some become minister's blue eye boys. This is a hospital and let it be a hospital not a place for the admin to advance their entrepreneurship. Yes, improve we must but not at the expense of a doctor-patient relationship. Fuck the Minister for Health KNN.

You are correct!

In addition, when it comes to Dr KPI it has nothing to do with patient outcomes. In the sense that you are expected to have 0 bad patient outcomes/complaints. If patient outcomes are good that is NOT part of KPI. What is in KPI for doctors? QI projects. Research papers. Administrative projects like Value Stream Analysis. Sit on this and that committee (administrative). Basically.....NON CLINICAL stuff. Sounds like very admin centric right? Guess who wrote the KPIs for Drs now? Admin people lah! Seriously. go ask around.

I think @porcaputtana bro can attest as well.

Singapore hospitals have Shang Ri La style gardens too. WTF right?

Like I said earlier. Admin now view Drs as their frontline service staff and admin manages Drs. Hierarchy wise very clear who is at the top and who is at the bottom.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are correct!

In addition, when it comes to Dr KPI it has nothing to do with patient outcomes. In the sense that you are expected to have 0 bad patient outcomes/complaints. If patient outcomes are good that is NOT part of KPI. What is in KPI for doctors? QI projects. Research papers. Administrative projects like Value Stream Analysis. Sit on this and that committee (administrative). Basically.....NON CLINICAL stuff. Sounds like very admin centric right? Guess who wrote the KPIs for Drs now? Admin people lah! Seriously. go ask around.

I think @porcaputtana bro can attest as well.

Singapore hospitals have Shang Ri La style gardens too. WTF right?

Like I said earlier. Admin now view Drs as their frontline service staff and admin manages Drs. Hierarchy wise very clear who is at the top and who is at the bottom.
In the beginning doctors should have protested vigorously to prevent admin's advances in seizing power now it's cast in stone too late unless a gargantuan upheaval takes place or a minister from heaven with noble values and thoughts comes to the rescue. Shang Ri La style gardens are for tourists.

Medical tourists was the idea from KBW I think.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
In the beginning doctors should have protested vigorously to prevent admin's advances in seizing power now it's cast in stone too late unless a gargantuan upheaval takes place or a minister from heaven with noble values and thoughts comes to the rescue. Shang Ri La style gardens are for tourists.

Drs are too busy. And Drs are not power hungry people by and large. Some are. But most are not.

If power hungry and political we would not have chosen medicine. The disapointing thing is that after entering medicine realize it is also political.

Too late lah.

Drs now really very weak. You look at the SMC. Legal suits. All protect people who attack doctors. Look at the press. Salma Khalik the health correspondent has the juiciest stories about errant drs. Hey some of this can be libel if it was reported about lawyers. But against Drs very safe.

Conclusion. Drs are the weakest most meek of the professional world. You can bully them knowing you are very safe from any repercussions.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drs are too busy. And Drs are not power hungry people by and large. Some are. But most are not.

If power hungry and political we would not have chosen medicine. The disapointing thing is that after entering medicine realize it is also political.

Too late lah.

Drs now really very weak. You look at the SMC. Legal suits. All protect people who attack doctors. Look at the press. Salma Khalik the health correspondent has the juiciest stories about errant drs. Hey some of this can be libel if it was reported about lawyers. But against Drs very safe.

Conclusion. Drs are the weakest most meek of the professional world. You can bully them knowing you are very safe from any repercussions.
Doctors are not politically inclined they have been given a high status in our society. The medical profession is considered to be one of the noblest professions. ... The word noble means that a doctor should have qualities like compassion, caring, giving, sharing, concern, helping, etc. Don't feel discouraged fight on for the sake of the old and sick engaged in dirty politics if you have to. Adaptation is the key.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctors are not politically inclined they have been given a high status in our society. The medical profession is considered to be one of the noblest professions. ... The word noble means that a doctor should have qualities like compassion, caring, giving, sharing, concern, helping, etc. Don't feel discouraged fight on for the sake of the old and sick engaged in dirty politics if you have to. Adaptation is the key.

yeah adaptation is key.

Adapt to this. What's there to "fight" for? Patients are higher hierarchy than Drs. You think patient autonomy was by and large put forth by Drs? LOL! Likely by admins and lawyers and politicians. And some drs eager to get into the power hallways supported! Meanwhile the other drs continued to do their work too busy to realize. Then one day get letter in mail from college with complain dr is paternalistic and does not value patient autonomy! WHAT??? Ok.....I see......Dr changes. med schools start to teach this (but only very subtly there is right or wrong answers after all in exams not just "whatever patient chooses".

Imagine question.....a patient comes to you with pain and swelling in his right ankle. What would you do?
1) Full physical exam of the ankle and Xrays
2) X-ray ankle
3) Tell the patient it is nothing
4) whatever the patient wants me to do.

LOL!

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...are-exert-your-patient-autonomy-2018050713784

Take control of your health care (exert your patient autonomy)​

iStock_78445461_MEDIUM

May 7, 2018
Autonomy means being in control of your own decisions without outside influence — in other words, that you are in charge of yourself. It is considered an essential development step toward maturity. We all make decisions about how to live our lives, although sometimes we have less choice than we might like.

When it comes to your health care, how much autonomy is the right amount?​

There’s lots of interest in what the term means. Here’s a definition from MedicineNet:
Patient autonomy: The right of patients to make decisions about their medical care without their health care provider trying to influence the decision. Patient autonomy does allow for health care providers to educate the patient but does not allow the health care provider to make the decision for the patient.
This can be a hard line to navigate. In the past, physicians made all the decisions for their patients. They would plan the care, prescribe the treatment, and the patient would either comply or not. The word “comply” is itself pejorative. We have moved into a much more enlightened era of care, and many physicians seek to involve patients, to help them understand treatment options, and to work collaboratively to achieve goals of wellness.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah adaptation is key.

Adapt to this. What's there to "fight" for? Patients are higher hierarchy than Drs. You think patient autonomy was by and large put forth by Drs? LOL! Likely by admins and lawyers and politicians. And some drs eager to get into the power hallways supported! Meanwhile the other drs continued to do their work too busy to realize. Then one day get letter in mail from college with complain dr is paternalistic and does not value patient autonomy! WHAT??? Ok.....I see......Dr changes. med schools start to teach this (but only very subtly there is right or wrong answers after all in exams not just "whatever patient chooses".

Imagine question.....a patient comes to you with pain and swelling in his right ankle. What would you do?
1) Full physical exam of the ankle and Xrays
2) X-ray ankle
3) Tell the patient it is nothing
4) whatever the patient wants me to do.

LOL!

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...are-exert-your-patient-autonomy-2018050713784

Take control of your health care (exert your patient autonomy)​

iStock_78445461_MEDIUM

May 7, 2018
Autonomy means being in control of your own decisions without outside influence — in other words, that you are in charge of yourself. It is considered an essential development step toward maturity. We all make decisions about how to live our lives, although sometimes we have less choice than we might like.

When it comes to your health care, how much autonomy is the right amount?​

There’s lots of interest in what the term means. Here’s a definition from MedicineNet:
Patient autonomy: The right of patients to make decisions about their medical care without their health care provider trying to influence the decision. Patient autonomy does allow for health care providers to educate the patient but does not allow the health care provider to make the decision for the patient.
This can be a hard line to navigate. In the past, physicians made all the decisions for their patients. They would plan the care, prescribe the treatment, and the patient would either comply or not. The word “comply” is itself pejorative. We have moved into a much more enlightened era of care, and many physicians seek to involve patients, to help them understand treatment options, and to work collaboratively to achieve goals of wellness.
Fuck those sales talk invented by the 'entrepreneur' (admin)
It is as good as saying customer is always right but here we are not dealing with a product where you can provide a guarantee. In medicine there is no sure thing or guarantee. For a given drug it may work on A but not necessarily on B. That's the problem.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Fuck those sales talk invented by the 'entrepreneur' (admin)
It is as good as saying customer is always right but here we are not dealing with a product where you can provide a guarantee. In medicine there is no sure thing or guarantee. For a given drug it may work on A but not necessarily on B. That's the problem.

You are absolutely right!

But that point does not cause issues with patient autonomy. I mean let patent be ultimate decision maker correct? Customer is always right correct?

It does however cause a problem with the ethical principle of non-maleficence. Basically although the patient can decide whatever....if it involves me the Dr writing an Rx that will cause him or her more harm than good then even if it is the patient's decision and they want it ie patient autonomy, it violates the non-maleficence principle and I will have to say NO! It will harm you more than help! Sometimes patient walks off angry and disrespected and will complain to SMC or college! WTF? I want sleeping pills but dr say cannot! And guess what.....as a doctor I have to explain why!

Full of nonsense lah I tell you.

https://www.themedicportal.com/appl...edical-ethics/medical-ethics-non-maleficence/

What is non-maleficence and why is it a fundamental pillar of ethics? Find out what it means and how to approach any ethical scenarios you are given in your Medical School interview.

What Is Non-Maleficence?​

Non-maleficence is the sister to beneficence and is often considered as an inseparable pillar of ethics.
Non-maleficence states that a medical practitioner has a duty to do no harm or allow harm to be caused to a patient through neglect. Any consideration of beneficence is likely, therefore, to involve an examination of non-maleficence.

How Is Non-Maleficence Different to Beneficence?​

Non-maleficence differs from beneficence in two major ways.
First of all, it acts as a threshold for treatment. If a treatment causes more harm than good, then it should not be considered. - uhmm I thought Dr not supposed to influence patient's decisions right? Patient autonomy? This is in contrast to beneficence, where we consider all valid treatment options and then rank them in order of preference.
Second, we tend to use beneficence in response to a specific situation – such as determining the best treatment for a patient. In contrast, non-maleficence is a constant in clinical practice. For example, if you see a patient collapse in a corridor you have a duty to provide (or seek) medical attention to prevent injury.

Non-Maleficence Example​

One of the best ways to understand the difference between non-maleficence and beneficence is by looking at an ethical example:
A 52-year-old man collapses in the street complaining of severe acute pain in his right abdomen. A surgeon happens to be passing and examines the man, suspecting that he is on the brink of rupturing his appendix. The surgeon decides the best course of action is to remove the appendix in situ, using his trusty pen-knife.
From a beneficence perspective, successful removal of the appendix in situ would certainly improve the patient’s life.
But from a non-maleficence perspective, let’s examine the potential harms to the patient:
  • The environment is unlikely to be sterile (as is that manky pen-knife) and so the risk of infection is extremely high
  • The surgeon has no other clinical staff available or surgical equipment meaning that the chances of a successful operation are already lower than in normal circumstances
  • Assuming that the surgeon has performed an appendectomy before, they have almost certainly never done it at the roadside – and so their experience is decontextualized and therefore not wholly appropriate
  • Unless there isn’t a hospital around for miles, this is an incredibly disproportionate intervention.
Again this is a rather silly example but it is important to remember that before leaping to action, we need to consider the implications and risks of intervening at all.

Discussing Non-Maleficence At Interview​

Ethics will come up in your interview, and you need to think about non-maleficence. You should consider:
  • What are the associated risks with intervention or non-intervention?
  • Do I possess the required skills and knowledge to perform this action?
  • Is the patient being treated with dignity and respect?
  • Is the patient being put at risk through other factors (e.g. staffing, resources, etc.)?

Non-Maleficence Questions​

Some questions you could be asked at an interview include:
  • Does euthanasia have a place in modern medicine?
  • What are the ethical issues with abortion?
  • What are the ethical issues if a 14-year-old patient asks her GP for the oral contraceptive pill?

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doctors are not god. Good doctor uses common sense in times of emergency if you are lucky you survive if not he delivers you to heaven and should be thankful. All these fucking articles are creating nightmares for doctors.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctors are not god. Good doctor uses common sense in times of emergency if you are lucky you survive if not he delivers you to heaven and should be thankful. All these fucking articles are creating nightmares for doctors.

It is called meddling by outsiders.

You see the LAW profession does not take kindly to meddling.

The only people allowed to are perhaps politicans who pass bills and laws in parliament. Other than that the law is the law.

Medicine on the other hand has all these public consultations and what not crap. And drs dont really bother to take part in them.

Hence it is what you see now. And going forward things will get worse.

Back in 2001 I told my classmates we need to fight back with legal support. Ie we need to hire lawyers to help us draw up consent forms properly because the lawyers will attack the pathetic one pager consent forms we have as insufficient in the court of law. Get lawyers who know how to fight lawyers.

Problem is Drs think they very smart dowan to get advice. So this one pager consent form still exists today and is a totally flimsy worthless document in court.

I have given up on the medical profession already. You should too.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Medical tourism is good for Singapore medicine . We attracted all the complex cases from around the region and it allows us to showcase our skills and superior outcome. Plus the relatives of the patients can go MBS while the poor sod undergoes a CABG. Drives the economy.

The cow put a stop to it. Wanted doctors to focus on local aging patients to help PM win votes . And the most fucking hypocritical thing is public institutional hospitals are still allowed to see foreign patients . SNEC is one prime example . Local peasants wait while their best ophthalmologists spend hours chatting with rich Indons and compare birkins.

KBW hates doctors. He and his lap dogs have implemented more ill conceived policies against doctors than any other health ministers in memory.

Fuck the Malaysian bastard. May he sink SPH and get another $8 heart attack while doing it. KNN KNN KNN KNN

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is called meddling by outsiders.

You see the LAW profession does not take kindly to meddling.

The only people allowed to are perhaps politicans who pass bills and laws in parliament. Other than that the law is the law.

Medicine on the other hand has all these public consultations and what not crap. And drs dont really bother to take part in them.

Hence it is what you see now. And going forward things will get worse.

Back in 2001 I told my classmates we need to fight back with legal support. Ie we need to hire lawyers to help us draw up consent forms properly because the lawyers will attack the pathetic one pager consent forms we have as insufficient in the court of law. Get lawyers who know how to fight lawyers.

Problem is Drs think they very smart dowan to get advice. So this one pager consent form still exists today and is a totally flimsy worthless document in court.

I have given up on the medical profession already. You should too.
Don't be stupid lah. Give up all you have learned and experienced just because of some stupid plp assholes? It's amounting to surrender. Just remember doctors work for the people, admin works for the profiteers. People have eyes. Fight on you may win one day.

I give you one example of profiteering.
In all public hospitals drugs and medications are labelled 'Standard' and 'Non-Standard' Standard drugs are eligible for subsidy while Non-Standard are not. Why do the admin go to that extent? I was told only drugs below $3 are standard. The poor are at their mercy when expensive drugs are needed.

Maxico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medical tourism is good for Singapore medicine . We attracted all the complex cases from around the region and it allows us to showcase our skills and superior outcome. Plus the relatives of the patients can go MBS while the poor sod undergoes a CABG. Drives the economy.

The cow put a stop to it. Wanted doctors to focus on local aging patients to help PM win votes . And the most fucking hypocritical thing is public institutional hospitals are still allowed to see foreign patients . SNEC is one prime example . Local peasants wait while their best ophthalmologists spend hours chatting with rich Indons and compare birkins.

KBW hates doctors. He and his lap dogs have implemented more ill conceived policies against doctors than any other health ministers in memory.

Fuck the Malaysian bastard. May he sink SPH and get another $8 heart attack while doing it. KNN KNN KNN KNN
Hahaha....that unpatriotic Malaysian deserves a stroke, heart attack is too easy.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
If after ctscan need to be warded then no need pay extra upfront KNN final bill to be charged to insurance &/or medisave KNN if can leescharge then go counter pay $122+$600=$722 and kpkb KNN some people know this so they leequest to be warded KNN
knn

you so pandai in health matters
and hell matters

which school you cums from

you should be our minister of health

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya can't agree more about lawyers, judges and politicians having absolute power.

But I respect this gentleman. He's so powerful even Interpol has no idea how many politicians he has in his pocket
knn

maybe long ago
he had already been blown to pieces by
C4 ?

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
(medical) ns registration for all sinkie women when they reach 16.9 years and 16.9 months full time ns when they reach 18. cheap conscripted local nurses without the need to recruit from 3rd world cuntries. i’ve been an advocate since 2016.9.
knn

2016.9 = already 5 yrs had passed

suggest you stop when 6.9 yrs reached and treat as gone case ?