• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fm Pasir Ris to Tuas 2nd link and to my dream home N Idaman. Only took me 1 hr. No jam. Smooth sailing. Came back an hr ago. Sama sama. 1 hr too.:cool:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fm Pasir Ris to Tuas 2nd link and to my dream home N Idaman. Only took me 1 hr. No jam. Smooth sailing. Came back an hr ago. Sama sama. 1 hr too.:cool:

Me too same, same today, went in and out by causeway a breeze, enjoy it while it lasts, it is only temporary, now is school reopening time, parents more anxious whether assessment book buy already or homework done already, cannot waste time in 2 hour jams now, they only bring the Minions to neighborhood malls which are still seeing long Qs, once the Minions get settled, the jams will return, and once school holidays start again, two hour jams will start again too.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me too same, same today, went in and out by causeway a breeze, enjoy it while it lasts, it is only temporary, now is school reopening time, parents more anxious whether assessment book buy already or homework done already, cannot waste time in 2 hour jams now, they only bring the Minions to neighborhood malls which are still seeing long Qs, once the Minions get settled, the jams will return, and once school holidays start again, two hour jams will start again too.

Yep, friends came over today to visit us and said causeway was smooth. Brought friends to eat cheap and good food...and they bought things for their kids...happy and smiling!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only good for Malaysians who work here and students, not useful at all for those sinkies who buy up the whole Giant supermarket every weekend.

Anything that can ease traffic and human congestion at checkpoint should be good lah.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite observant on this. I don't know about other timing but yes during those wee hours more counters are indeed opened. Now they have 2 blocks of checking and clearance. During the super atrocious ultra peak they only have 1 and the jam is very long even at 4am in the morning.

Why they only open up 2 blocks during the "lull" period of January I don't know but judging by the way Singapore do things, I am not surprised, lah! They need to seek permission from their seniors officers la, CO of Tuas, ICA Director, MPs, Home minister, DPM, PM etc to open up a 2nd block you see and these takes time

Are there MORE counters opened at Singapore Tuas Checkpoint since this year?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder there is a surge in the number of Singaporean buyers coming to view resale properties in Iskandar recently. They are part of the 'jam' :biggrin:
Read More - http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/strong-interest-in-overseas-property-investment-at-property-seminar-showcase-2016

12540519_10153625968594667_1551388913306747846_n.jpg

blusky

Is it still workable to work in sg n live in jb? Especially those with children studying in sg to commute daily from bkt indah. Dilemma

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
A check at my hp at First Motoring showed traffic smooth at Tuas 2nd link. True enough. Was a breeze clearing at Spore side. But to my horror i was stuck for almost 1.45 hrs at 2nd link heading towards Johore checkpoint. Damn it!