• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enormous jams into SG everyday. There is also the threat of VEP next year. Those who stay in JB and work in SG are likely to be giving up and coming back to stay and work in SG.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this jam mainly for cars and motorcycles? If I go in and out at the Woodlands checkpoint, will I face the jam too?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this jam mainly for cars and motorcycles? If I go in and out at the Woodlands checkpoint, will I face the jam too?

For both. As a biker I can tell you first hand that it has nothing to do with step up security, but incompetence of ICA and Aetos outsourced Manpower. The bridge this morning was full of bikes inching across and guess what, almost reaching the woodlands checkpoint suddenly the bikes all start picking up and dashing forward...why? Somehow it seems that they are waiting for the holding areas to be relatively cleared before they open the gates. No wonder the botteneck and back flow across the bridge. Duh....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woodlands (now)
suvu37.jpg

Tuas (now)
2lt6cmo.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get the Singapore Checkpoint app and monitor the jams to get a feel of the timings.

The way things are, the cameras are simply not enough...they also need to station cameras at places BEFORE the JB CIQ...sometimes the Causeway bridge is clear but the jams are horrendous at the roads leading to JB CIQ at Woodlands. And the EDL cameras are chronically on/off.....not working when you most need them...Sometimes WAZE might give a better feel as to the traffic condition prior to reaching JB CIQ.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the best way to beat the jam is to buy train tickets 28 days in advance. If not wrong can buy both ways at RM5 per trip. That's SGD$3.33 per day (take it as human traffic toll...LOL!) in addition to other transportation costs you need to incur.

Possible scenario is buy a condo very near to CIQ, can walk to train station, take train. Have a motorbike parked at Woodlands carpark to get to work. :p

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
For both. As a biker I can tell you first hand that it has nothing to do with step up security, but incompetence of ICA and Aetos outsourced Manpower. The bridge this morning was full of bikes inching across and guess what, almost reaching the woodlands checkpoint suddenly the bikes all start picking up and dashing forward...why? Somehow it seems that they are waiting for the holding areas to be relatively cleared before they open the gates. No wonder the botteneck and back flow across the bridge. Duh....

Opps... sorry. I meant to ask if I go in and out of JB via Woodlands checkpoint BY BUS, will there be jams also?

Is the jam at Tuas equally bad too?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opps... sorry. I meant to ask if I go in and out of JB via Woodlands checkpoint BY BUS, will there be jams also?

Is the jam at Tuas equally bad too?

Last Friday I took bus from Woodlands Checkpoint to JB CIQ. Was at Woodlands at 5:45pm..walk walk..take bus...walk walk..come out at City Square at 6:10pm. I think OK lah :p

I never try Tuas before. I think if want to take public transport go by Woodlands better. Worst come to worst walk bridge...

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Friday I took bus from Woodlands Checkpoint to JB CIQ. Was at Woodlands at 5:45pm..walk walk..take bus...walk walk..come out at City Square at 6:10pm. I think OK lah :p

I never try Tuas before. I think if want to take public transport go by Woodlands better. Worst come to worst walk bridge...

Oh not so bad then by bus!

They really need to sort this out if they want to make living in JB and working in Singapore smoother....

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday went into Johor.
In out pretty painless.
Think the customs must have heard the bad publicity regarding the jams and is trying to improve. Or maybe the bar publicity regarding the jams is scaring people off. Pretty fast clearance all things considered.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Har? They themselves know they got bad publicity for 2 decades already

Sunday went into Johor.
In out pretty painless.
Think the customs must have heard the bad publicity regarding the jams and is trying to improve. Or maybe the bar publicity regarding the jams is scaring people off. Pretty fast clearance all things considered.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday went into Johor.
In out pretty painless.

Yep noticed that too, I think school holidays ending soon and kiasu parents now settling in the Minions for school, there may be one last burst next week and after that should be good.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were the Singapore government, I would try to improve the traffic at customs so as to encourage a lot more lower to low-middle income earners to settle down in Iskandar. Then I would have less headache on rising healthcare, expensive public housing and the poor pushing their cardboard cards in the streets.

At the same time, can invite more rich foreigners in and give them citizenship. The ministers can continue to pay themselves higher salaries! Singapore will prosper that way. Singapore properties can continue to increase exponentially.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were the Singapore government, I would try to improve the traffic at customs so as to encourage a lot more lower to low-middle income earners to settle down in Iskandar. Then I would have less headache on rising healthcare, expensive public housing and the poor pushing their cardboard cards in the streets.

At the same time, can invite more rich foreigners in and give them citizenship. The ministers can continue to pay themselves higher salaries! Singapore will prosper that way. Singapore properties can continue to increase exponentially.

Brutal reality.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

clown prince might be trying indirectly to keep spending in sg.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just copy HK Shenzhen for customs clearances can liao. But the problem is this involves 2 different countries, and so naturally things will move slower.