• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 10 crime zones in Johor Bahru

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday, Dec 21, 2015

With year-end festivities approaching, many Singaporeans like to flock to Johor Bahru, Malaysia, to shop. While the ringgit makes it an attractive lure for Singaporean shoppers, it is always helpful to know where the crime hotspots are, and how to avoid them.

Shin Min Daily News has compiled a list of the top ten crime zones in Johor Bahru here:

1. Larkin Bus Terminal

Many buses from all over Malaysia transit at Larkin Bus Terminal, and very often, the occasional pickpocket can be seen.

2. Taman Johor Jaya

There are many shopping malls, eateries and hypermarkets in the northern suburbs of Johor Bahru where tourists like to patronize. The Chinese daily said that on Dec 8, there was a case of snatch theft where robbers on motorcyles opened the door of a car at a traffic light to steal the passenger's bag.

3. Taman Sentosa

According to newspaper reports, motorcycle robbers snatched a package worth 2,000 yuan (S$430) from a customer outside a restaurant in the area on Nov 21. A few days later, a woman lost her handbag to robbers while standing along the same location. Shin Min Daily News said the woman fell and sustained bruises when the bag was pulled from her.

4. Taman Pelangi

This residential area with shops, eateries, and nightclubs is also a hot crime spot. On Apr 2, a Singapore-registered car was stolen here.

5. The petrok kiosk near CIQ

This petrol kiosk's proximity to the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) makes it a target for criminals since many Singapore-registered cars frequent the area.

6. Taman Universiti

According to online reports, cyclists have tried to break open car doors on Dec 1 and 9.

7. Taman Century

A 31-year-old woman was the target of thieves on Nov 23 when she was dragged, kicked, and had her bag stolen in the area.

8. Stulang Laut

A Chinese woman was robbed by motorcycle bandits while walking home while another was killed after bandits stabbed the victim in the back.

9. Taman Molek

The business district is witness to stolen drain covers, stolen meters and the occasional snatch theft.

10. Taman Sri Tebrau, Jalan Keris

The popular dining area is a hotspot for thieves. On Aug 14, a Singaporean couple had parked their Honda near an eatery when it disappeared after 15 minutes.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/top-10-crime-zones-johor-bahru#sthash.pjGIFwex.dpuf

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday, Dec 21, 2015

With year-end festivities approaching, many Singaporeans like to flock to Johor Bahru, Malaysia, to shop. While the ringgit makes it an attractive lure for Singaporean shoppers, it is always helpful to know where the crime hotspots are, and how to avoid them.

Shin Min Daily News has compiled a list of the top ten crime zones in Johor Bahru here:

1. Larkin Bus Terminal

Many buses from all over Malaysia transit at Larkin Bus Terminal, and very often, the occasional pickpocket can be seen.

2. Taman Johor Jaya

There are many shopping malls, eateries and hypermarkets in the northern suburbs of Johor Bahru where tourists like to patronize. The Chinese daily said that on Dec 8, there was a case of snatch theft where robbers on motorcyles opened the door of a car at a traffic light to steal the passenger's bag.

3. Taman Sentosa

According to newspaper reports, motorcycle robbers snatched a package worth 2,000 yuan (S$430) from a customer outside a restaurant in the area on Nov 21. A few days later, a woman lost her handbag to robbers while standing along the same location. Shin Min Daily News said the woman fell and sustained bruises when the bag was pulled from her.

4. Taman Pelangi

This residential area with shops, eateries, and nightclubs is also a hot crime spot. On Apr 2, a Singapore-registered car was stolen here.

5. The petrok kiosk near CIQ

This petrol kiosk's proximity to the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) makes it a target for criminals since many Singapore-registered cars frequent the area.

6. Taman Universiti

According to online reports, cyclists have tried to break open car doors on Dec 1 and 9.

7. Taman Century

A 31-year-old woman was the target of thieves on Nov 23 when she was dragged, kicked, and had her bag stolen in the area.

8. Stulang Laut

A Chinese woman was robbed by motorcycle bandits while walking home while another was killed after bandits stabbed the victim in the back.

9. Taman Molek

The business district is witness to stolen drain covers, stolen meters and the occasional snatch theft.

10. Taman Sri Tebrau, Jalan Keris

The popular dining area is a hotspot for thieves. On Aug 14, a Singaporean couple had parked their Honda near an eatery when it disappeared after 15 minutes.

[email protected]

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/top-10-crime-zones-johor-bahru#sthash.pjGIFwex.dpuf

You want cheap food, cheap sex, cheap massage and cheap car wash, of course you got cheap security lah.
You get high security, best police, best place in Singapore and you pay high taxes.
Then you komplain until no tomolo. Best place is to stay at home.

It is the same, You go Batam, Haytai, Pattaya even Dongguan for cheap fun, you have take risks. Nothing is free.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Generally I will avoid JB city centre, where many of the top 10 are located. It is more crime ridden and more expensive than other areas I frequent. Steering wheel lock is a must have and try not to stroll in the street with many belongings e.g handbags.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want cheap food, cheap sex, cheap massage and cheap car wash, of course you got cheap security lah.
You get high security, best police, best place in Singapore and you pay high taxes.
Then you komplain until no tomolo. Best place is to stay at home.

It is the same, You go Batam, Haytai, Pattaya even Dongguan for cheap fun, you have take risks. Nothing is free.

So what you are saying is that cheap doesn't mean good yah? So why so many posters here keep on proclaiming I got the cheapest seaview, I got the cheapest marina living, I got the cheapest luxury condo, the cheapest char kway teow compared to Oz, the costs is hidden somewhere else. In the end the investment is not cheap, but too late to realise.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what you are saying is that cheap doesn't mean good yah? So why so many posters here keep on proclaiming I got the cheapest seaview, I got the cheapest marina living, I got the cheapest luxury condo, the cheapest char kway teow compared to Oz, the costs is hidden somewhere else. In the end the investment is not cheap, but too late to realise.

Posters are posters, you oso believe ah? Advertising and real life is different. If it is the best, then no need posters liao.
Hang in supermarket oso can sell.
OZ is the best!!. No nid to compare. But it is not my cup of tea.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posters are posters, you oso believe ah? Advertising and real life is different. If it is the best, then no need posters liao.
Hang in supermarket oso can sell.
OZ is the best!!. No nid to compare. But it is not my cup of tea.

Posters as in forummers, not advertisement posters. Singapore is best lah. Oz is value for money.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posters as in forummers, not advertisement posters. Singapore is best lah. Oz is value for money.

Where got ppl buy Coca Cola then say Pepsi Cola taste better wan?
If Ozland value for money, then NZ is even better.
If I keep comparing, I die long time liao. Damn jialat man.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where got ppl buy Coca Cola then say Pepsi Cola taste better wan?
If Ozland value for money, then NZ is even better.
If I keep comparing, I die long time liao. Damn jialat man.

OK ok actually New Zealand is better but too backwater, and have earthquakes, I will go to NZ when third world war erupts lol.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more negative press coverage on crime and jams, the better. Last weekend was a welcome respite, and long may it continue! Let dumb and reckless people like me take the risk, while the clever citizens enjoy the festive holidays in SG.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more negative press coverage on crime and jams, the better. Last weekend was a welcome respite, and long may it continue! Let dumb and reckless people like me take the risk, while the clever citizens enjoy the festive holidays in SG.

In KL, if there's a guy who was shot dead in the newspaper, we would just say..okie..and within 5 seconds we flip to the Sports section or other news.
In Asiaone, the reporter very detailed leh. So it is how one look at it lor from a daily way of life. So Sinkies, stay in Singapore. Even the neighbour's cat would not poo in your garden. It is that safe.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taman pelangi is worst place.... residents are force to errect their own security bar there as house break in is just a regular event there. The value of the house there drop and i hear semi D there cannot sell even price at rm400k. Many residents run away and just sell cheap to those who transformed the houses there to a wedding business shops.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taman pelangi is worst place.... residents are force to errect their own security bar there as house break in is just a regular event there. The value of the house there drop and i hear semi D there cannot sell even price at rm400k. Many residents run away and just sell cheap to those who transformed the houses there to a wedding business shops.

Why those owners so stupid ah? Rent to wedding studio also lah, now must go find Jiu Hu wife and buy those semi detached and rent out to convert to commercial shops. I see so many house along Holiday Plaza and I so want to buy to convert.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gated and Guarded Malaysian style. Put oil drums across the roads and employ Banglas guards. Collect RM50 each house per month.. Temporary solution only and maybe 50% effective.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gated and Guarded Malaysian style. Put oil drums across the roads and employ Banglas guards. Collect RM50 each house per month.. Temporary solution only and maybe 50% effective.

Why dun they just keep a couple of bulldogs ? The robbers will be scared away ??

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many parts of JB! Might as well make it JB in general.

Once more condos are completed in a few years time, especially in Medini, and investors leave their units empty due to lack of tenants, maybe the robbers might just shift their attention there. So ulu, difficult to catch them.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many parts of JB! Might as well make it JB in general.

Once more condos are completed in a few years time, especially in Medini, and investors leave them uninhabited due to lack of tenants, maybe the robbers might just shift their attention there. So ulu, difficult to catch them.

The control of robbers is through access roads and public transport.
In Medini, you need to walk miles before you can get out. The highways are easily blocked by police.
Thieves always look for fast and easy money. That's why they thrive in busy areas.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Generally I will avoid JB city centre, where many of the top 10 are located. It is more crime ridden and more expensive than other areas I frequent. Steering wheel lock is a must have and try not to stroll in the street with many belongings e.g handbags.

Aiya...Johor Jaya got good food haunts and Taman Molek got ballet school where kids go....so hard to avoid......:o