• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TOC Presidential Candidate Face to Face Part 2 is out

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I9hh_Wzy6lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
finally finished watching the whole 1hr 14mins long vid. my impressions:

TKL is just abysmal. I can't believe his spoken english is so bad.
TT is unconvincing. He was just parroting party rhetoric at whatever questions the floor threw at him.
TJS and TCB clearly shone. TJS in particular was very articulate about his vision on the role of the EP.
TCB consistently takes the moderate stance.

A funny moment when TKL accuses TCB of copying his campaign slogan "to be the voice of the people". After watching this, I am even more convinced now that TKL won't be seeing his election deposit again.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt sorry for TKL. People who are close to him should have advised him that he is not suitable for the Presidency. I wondered why they led him down the garden path. It's obvious that he does suffer from vanity but people should be more honest to him if they consider themselves as friends. I doubt he will make it in GE either after this. I am sure he too will come to same conclusion.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT has screwed himself. He has clearly taken on the mantle of Govt spokesman. I felt that he could not help himself. Quite surprising as he is one known to speak his mind in cabinet. Got the feeling that he is running reluctantly sort of national service.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, TT keeps saying "let the cabinet/parliament decides", wtf....... he dun have his own opinion?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pretty sure that he is using the PE to build his GE profile as it does need to confront and challenge the Govt. Sense that he knows that he would not win and playing smart. You could sense that he was clearly overstepping the role as prescribed in the constitution and he knows it. I don't think he was trying to be popular by being confrontational as he is a smart chap.
TJS is very confrontational....

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Appreciate the link to the clip. It brings to surface the calibre of each candidate. Was anticipating to hear part 2 of the ISA issue between TT and TJS after TJS was abruptly cut off by the moderator earlier on, but both of them did not press further. TT appeared peeved. Btw, I like how TKL pronounced the word "commission". It sounds very familiar. But must say he is quite cartoon. :biggrin:

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TT should really have a better grasp of the issues as well as the process of fielding questions. That to me is a very big disappointment. Even if I don't support him, I expect more from a former deputy prime minister.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am pretty sure that he is using the PE to build his GE profile as it does need to confront and challenge the Govt. Sense that he knows that he would not win and playing smart. You could sense that he was clearly overstepping the role as prescribed in the constitution and he knows it. I don't think he was trying to be popular by being confrontational as he is a smart chap.
Possible, but if he go back SDP, then he's a fucked up.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT has said he is the one who is most able to advise and work with the govt to guide economy and ride the storm with "dark clouds looming" So would he listen to the CPA if they gave him contrary advice, since he knows all?

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
He pronounced every word ending with "-ion" as "-ian'. Election becomes electian, commission becomes commissian, question is questian, decision is decisian etc.

Damn sian lah, no pun intended. Worst speaker.

Btw, I like how TKL pronounced the word "commission". It sounds very familiar. But must say he is quite cartoon. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TT has said he is the one who is most able to advise and work with the govt to guide economy and ride the storm with "dark clouds looming" So would he listen to the CPA if they gave him contrary advice, since he knows all?

One of the audience summarised it well when she told TT pointblank - "you spoke like someone from the cabinet".

His habit of spreading out his arms before speaking is very new and fake to his body language. His self-perceived "smile" comes across as a sneer.

Good luck, Phoney Tony. You are a spent force.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He pronounced every word ending with "-ion" as "-ian'. Election becomes electian, commission becomes commissian, etc.

Worst speaker.

It was painful watching him - struggling to express himself, to summarise issues. Bet you he will say "kala-okay launch" when inviting his friends for a karaoke lounge visit.

And he was totally unaware of the gay issues but cleverly stuck to his "the people" will decide. KNN like that I can also do the job - for $499,000 a year.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
finally finished watching the whole 1hr 14mins long vid. my impressions:

TKL is just abysmal. I can't believe his spoken english is so bad.
TT is unconvincing. He was just parroting party rhetoric at whatever questions the floor threw at him.
TJS and TCB clearly shone. TJS in particular was very articulate about his vision on the role of the EP.
TCB consistently takes the moderate stance.

A funny moment when TKL accuses TCB of copying his campaign slogan "to be the voice of the people". After watching this, I am even more convinced now that TKL won't be seeing his election deposit again.

Totally agree with you. TKL's advisers are former Mediacorp senior executives - and were not the best in their field at that time. The interview with his wife yesterday in NewPaper does not help either - she proudly proclaimed to be a former hair-dresser. Nothing wrong with that but the fact does not help her husband.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
My verdict is;

1. TKL is a washout. cant speak properly. "sian-ing" all the time. Painful to listen to. will be a disgrace to SIN since SIN's main language is English and we're a cosmo city.
2. TT is so predictable and evasive. non-committal. independent is not in his vocab or bloodstream.
3. TCB is trying hard to steer a course around the other 3. frankly disappointing 'cos I thot he would speak his mind. Also cited Sect 377A as 335..
4. TJS is the best of all, consistent, comes across as one who truly speaks his mind. Only 1 con - he's too consistently confrontational.

My vote: TJS for Prez. altho it means we'll see trouble ahead. but if not him, who would stretch the envelop?

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last topic was the best. Every one was given 30 secs to say what he has never said before, anything new that will clinch the votes.

Sadly, all 4 said nothing new. Worst is TKL then TT. Shows how well do they listen.