• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Idiot Tan Kin Lian blames everyone but himself

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vote for TKL !!! Vote for a non-PAP President !!!
This is the only once in your life time chance to vote for a People's President .:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the only once in your life time chance to vote for a People's President .:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Madam President and the late keling spy chief President were the People's Presidents.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at this clown. He blamed everyone except himself. He made a speech with all sorts of misleading and false promises, then he blamed the IMDA for making him do so many things for approval! Excuses excuses and more excuses!

Please la, spoil the vote or vote for Ng Kok Song for fuck sake. This old fart is such an embarrassment!

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/i...-remove-parts-broadcast-presidential-election

'I will deal with IMDA separately': Tan Kin Lian unhappy on being asked to remove parts of broadcast message​

Apart from not having enough time to prepare for his campaign, it seems like Tan Kin Lian also faced some issues preparing for his presidential candidate broadcast to be aired tonight (Aug 24).

Tan, 75, revealed to the media during a doorstop interview at Senja Food Centre in Bukit Panjang on Thursday morning that he was asked by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) to remove three paragraphs from his speech.

"They are the most important paragraphs of the campaign. They asked for it to be removed on the grounds that it is outside of the president's prerogative. I do not agree with the decision but I have no choice," said a disgruntled Tan.

The former NTUC Income chief executive officer then read out the omitted paragraphs to the media, which were about his plans to manage the reserves, and some of the goals he wanted to achieve if he were to become the head of state.

"I consider the IMDA does not have the authority to interpret the Constitution in their own way and ask for statements to be removed. I do not have time to argue about that, I removed the statement and I will deal with IMDA separately," Tan told reporters.

He also shared that he was asked to send a copy of his speech to IMDA on Wednesday.

"I had to prepare a script in English and translate it into Chinese, Malay and Tamil. I had to present four printed copies and four soft copies.

"It was very rushed. How do you expect me, with many things to take care of, with the campaign to meet these requirements?" he questioned.

Tan's script had inaccuracies: IMDA, ELD​

In response to AsiaOne's queries, IMDA and the Elections Department (ELD) said in a joint press release on Thursday that the presidential candidates were informed of the timings of the presidential candidate broadcast and the rules on Aug 12, and were briefed on Aug 21.

They then added that Tan's original script had "inaccuracies about the president's role", where he suggested that the president can provide guidance on the reserves' investment strategies and influence government policy.

The two agencies said that Tan's election agent had corrected them "without objection" after being notified of the inaccuracies.

"All Presidential candidates, including Mr Tan, signed a statutory declaration on their nomination paper to confirm that they have read the explanatory material on the president’s constitutional role, including the specific examples of what the President can and cannot do.

"They also signed a voluntary undertaking on campaigning for the election in a manner that is dignified, decorous and consistent with the President’s position.

"We remind all candidates not to mislead the public about the president's role," they said.
He is a "Gian Zharbor" lao unker.
Wonder if he will lose his deposit again.
Only idiots will waste votes on him.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was a PAP member for 30 years until unwanted and left.
Only NKS is our non-PAP President.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was a PAP member for 30 years until unwanted and left.
Only NKS is our non-PAP President.
Lol this guy is a real bullshitter.

When called out for his teekopek pretty girl postings, he claimed he was a victim of a conspiracy and malicious attack. Who forced him to make those postings huh?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at this clown. He blamed everyone except himself. He made a speech with all sorts of misleading and false promises, then he blamed the IMDA for making him do so many things for approval! Excuses excuses and more excuses!

Please la, spoil the vote or vote for Ng Kok Song for fuck sake. This old fart is such an embarrassment!

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/i...-remove-parts-broadcast-presidential-election

'I will deal with IMDA separately': Tan Kin Lian unhappy on being asked to remove parts of broadcast message​

Apart from not having enough time to prepare for his campaign, it seems like Tan Kin Lian also faced some issues preparing for his presidential candidate broadcast to be aired tonight (Aug 24).

Tan, 75, revealed to the media during a doorstop interview at Senja Food Centre in Bukit Panjang on Thursday morning that he was asked by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) to remove three paragraphs from his speech.

"They are the most important paragraphs of the campaign. They asked for it to be removed on the grounds that it is outside of the president's prerogative. I do not agree with the decision but I have no choice," said a disgruntled Tan.

The former NTUC Income chief executive officer then read out the omitted paragraphs to the media, which were about his plans to manage the reserves, and some of the goals he wanted to achieve if he were to become the head of state.

"I consider the IMDA does not have the authority to interpret the Constitution in their own way and ask for statements to be removed. I do not have time to argue about that, I removed the statement and I will deal with IMDA separately," Tan told reporters.

He also shared that he was asked to send a copy of his speech to IMDA on Wednesday.

"I had to prepare a script in English and translate it into Chinese, Malay and Tamil. I had to present four printed copies and four soft copies.

"It was very rushed. How do you expect me, with many things to take care of, with the campaign to meet these requirements?" he questioned.

Tan's script had inaccuracies: IMDA, ELD​

In response to AsiaOne's queries, IMDA and the Elections Department (ELD) said in a joint press release on Thursday that the presidential candidates were informed of the timings of the presidential candidate broadcast and the rules on Aug 12, and were briefed on Aug 21.

They then added that Tan's original script had "inaccuracies about the president's role", where he suggested that the president can provide guidance on the reserves' investment strategies and influence government policy.

The two agencies said that Tan's election agent had corrected them "without objection" after being notified of the inaccuracies.

"All Presidential candidates, including Mr Tan, signed a statutory declaration on their nomination paper to confirm that they have read the explanatory material on the president’s constitutional role, including the specific examples of what the President can and cannot do.

"They also signed a voluntary undertaking on campaigning for the election in a manner that is dignified, decorous and consistent with the President’s position.

"We remind all candidates not to mislead the public about the president's role," they said.
An improvement. PAP blames u in stead. :cautious: