• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TOC Presidential Candidate Face to Face Part 2 is out

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TSJ is exactly like a PAP candidate. Confrontational, except that he is on the good side right now. I imagine that if he were a PAP candidate, LKY inc will love him and we will hate him. This only shows one thing- we need to vote him in as the 7th president of Singapore. If you want to fight a pit bull send a bull terrier or doberman don't send a friendly golden retriver. The mission is clear and the political opponents have been identified- send one of the equal calibre in. Vote TJS and save Singapore from self-destruction. If he doesn't fit the bill later, the PAP will eliminate him on their own. Voters have absolutely nothing to lose. This is the 'bestest choice' that anyone can make.

You are right... Well said..Well said indeed..

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS and TCB clearly shone. TJS in particular was very articulate about his vision on the role of the EP.
TCB consistently takes the moderate stance.

Whilst I am happy for TCB to win, TCB's answer and continued defence of his position on the Marxist's arrest leaves a lot to be desired. His claim of the "evidence" present at that time is meaningless since that "evidence" was not presented in open court and hence, was not allowed to be challenged in an open court.

Surely, if those "evidence" were rock-solid, he should know that those 22 Workers' Party supporters could have been tried and convicted in an open trial without any problems.

Cheng Bock must realise and admit that he was wrong to have supported those "Marxist" arrest, torture and incarceration of his fellow citizens without them being given the benefit of an open and fair trial to prove their innocence.

If he still believes that Lee Kuan Yew was right in arresting, torturing and incarcerating those 22 Worker's Party supporters without trial, he does not deserve to be President.

And I say that as someone who would really like to see either TJS or him succeed in their quest to be President. And I also say it as someone who would like to see him exercise the "moral authority" he has spoken of. That "moral authority" and courage to speak up for any Singaporeans who can be arbitrarily arrested, tortured and detained for as long as 23 (Prison)+ 9 (House) years on trumped up charges without ever being tried in an open court by a self-serving, rogue government.

Last edited:

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whilst I am happy for TCB to win, TCB's answer and continued defence of his position on the Marxist's arrest leaves a lot to be desired. His claim of the "evidence" present at that time is meaningless since that "evidence" was not presented in open court and hence, was not allowed to be challenged in an open court.

Surely, if those "evidence" were rock-solid, he should know that those 22 Workers' Party supporters could have been tried and convicted in an open trial without any problems.

Cheng Bock must realise and admit that he was wrong to have supported those "Marxist" arrest, torture and incarceration of his fellow citizens without them being given the benefit of an open trial to prove their innocence.

If he still believes that Lee Kuan Yew was right in arresting, torturing and incarcerating those 22 Worker's Party supporters without trial, he does not deserve to be President.

And I say that as someone who would really like to see either TJS or him succeed in their quest to be President. And I also say it as someone who would like to see him exercise the "moral authority" he has spoken of. That "moral authority" to speak up for any Singaporeans who can be arbitrarily arrested, tortured and detained for as long as 23 (Prison)+ 9 (House) years on trumped up charges and without being tried in an open court by a rogue government.

Agree your comments...i was quite disappointed with his reply too.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheng Bock must realise and admit that he was wrong to have supported those "Marxist" arrest, torture and incarceration of his fellow citizens without them being given the benefit of an open trial to prove their innocence.

And I say that as someone who would really like to see either TJS or him succeed in their quest to be President. And I also say it as someone who would like to see him exercise the "moral authority" he has spoken of. That "moral authority" to speak up for any Singaporeans who can be arbitrarily arrested, tortured and detained for as long as 23 (Prison)+ 9 (House) years on trumped up charges and without being tried in an open court by a rogue government.

Please don't anyhow said 22 are from Worker Party. Please check and confirm.
I'm must said" Please back up your statement"
Ha ha......................

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am quite disappointed with the standard of the discussion - most of them are parroting. Anyway, I think TJS won hands down. Although he spoke with great passion and with great fire in his belly, I would prefer he toned down a bit to be more convincing and less confrontational. I like his style like a man with a sacred mission to save a country.I respect TT.But he can never change his style of rebuttals and debate.Very much like LKY although not so fiery and not so vociferous. TCB and TKL can kiss their presidency good-bye. The battle will be between TJS and TKL or I would say between TJS and the REST.....Good Luck to all the presidential hopefuls. Anyway, I don't think it makes any difference to most of us.We remain Sinkings....

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't anyhow said 22 are from Worker Party. Please check and confirm.
I'm must said" Please back up your statement"
Ha ha......................

I did not say they were from the Worker's Party. I said they were Worker's Party supporters.

When I refer to WP, I am referring to the WP under JBJ during that period and not the WP of today under Low Thia Khiang.

JBJ's victory of the Anson seat in 1981 after Devan Nair vacated it was in no small measure due to the help and support of these "Marxists".

These "Marxists" requested to be acquainted with JBJ and Teo Soh Lung introduced them to JBJ. In fact, one of Lee Kuan Yew's trumped-up reason for Teo Soh Lung's arrest was because she had arranged for the entry of these "Marxist conspirators" into the Worker's Party in order that they could make use of the WP for their "Marxist's cause".

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheng Bock must realise and admit that he was wrong to have supported those "Marxist" arrest, torture and incarceration of his fellow citizens without them being given the benefit of an open and fair trial to prove their innocence.

And I say that as someone who would really like to see either TJS or him succeed in their quest to be President. And I also say it as someone who would like to see him exercise the "moral authority" he has spoken of. That "moral authority" and courage to speak up for any Singaporeans who can be arbitrarily arrested, tortured and detained for as long as 23 (Prison)+ 9 (House) years on trumped up charges without ever being tried in an open court by a self-serving, rogue government.

Agree. I just don't understand what kind of evidence in 1987 led TCB to conclude that those arrested were guilty.

Now that many of those ex-detainees have come out to insist that the arrests were wrongful and that they were not guilty of what was being accused, is TCB prepared to state categorically that those ex-detainees were lying so that the ex-detainees can sue TCB in open court ?

It takes great courage to admit mistake. Unfortunately for TCB, he has been lacking in this area. As Feedback Chief tasked to review the arrest, TCB was the only hope for the detainees. In the end, he agreed that they were guilty.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did not say they were from the Worker's Party. I said they were Worker's Party supporters.

When I refer to WP, I am referring to the WP under JBJ during that period and not the WP of today under Low Thia Khiang.

JBJ's victory of the Anson seat in 1981 after Devan Nair vacated it was in no small measure due to the help and support of these "Marxists".

These "Marxists" requested to be acquainted with JBJ and Teo Soh Lung introduced them to JBJ. In fact, one of Lee Kuan Yew's trumped-up reason for Teo Soh Lung's arrest was because she had arranged for the entry of these "Marxist conspirators" into the Worker's Party in order that they could make use of the WP for their "Marxist's cause".

Not all 22 are WP supporter under JBJ. They have their own ideas and agenda.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not all 22 are WP supporter under JBJ. They have their own ideas and agenda.

You will have to check with the WP why the arrest of the 22 "Marxist" was a "whammy" for the Party if they were not WP supporters who had helped WP/JBJ and whose help was one of the factors which helped WP/JBJ win Anson.

http://wp.sg/our-history/

"1988: Triple Whammy

...By the election year of 1988, the Party had been hit by the triple whammy of disqualification of Secretary-General J. B. Jeyaretnam in 1986, the arrest of 22 “Marxists” in 1987 and introduction of Group Representation Constituencies or GRCs in 1988..."

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Frens,

also please remember that the former Solicitor General Mr Francis Seow, wanted to help the 22 'marxist' but was detained under ISA when he visited them.