• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thousands of Singaporeans registered interest to migrate to New Zealand

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Greener Pastures

I am moving there for retirement (if the cold weather does not cut into my bones)

Perth is no longer a cheap retiring place.

absolutely and i agree 100%!

oz has become an expensive place and because of the high value labour market, it is worthwhile to make the $$$ here before retiring in nz or somewhere up in the north of QLD.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal :One of the most powerful message that you can pass down to a citizen is that fact that its country will look after you no matter and without losing your dignity or to be considered a hardship case with a battery of questions that the medical social worker runs through with you. a feature of advanced countries. Even more embarrassing is the phone calls and verification checks the Singapore authorities undertake.

Its common knowledge that the needy with little income in Singapore hide their medical condition to avoid the embarrassment of being labelled a hardship case. Its common knowledge that gangrenous condition that is so advanced that they arrive in hospital to late to be saved ia common place. Imagine the pain that they endure while wondering where the money is going to come from.

The GLCs/GICs can afford to lose BILLIONS after BILLIONS of $ without even the slightest remorse yet they are so MEAN on even spending mere millions on social spending.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

absolutely and i agree 100%!

oz has become an expensive place and because of the high value labour market, it is worthwhile to make the $$$ here before retiring in nz or somewhere up in the north of QLD.

Or, consider going to places like Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, China. There are plenty of places you can retire, sell your house after it has inflated to a milion AUD and see where you can live comfortably with that sum. :biggrin:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Or, consider going to places like Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, China. There are plenty of places you can retire, sell your house after it has inflated to a milion AUD and see where you can live comfortably with that sum. :biggrin:

I agree to retire in Asian countries... even SG is good... however, it is wise to keep your house since it is sitting with an annual growth of 10%... why kill the cow, if you are milking it ?

Some ppl keep giving negative views abt the growth in Australia.. What they fail to realize is... the Middle East has depended on their oil & gas for more than 50-100yrs.. the same would apply to Australia ? perhaps 20-50yrs.

Australia - What a lucky country !!

We should all be smiling :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

My comment was meant when you are 70-80 when you are half way up the lorry. At that stage, I think its wiser to enjoy somewhere you can enjoy life comfortably then the 10% growth. :biggrin:

I agree to retire in Asian countries... even SG is good... however, it is wise to keep your house since it is sitting with an annual growth of 10%... why kill the cow, if you are milking it ?

Some ppl keep giving negative views abt the growth in Australia.. What they fail to realize is... the Middle East has depended on their oil & gas for more than 50-100yrs.. the same would apply to Australia ? perhaps 20-50yrs.

Australia - What a lucky country !!

We should all be smiling :smile:

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: New Zealand invitation for Singaporeans

We’re looking for young Singaporeans interested in the challenge, experiences and fun of living in a country that offers you brilliant work and study experiences plus a relaxed lifestyle!

What an irony! This must be the only time when the term Singaporean means citizens only and not citizens + PRs. :smile:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

What an irony! This must be the only time when the term Singaporean means citizens only and not citizens + PRs. :smile:

Yes and YOUNG Sinkapooreans! That means those who are eligible for National Service! Studied here and went for NS. Sorry except the females. They are also sinkies of the wanted and fair kind.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes and YOUNG Sinkapooreans! That means those who are eligible for National Service! Studied here and went for NS. Sorry except the females. They are also sinkies of the wanted and fair kind.

Not totally true. It is also very desirable to attract the 30s, 40s and 50s who can invest large amounts of money into the economy. For those who are not rich, if they have young children and/or marketable skills, that is desirable as well. But the process has more roadblocks as you need to really prove your status. It is just that they have made it easier for young Singaporeans who might not have the necessary assets or proven skills. This is to encourage them to visit NZ and hopefully, make it their home and contribute to the economy in future.

It is best to make full use of the SG brand now before it gets sullied by the hordes of new citizens of dubious quality.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The GLCs/GICs can afford to lose BILLIONS after BILLIONS of $ without even the slightest remorse yet they are so MEAN on even spending mere millions on social spending.

All govts have inefficiency and wastage somewhere in the system.

The Singapore pollies have done such a wonderful job of convincing the people that social spending is bad for them, that they get to waste money on areas of high opacity and low accountability.

And then, on 9 Aug, they dress in white to convince the voters that they are schoolboys ... i mean ... they have integrity and honesty. :rolleyes: