• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the city state...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,
..............a question me have in mind: how fast does our resources replenish itself? :confused::confused::confused:

Naturally, not fast enough. However, our species has developed technologies that outpace nature's original rates. Look at the green revolution (agro-science) that has increased crop production since the sixties and seventies, it has even produced surplus (so much so that some farmers dump their crops as over-successful harvest bring market prices crashing down.) It is natural too that our conscience questions some of the morals/ethics behind this, and pollution control, and there is some tugging at our minds to go back to natural ways.

I believe that our species, despite our primeval instincts, has the ability to push production, quality of life, and humanity (for lack of a better word) bit by bit every generation. Peesai is one good example.

Cheers!

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
they actually improving the drainage over there.due to the height of the new longkang,i think they need to raise the road.

Missed but found this while looking for a dumbfuck to slap. The truth is that for once I see the PAP do fuckoffs working hard to raise the road banks over many parts of the island. Think they got insider info from God, he is gonna make rain fall over Singapore for 40 days and nights?:eek: LOL

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Missed but found this while looking for a dumbfuck to slap. The truth is that for once I see the PAP do fuckoffs working hard to raise the road banks over many parts of the island. Think they got insider info from God, he is gonna make rain fall over Singapore for 40 days and nights?:eek: LOL

They finally realized that the so called once in 50 year flood is a con .Yakoob had taken them for a ride...:biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
They finally realized that the so called once in 50 year flood is a con .Yakoob had taken them for a ride...:biggrin:

bro,
much as me understood, our current economy is propped up by several pillars: construction, defence & tech, entrepôt trading, finance, service & tourism. our dependency any one of these pillars aren't equal, and we had been chasing wagons for ages. as of current, we even have medical tourism :eek::eek::eek:

can't help it but noticed that our construction industry does bring about much growth as a result of its multiplier effects. with much of our land already built up, how long can we make use of this arm to keep the economy up? how many MUP, LUP can we inject? bro Fook Seng may be right, we could take on the advice from the second Winsemius...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
bro,
is it true that Winsemius's plans were initially put aside and then revisited later?
:confused::confused::confused:

I think it was the proposal of establishing a common market with Malaysia when Singapore left Malaysia that was rejected.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I think it was the proposal of establishing a common market with Malaysia when Singapore left Malaysia that was rejected.

my bad, was under the impression that Dr Winsemius's idea placed aside for a while until it was picked up again some time later :smile::smile::smile:
not sure about the rejection of the common market with Malaysia when we got booted out, the wet market at Tampines St 11 was just the only few markets me knew about :eek::eek::eek:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
my bad, was under the impression that Dr Winsemius's idea placed aside for a while until it was picked up again some time later :smile::smile::smile:
not sure about the rejection of the common market with Malaysia when we got booted out, the wet market at Tampines St 11 was just the only few markets me knew about :eek::eek::eek:

If you look at common markets, the one you see in Europe doesn't seem too interesting. Agree with you better to focus on wet markets.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:

The story about Dr Winsemius' proposal being put aside, nobody could own up to have made such a decision so cannot confirm. All we heard was we adopted his ideas. No detail on whether we rejected it at first. These things very difficult to admit. Will check with Goh Keng Swee first before answering you, oops, GKS' daughter-in-law.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will achieve Swiss standard of living if we import 1.4 million PRCs to drive our economy - about 25 to 35 years old would be ideal

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Agree with you better to focus on wet markets.

noted that we've been looking out for good bargains, better deals and best offers all around; is it really good? me don't understand market forces at all :(:(:(

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zhihau said:
was it? bro, who said that?

The Old Man himself when Winsemius passed away. He mentioned the good Dr made two suggestions - one was to restart barter trade with Indonesia which was adopted and the other to establish a common market with Malaysia which was rejected. The pain of separation was evidently at the back of everybody's mind.

jw5

Loyal
me think me starting to grow a strand of white hair already :*::*::*:

I like this thread, because the TS has raised a number of original points, that have unfortunately, given him white hair. Makes a change from some of the regurgitated news items and mundane things we usually discuss.

The issues are important and interesting, because they can be classified into 3 categories. To use a common corporate term for business unit managers, some items are controllable, some items are by and large uncontrollable, others are controllable but the bu managers, in this case the miw, have not done what they should be doing to make the entity a success.

We have to note that something which is uncontrollable to a corporate bu manager may be controllable to a miw.
For example, flooding which causes the factory to be closed for weeks is uncontrollable to the plant manager. But flooding is not an uncontrollable item to the miw i/c, since he has excess to resources which can be used to improve the infrastructure.