• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the city state...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If it becomes a problem, it would likely be a world wide problem.

bro,
with it being a world wide problem doesn't make it less of a problem for us, we still need to eat.
without the water treaties in force, me do not rule out the possibility of buying water to sustain our population.
RO water is still safe but production level would be of concern even with our reservoirs full at all times :(:(:(

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is not a country. It's a country club. If you had never been put in your place by newly minted PRC, Indian and Pinay Members courtesy of the PAP government, fear not. Your turn will come. Sentosa Cove is raised higher than most of the Island proper except Bukit Timah. You will have a flooded Ang Moh Kio or Tampines as a result of global warming before the residents in the Cove get their feet wet. Think of all the sand required to do that while our lift shafts are made of tin walls? See how the FAP protects the interest of these Members?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your turn will come. Sentosa Cove is raised higher than most of the Island proper except Bukit Timah.

I wonder if anyone has noticed that places like Mustaffa is being raised. Actually the area around the store: road, side walk,... is being raised. I suppose it's an anti-flooding measure.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro, not so worried about this for 2 reasons:

1. If it becomes a problem, it would likely be a world wide problem.
2. Even if it is localised, they would do their best to solve it because they won't want to be seen to be buying imported water for themselves.
Don't forget they are very conscious of their worldwide image.
To be fair, they are trying to solve the water problem, and if Zorro can drink newater, so can we. :biggrin:

jw5 half agree, before it becomes a world wide problem it is a localized problem so the food producers will first reserve food for their own people.

I have serious thought about this and being lucky to run road to Siam, I have planed for this too looking for farm land to buy in different locations of Siam of course. So far got it in NE Isaan and looking for land in the north. I saw this as a necessity and convinced my business friends to do so too, my only reason is when one is hungry money is of no value. For those of us still in Singapore, one can still consider to move out or simpler obtain a for of PR or something not necessary in Siam but anywhere that is a major food supplier.

Fuck the knnbpcb PAP who don't take care of the common people. 死仆街咸家鏟生子无屁股!!!!!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I have serious thought about this and being lucky to run road to Siam, I have planed for this too looking for farm land to buy in different locations of Siam of course.

bro,
understanding that land is a precious commodity in Singapore, there's little we can do to increase local produce to feed our population even if we wanted to. aqua-culture is one viable option, but looking at our surrounding water, southern side is difficult, Punggol-Changi side is in tatters, Kranji side tough luck, Poyan-Murai side cannot. aqua-culture in our reservoirs? *cough* one more strand of white hair... :(:(:(
maybe me should bring me family to join you in SiamLorh :o:o:o

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wonder if anyone has noticed that places like Mustaffa is being raised. Actually the area around the store: road, side walk,... is being raised. I suppose it's an anti-flooding measure.

they actually improving the drainage over there.due to the height of the new longkang,i think they need to raise the road.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
bro,
with it being a world wide problem doesn't make it less of a problem for us, we still need to eat.
without the water treaties in force, me do not rule out the possibility of buying water to sustain our population.
RO water is still safe but production level would be of concern even with our reservoirs full at all times :(:(:(

Yes, but remember my post about wastage and double standards in saving the earth?
If there is really a world food shortage problem due to our own excesses and wastage, then our race deserves to be extinct.
It's a problem for everyone and by then, it would be irreparable, and not like the local problems we have now due to their lack of concern for the ordinary chap, which can be easily fixed.

With respect to water, there is a potential issue too, but imho, they are doing things to address it. But could be they would be embarrassed to import water just for themselves.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
jw5 half agree, before it becomes a world wide problem it is a localized problem so the food producers will first reserve food for their own people.

I have serious thought about this and being lucky to run road to Siam, I have planed for this too looking for farm land to buy in different locations of Siam of course. So far got it in NE Isaan and looking for land in the north. I saw this as a necessity and convinced my business friends to do so too, my only reason is when one is hungry money is of no value. For those of us still in Singapore, one can still consider to move out or simpler obtain a for of PR or something not necessary in Siam but anywhere that is a major food supplier.

Fuck the knnbpcb PAP who don't take care of the common people. 死仆街咸家鏟生子无屁股!!!!!

Not a bad idea, growing your own food or at least being in places where food can be grown and is relatively plentiful.
But as I replied to Zhihau, perhaps future generations do have to pay the price for our wastage and excesses, if we continue this mefirstmoneygrabbing kind of thinking.
Just too bad for the human race.

Oh, btw, agree with your first and last sentence too.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not a bad idea, growing your own food or at least being in places where food can be grown and is relatively plentiful.
But as I replied to Zhihau, perhaps future generations do have to pay the price for our wastage and excesses, if we continue this mefirstmoneygrabbing kind of thinking.
Just too bad for the human race.

Oh, btw, agree with your first and last sentence too.

Although Singaporeans are living in a place lack of resource many Singaporeans should take advantage of our abilities to speak English an also hard work and to some measure financial resource to move out to build our safety net.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Yes, but remember my post about wastage and double standards in saving the earth?

me remember, bro
agree with your post on the double standards.
looks like me can start crystallising my plans :o:o:o

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is best for the world when its population is 0

Agree totally with you on this. Our species is the planet's cancer. But what can we do about this when survival instinct is inbuilt in our genes? We are todate this planet's most successful species, and by some religious teachings, it is even our destiny to control/determine the outcome of our destiny.

What do we do? Kill ourselves?

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's a country club, it certainly is very lax when it comes to membership criteria.

It is a country club with multi-tiered-membership. Membership has its privileges, some members are more equal than others.

This is the first time I've come across this country-club analogy and it certainly made me laugh.

Cheers!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
sqm is very small area.

alamak... you're right! must be thinking about so many points at the same time that me missed that! :(:(:(
nonetheless, thank you for pointing out, you're right. it's about 700 sqkm with over 7K folks per sqkm.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What do we do?

bro,
you remind me of the growth curve of a culture in a conical flask... growth phase, exponential growth phase, plateau phase, decline phase :eek::eek::eek:
a question me have in mind: how fast does our resources replenish itself? :confused::confused::confused: