• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

tesla

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't this Tesla company on the verge of bankruptcy just a few years ago if not for the US$465m injection by the US Department of Energy?

Anyway, my view of Fully Electric Vehicles can never take off successfully unless sufficient charging stations are available for the drivers' convenience. It'll be a cat-&-mouse game because without adequate number of such cars, who will want to invest and build more charging stations, vis-a-vis the opposite as well. Also, the charging time is currently taking too long and will need to be drastically reduced to be attractive, but this technology isn't quite there yet. Even the Chinese compatible, BYD, is also not quite renowned in its own native country, despite having Warren Buffet as 1 of its investors.

In my opinion, a petrol hybrid would be more practical as it won't be limited by the range and could at the same time saves fuel, especially for urban driving situations, where electric powering is mostly engaged. However, with continuous advancement in the design of the diesel engine, its conformance and durability, it may soon be even more fuel efficient than a petrol hybrid.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it'll be an uphill task for this company going ahead. Even if oil prices were to head north till over US$200/barrel, electricity costs will likewise increase as well unless the country uses Nuclear energy for its generation. Furthermore, those lithium ion batteries aren't cheap either when it comes to replacing them.

Time will tell if this company will survive and the next 3 years will be a decent period.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks for the sharing and thoughts guys about Tesla.

Here's my two cents. I think most people who buy the car now is not buying it for the sake of saving the planet, I say most not all. Simple reasons you guys already pointed out (1) limited charging stations and (2) long time to charge, so like what esnd mentioned, limiting its range and also losing the fun experience in driving the car as drivers will feel nervous when its gonna "dry up". However this is a "must have" toy for some people and honestly 60-70k USD is not much a splurge compared to a 300k sports car in USA, crab any driving sinkie could easily afford it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just got this in my email a few days ago. swee boh? and notice the starting price tag at the bottom.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you getting one?

the line is now over 275k buyers long and wait time is over 2 years as factory capacity out of fremont is only 5000 a month plus other belated deliveries they have to make on the s and x models. i'm now eyeing a 4wd hybrid suv for driving on snow.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
180,000 cars ordered ah shit why didnt i invest in tesla???granted the p/e is pretty insane for a company whose never made a profit before.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i have half a million i would get the model X.the model S unveil just seems abit meh and boring,it looks too much like a ordinary sedan.the model S is so boring is like hes reading off a brochure trying to think of something cool to say about the car,"you like the car?yes?is it nice? ok thank you,time for me to walk off the stage i have a date to catch at chucky cheese"

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
180,000 cars ordered ah shit why didnt i invest in tesla???granted the p/e is pretty insane for a company whose never made a profit before.

orders are now over 275k and counting. sold my tsla stock and had to pay capital gains tax that amounted to the msrp of a model s. best time to buy was when it was down sharp last year. their gigafactory in reno is about to open. perhaps they can produce more to meet demand. demand is amazing considering that price of gas is low.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
orders are now over 275k and counting. sold my tsla stock and had to pay capital gains tax that amounted to the msrp of a model s. best time to buy was when it was down sharp last year. their gigafactory in reno is about to open. perhaps they can produce more to meet demand. demand is amazing considering that price of gas is low.

When is the Model 3 starting to roll out of factory?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When is the Model 3 starting to roll out of factory?

supposed to be late next year but at the way delays are now with the fremont factory, buyer will be lucky if delivery is made early in 2018. the model x fulfillment is a disaster - over-promise, under-deliver. my friend who ordered and paid deposit 2 years ago is still waiting for delivery. :eek:

by the way, tesla needs billions in new loans just to stock up on material and part inventories to fulfill 100k worth of orders on model 3.

from model 3 webpage.....

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

When will my Model 3 be delivered?

Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. Once production begins, we will begin deliveries in North America starting on the West Coast, moving east. As we continue to ramp production, we will begin deliveries in Europe, APAC and right-hand drive markets. As we get closer to production, we will have more details to share with you.

How many Model 3 reservations can I make?

Two per person.

Can anyone, from any country reserve a Model 3?

Yes, anyone from countries listed on the drop down list on our website can reserve a Model 3.

When can I test drive Model 3?

We will provide the opportunity to get behind the wheel of Model 3 once we begin production at the end of 2017. In the meantime, we invite you to stop by a Tesla store to experience Model S or Model X.

What more can you tell me about Model 3?

It’s going to be awesome. We’ll continue to share more about Model 3 with you over the coming months as we get closer to production. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you bought 1,000 tesla shares (tsla) at ipo price of $16.9 per share in 2010 which was 10 years ago, you would have made more than $1.69m today.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another stock, moderna (mrna), surges today by more than 10% and hits my sell price of $69. it's now $72.69 per share. huat ah!

ilmn, aapl, shop are keepers as they have potential to surge higher. also bought nvda a long time ago when it was double-digit (over a decade), and it's now $426 a share.:eek: i'm shocked at how much nvidia has surged in over a decade.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
another stock, moderna (mrna), surges today by more than 10% and hits my sell price of $69. it's now $72.69 per share. huat ah!

ilmn, aapl, shop are keepers as they have potential to surge higher. also bought nvda a long time ago when it was double-digit (over a decade), and it's now $426 a share.:eek: i'm shocked at how much nvidia has surged in over a decade.

bro what stock now you think got multi bagger potential?

Blackberry?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
best performing stocks in my portfolio today.
tsla +9.47%
shop +8.84%
sq +6.37%
ilmn +3.90%
crsp +3.19%
nvda +3.03%